Windows 10: How do I install Windows after a dead hard drive?

Discus and support How do I install Windows after a dead hard drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I have an Asus ROG 750JW Laptop. My Hard drive died on my and is unrecoverable sadly. Well I do not have any recover media. How do I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DJBuzz, Mar 30, 2019.

1. DJBuzz Win User

How do I install Windows after a dead hard drive?

Hello. I have an Asus ROG 750JW Laptop. My Hard drive died on my and is unrecoverable sadly.

Well I do not have any recover media. How do I get Windows again? I will be purchasing 2 new Laptop Hard drives (2tb each).

Thanks.

:)

DJBuzz, Mar 30, 2019
  2. little cat, Mar 30, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 30, 2019
  4. How do I install Windows after a dead hard drive?

Two hard drives dead?

Okay...got my brothers computer situated. Apparently the hard drive that I unplugged was not his game drive that disappeared. But because his Antec 900 is so cramped around the hdd area, I apparently knocked the power cable loose from his game drive which made it not show up in My Computer. Plugged the power back in and hard drive is up and running.

Now back to my 750gb. I put it back in my computer and installed Windows XP on my main 250GB drive. Dual booting that and Windows 7. The drive does not show up in either OS. *Frown How do I install Windows after a dead hard drive? :(

I think the drive is FUBAR. Open to suggestions though.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

How do I install Windows after a dead hard drive?

1. How do I install Windows after a dead hard drive? - Similar Threads - install dead hard

2. How to install Windows 10 Pro from a dead hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Windows 10 Pro from a dead hard drive: A hard drive containing my windows 10 pro OS died, and I would like to remove that device from my Microsoft account and install the OS on a new hard drive using the same product key. Where can I find this product key on my Microsoft account?Can I install this on my new...
  3. How to install Windows 10 Pro from a dead hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Windows 10 Pro from a dead hard drive: A hard drive containing my windows 10 pro OS died, and I would like to remove that device from my Microsoft account and install the OS on a new hard drive using the same product key. Where can I find this product key on my Microsoft account?Can I install this on my new...
  4. How to install Windows 10 Pro from a dead hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is my hard drive dead?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is my hard drive dead?: Context: my computer is 12 years old and just recently when force shutting it down after it crashing from opening a program while making weird beeping noises whenever I press any keyboard input or click my mouse. When booted up, it seemed to be stuck on a black screen so I...
  6. Dead hard drive with activated windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dead hard drive with activated windows: Recently, my hard drive died with windows 10 home installed on it. I do not have the key for it however, because it was a laptop that included a copy of windows 10. I was wondering if there was any way that i would be able to install it on the new hard drive, which is taking...
  7. Dead Hard Drive. Is it a Virus?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dead Hard Drive. Is it a Virus?: I was having trouble with my laptop which I could not sort out. I decided to take out my hard drive and check it on another laptop using a sata/usb lead. I could not read the drive as it asked me if I wanted to format it. Where has my data gone and is the drive dead and could...
  8. ~ How install WINDOWS 10 on NEW HD after DEAD Hard Drive on OEM Windows 8 install ? ~

~ How install WINDOWS 10 on NEW HD after DEAD Hard Drive on OEM Windows 8 install ? ~: ~ How install WINDOWS 10 on NEW HD after DEAD Hard Drive on OEM Windows 8 install ? ~ OEM computer with initially Windows 8 installed upgraded to Windows 10. When Hard Drive dies how do I install Windows 10 on NEW Hard Drive ? 1. How do access KEY info ? 2. Do I need...
  9. Dead Hard Drive Installing New One

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dead Hard Drive Installing New One: I have the product key from the old hard drive but won't let me use it on the new install. Also, it wouldn't let me get past I don't have a product key page....
  10. Windows 10 install from dead hard drive

Windows 10 install from dead hard drive: Is there a way to transfer my windows 10 and other files which live on a dead hard drive directly onto a new hard drive which i have mounted into the laptop the dead hdd came out of? I removed the dead hdd and used a sata to usb cable to check if my files are still on the...