Windows 10: How do I Install win10 on a hard drive using a bootable flash drive?

Discus and support How do I Install win10 on a hard drive using a bootable flash drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded the Media Creation tool and used it and Rufus to create a bootable flash drive. I'm ready to use the flash drive for a clean install.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jim8080, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Jim8080 Win User

How do I Install win10 on a hard drive using a bootable flash drive?

I downloaded the Media Creation tool and used it and Rufus to create a bootable flash drive.

I'm ready to use the flash drive for a clean install. There's a tutorial covering this topic - I read it last night, but cannot find it today. Can someone help? I remember there were a number of choices made during installation

Jim

:)

Jim8080, Oct 31, 2018
  2. Chewy Win User

Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Oct 31, 2018
  3. third sata drive not bootable ?

Exactly. On the where do you want to install Windows screen, it has the list of all 3 drives, but when I choose the new drive is when it says it cannot install because the drive is not a bootable drive. If I select one of the other drives with XP installed it doesn't give that message.

jeepdriver, Oct 31, 2018
  4. How do I Install win10 on a hard drive using a bootable flash drive?

Win10 empty hard drive

My hard drive which had win10 died. Since it was an out of warranty dell and I don't seem to have any install disks fr win 8, I was trying to make an iso on a flash drive to install on the new drive. However, EVERY time I use the win10 media tool I get
    that 08XXXX error. It will download, just not create the usb drive key.

Any suggestion?

Matthew770, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

How do I Install win10 on a hard drive using a bootable flash drive?

1. How do I Install win10 on a hard drive using a bootable flash drive? - Similar Threads - Install win10 hard

2. How to install Win10 on a flash drive from a flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Win10 on a flash drive from a flash drive: As my laptop got bad clusters, and my system not booting, I created a windows 10 bootable flash drive.I have another flash drive 64GB that I formated into NTFS, with GPT partition table, to install windows on it.I started the windows setup process, and when I reached the...
  3. How to install Win10 on a flash drive from a flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Win10 on a flash drive from a flash drive: As my laptop got bad clusters, and my system not booting, I created a windows 10 bootable flash drive.I have another flash drive 64GB that I formated into NTFS, with GPT partition table, to install windows on it.I started the windows setup process, and when I reached the...
  4. How to install Win10 on a flash drive from a flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bootable flash drive, how?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootable flash drive, how?!: I have absolutely no idea on how to make a bootable USB flash drive, I've tried for 2 hours and got no where, someone please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootable-flash-drive-how/649718ea-7904-4156-bed1-0b1eb73177f9
  6. Bootable flash drive, how?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootable flash drive, how?!: I have absolutely no idea on how to make a bootable USB flash drive, I've tried for 2 hours and got no where, someone please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootable-flash-drive-how/649718ea-7904-4156-bed1-0b1eb73177f9
  7. Creating a bootable flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a bootable flash drive: Hello beautiful people I'm creating a bootable thumb drive because I have 2 new computers and one is having issues. So going by the answers in these forums I have been unsuccessful fixing the issues and the next on the list from here was to do this . My question is How long...
  8. How to create a bootable win10 flash drive skipping installation on boot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to create a bootable win10 flash drive skipping installation on boot?: I tried creating a bootable flash drive with windows media creation kit and rufus, and when I try to boot from it everything works but when I get to the partitions it doesn't detect anything (enough though the installation itself is running off of the flash drive?) I'm...
  9. Using a flash-drive or external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using a flash-drive or external hard drive: Recently every time I try to use a flash-drive or an external hard drive, I get this message. I don't have a problem using the logitech wireless adaptor for my mouse/keyboard but when I insert a flash-drive or external hard drive this pops up. [ATTACH]...
  10. Questions on creating Win10 Bootable Flash drive using Diskpart method

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions on creating Win10 Bootable Flash drive using Diskpart method: Hi all, 1.When using Diskpart to create a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive is it not necessary to use the Assign command at all. Ive noticed some instructions where Assign is used and others where it isn't. What happens if I don't use the Assign command when preparing the...