Windows 10: How do I install three identical blank 250Gb SSD drives in a "storage spaces" solution?...

Discus and support How do I install three identical blank 250Gb SSD drives in a "storage spaces" solution?... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to do this during my installation but... How do I do that if Without the OS? people say go to the task bar and type storage. How(no windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pwLeech, Nov 10, 2018.

1. pwLeech Win User

How do I install three identical blank 250Gb SSD drives in a "storage spaces" solution?...

I'm trying to do this during my installation but... How do I do that if Without the OS?

people say go to the task bar and type storage. How(no windows yet

:)

pwLeech, Nov 10, 2018
  2. IronRod Win User

Storage space keeps reporting a drive is disconnected

I've created a three-drive, parity storage space under Windows 10. On an occasional, though not infrequent basis, it reports one of the drives is "disconnected". But the drive is, in fact, connected hardware-wise. The only thing that I've found that corrects
    this is to shut-down the computer and then start it. A restart does not correct this error. After the shut-down/start-up, it finds the drive and repairs the pool. It has now happened twice since installing Windows 10 just over a week ago.

I am wondering if this might be related to one of the drives being connected as a IDE "slave". I don't know why that would matter given there's nothing really different operationally between a slave vs master IDE but it is one thing I've noted. The motherboard
    supports six SATA2 ports though the BIOS allows for eight IDE connections. Here's how they're currently connected:

• 0 master - Boot SSD drive
    • 0 slave - empty
    • 1 master - CD/DVD
    • 1 slave - Storage SSD drive
    • 2 master - Storage SSD drive
    • 3 master - Storage SSD drive
    • 4 master - not supported by hardware
    • 4 slave - not supported by hardware
    Specifications:

• This is a clean install of Windows 10 x64, 8GB ram, E8400 Core Duo. BIOS is up-to-date.
    • Boot drive is Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB.
    • Storage Space is comprised of three Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB set for parity.

IronRod, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Storage spaces doesn't show some of my drives.

I have a brand new system. Only the OS has been install. Windows 10 home.

I have two identical internal 1TB SATA drives. I have one external USB drive. One of the internal drives has the OS installed. The other is blank. I want to use the two internal drives in a mirror config for reliability of storage using Storage Spaces.

The two internal drives don't show in Storage Spaces. The USB drive shows.

I am just learning about Storage Spaces and would appreciate help in understanding what is happening.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

EdwardSchmitz, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Vk8366 Win User

How do I install three identical blank 250Gb SSD drives in a "storage spaces" solution?...

Win 10 Storage Spaces

Hi, Can anyone give me some guidance on this. Trying to setup Storage Spaces on two identical drives.

I have a Samsung evo 850 250 GB (232GB usable) SSD as main drive C, currently 75GB used

I have just added a new evo 850 250 GB SSD because I had some disk errors happen on the C drive

Initially I cloned the C drive on to the new one just for a DR but was thinking of using a 2 way mirror in storage pool instead.

I believe I should be able to use just 2 drives to create the 2 way mirror?

Obviously I have now two drives identical; C and F

Creating a storage pool indicates it will delete the files on the new drive F. OK Understand that part.

What would be the steps to be careful of in creating a pool.

Any precautions?

When creating a pool what sizes of the pool should I use?

Vk8366, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I install three identical blank 250Gb SSD drives in a "storage spaces" solution?... - Similar Threads - install three identical

2. How do I unretire Storage Spaces drives in a parity array?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I unretire Storage Spaces drives in a parity array?: I have a Storage Spaces 3 disk parity array that suddenly had 2 drives marked as unhealthy and removed from the array nearly simultaneously. This of course took the drive associated with the array offline and should have rendered it unrecoverable, though I have not bothered...
  3. How do I unretire Storage Spaces drives in a parity array?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unretire Storage Spaces drives in a parity array?: I have a Storage Spaces 3 disk parity array that suddenly had 2 drives marked as unhealthy and removed from the array nearly simultaneously. This of course took the drive associated with the array offline and should have rendered it unrecoverable, though I have not bothered...
  4. Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives: I was using the non-SSD drives shown as a Storage Space. I can see them in Device Manager and if I use the Get-PhysicalDisk command, but I can't see them in Storage Spaces and Disk Management. It appears that two of the drives have failed, the ST3000DM001-1CH166 ATA Device...
  5. Low on storage space on SSD

Low on storage space on SSD: My laptop 2 years old, if that has a 100GB SSD drive C:Drive and a 930GB D:Drive conventional disk drive, which is pretty common these days. Windows OS is on the SSD and the computer is now prompting me to create space on the SSD as it is 90% full. Windows OS and c:users...
  6. Why is my SSD Journal drive's WriteCacheSize blank in Storage Spaces?

Why is my SSD Journal drive's WriteCacheSize blank in Storage Spaces?: I'm trying to set up storage spaces to use what I believe is called "write back cache". I originally had 1 SSD and 6 HDDs, I found it painfully slow. So I replaced one HDD with an SSD, and I added one more SSD. I'm trying to use the two Journal SSDs in the below list as the...
  7. Storage Spaces: SSD Tiering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Storage Spaces: SSD Tiering: I'm building a volume with 10 HDDs and an SSD. If I configure it through the UI will it automatically tier the SSD or does that still need to be done via powershell? Windows 10 Enterprise (latest build, forget exact number) submitted by /u/DirkEdgewoode [link] [comments]...
  8. how do i creat storage space

how do i creat storage space: I not very good withcomputer it keeps tellingme I am low on storage space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-creat-storage-space/4cf6cc07-b0bd-4f85-8f2d-009009577a28"
  9. SSD drive as primary drive(250gb) and HDD as storage hard drive(500gb), but system does not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD drive as primary drive(250gb) and HDD as storage hard drive(500gb), but system does not...: Hello! I took my old HDD from my broken computer and inserted it to my new one as storage drive. My primary drive is SSD and windows boots from it every time, but first time I inserted HDD, the computer booted up with no problems, but after a second restart, my computer is...
  10. Storage Spaces - Add three extra drives Warning ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces - Add three extra drives Warning ?: Hi I have a simple three disk parity RAID - calles Storage Space - W: drive. 3 x 1.36Gb gives me about 2.72Gb storage plus the parity bits. This storage space has about 1.47Gb of data leaving some 1.24Gb free. Storage Space Static is telling me my disks are 88%...