Windows 10: How do I install windows 10 home to replace vista

Discus and support How do I install windows 10 home to replace vista in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Upgrade from vista to windows 10 home * Moved from Insider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BarrieN, Mar 21, 2019.

1. BarrieN Win User

How do I install windows 10 home to replace vista

Upgrade from vista to windows 10 home

* Moved from Insider

:)

BarrieN, Mar 21, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Mar 21, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 21, 2019
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I install windows 10 home to replace vista - Similar Threads - install home replace

2. How do I upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium: I use Windows XP Home x64 Edition how to upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-to-windows-vista-home-premium/e49cde99-f59c-4a5a-b060-6ac6b4a47cab
  3. How do I upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium: I use Windows XP Home x64 Edition how to upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-to-windows-vista-home-premium/e49cde99-f59c-4a5a-b060-6ac6b4a47cab
  4. Replacing Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replacing Windows 10 Home: The hard drive on my 2 year old HP Pavilion desktop computer has stopped working. It came with Windows 10 Home and Microsoft Office. I want to purchase and install a new hard drive. Can Microsoft provide me with a new free license and download for Windows 10 Home with Office?...
  5. Replacing Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing Windows 10 Home: The hard drive on my 2 year old HP Pavilion desktop computer has stopped working. It came with Windows 10 Home and Microsoft Office. I want to purchase and install a new hard drive. Can Microsoft provide me with a new free license and download for Windows 10 Home with Office?...
  6. can Vista be replace with windows 10 home and 10 ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can Vista be replace with windows 10 home and 10 ???: can windows vista be replace with windows 10 home and windows 10 pro??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-vista-be-replace-with-windows-10-home-and-10/88c4f367-ab24-4ac2-9b6f-0143b52828b7
  7. can Vista be replace with windows 10 home and 10 ???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can Vista be replace with windows 10 home and 10 ???: can windows vista be replace with windows 10 home and windows 10 pro??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-vista-be-replace-with-windows-10-home-and-10/88c4f367-ab24-4ac2-9b6f-0143b52828b7
  8. Can't install windows 10 Home on Vista

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install windows 10 Home on Vista: Hi. I bought new version of windows 10 home from Microsoft. It arrived as a usb stick. It will not install. It states that it can't install on current operating system.Vista. It says it can be booted from installation media. I do not know how to do this. I will admit to not...
  9. how do i install windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i install windows 10 home: need to install windows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-windows-10-home/70912532-c32e-4a0d-be67-b2b2f3a2e642
  10. How Do I Repair or Replace Windows 10 Installer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Repair or Replace Windows 10 Installer?: I can not install programs or do Windows 10 updates because the Windows 10 Installer is damage. When attempting to install a program or do Windows 10 updates, the installer stops and the progress bar shows no progression of installation. I have the computer during the...