Windows 10: How do I install Window 10 on a Chromebook machine to replace Chrome OS?

Discus and support How do I install Window 10 on a Chromebook machine to replace Chrome OS? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I install Window 10 on a Chromebook machine to replace Chrome OS?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlesHanebuth, Feb 13, 2019.

1. How do I install Window 10 on a Chromebook machine to replace Chrome OS?

How do I install Window 10 on a Chromebook machine to replace Chrome OS?

:)

CharlesHanebuth, Feb 13, 2019

2. School chromebook os

Hi Keisha

Could you describe the problem in further detail.

Windows 10 cannot be installed on most ChromeBooks and its usually not permitted to install your own personal copy of Windows on school property if the option is available.

Chromebooks are engineered to run Chrome OS from Google. Future notebooks that are Chromebooks will come with the option to install Windows.

You should consider contacting your school administrator for assistance.

Andre for Directly, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Is it possible Chrome on PC?

I guess the next question is: Can we install windows on a chromebook and then install chrome OS on chrome on windows *Wink How do I install Window 10 on a Chromebook machine to replace Chrome OS? ;)

lemonadesoda, Feb 13, 2019
  4. neilpzz Win User

Chromebook killer?

No I didn't misunderstand I just wondered why Windows 10 was on a Chromebook. I looked at HP's site after and it seems they have a Chrome operating system.

The updates can be large and can require 20GB of free space to install. (depending on the update) So they are not designed for use on a device with a small amount of internal storage.

I wonder why manufacturers produce machines (if they are designed for Windows 10) with such a small amount of storage.

I believe there is an option for the large Feature updates to use extra USB storage but I've not heard of it using an SD card. Can you install the programs to the SD card.

I wouldn't imagine MS have any thoughts on Chromebook users as they are not designed for Windows 10.

Did your Chromebook come with Windows 10 (from HP) or Chrome OS.?

neilpzz, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I install Window 10 on a Chromebook machine to replace Chrome OS? - Similar Threads - install Window Chromebook

2. How do i install windows onto a usb with a chromebook?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i install windows onto a usb with a chromebook?: Basically what i said in the title is what i need help with. Please and thanks! submitted by /u/keonzneedshelp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l4fknj/how_do_i_install_windows_onto_a_usb_with_a/
  3. Chrome won't install on Windows 10 machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome won't install on Windows 10 machine: I uninstalled Chrome and can't reinstall it. It will download but when I try to run the program it flashes a black screen at me and does nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-wont-install-on-windows-10-machine/0b6c1e26-4620-4a5d-ab34-2704da406f56
  4. What is new in Chrome OS 79 for Chromebook - Dec. 17

in Windows 10 News
    What is new in Chrome OS 79 for Chromebook - Dec. 17: With the latest Chrome OS update, we’re continuing to make Chromebook secure, fast and intuitively simple. Now you can control your music or podcasts from the lock screen, and manage your privacy settings across apps more easily. Control music at a glance The latest Chrome...
  5. What is new in Chrome OS for Chromebook

in Windows 10 News
    What is new in Chrome OS for Chromebook: One of the best parts of Chromebooks is that every new version of Chrome OS brings dozens of improvements to keep your device safe, fast and hassle-free. The latest version of Chrome OS includes tools to help you organize your workspace, make phone calls more easily, and...
  6. Google introduces Chrome OS 77 for Chromebook

in Windows 10 News
    Google introduces Chrome OS 77 for Chromebook: Hello Chromebook Community, You should soon see an update on your device for Chrome OS 77! As part of this new release, here’s a list of new features and changes you’ll notice when you update to this new version of Chrome. Manage your Media Have you ever struggled to...
  7. I'm replacing (trying) Chrome OS on Chromebook w/Windows 10

I'm replacing (trying) Chrome OS on Chromebook w/Windows 10: I've listed as much info as I can on my profile, but chromebook 3, I could not find the motherboard info, or much of the other info on your list. I listed my PC info, Windows 10, that's a breeze, and one reason I want to get rid of Chrome OS, without getting rid of the...
  8. Replace Chrome OS with Windows 10. How do I do it?

Replace Chrome OS with Windows 10. How do I do it?: Replace Chrome OS with Windows 10. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-chrome-os-with-windows-10-how-do-i-do-it/c1f61d9e-8866-49a9-a747-8279b50b5d68
  9. Installing Windows 10 on how Chromebook

Installing Windows 10 on how Chromebook: Is there any way to download windows on an hp chomebook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-10-on-how-chromebook/a518ccfa-5686-40fa-9dce-72be87a6817d
  10. How Do I Repair or Replace Windows 10 Installer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Repair or Replace Windows 10 Installer?: I can not install programs or do Windows 10 updates because the Windows 10 Installer is damage. When attempting to install a program or do Windows 10 updates, the installer stops and the progress bar shows no progression of installation. I have the computer during the...