Windows 10: How do I interpret the Battery Report?

Discus and support How do I interpret the Battery Report? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/LoveLaika237 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ma0yl1/how_do_i_interpret_the_battery_report/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LoveLaika237, Mar 21, 2021.

1. How do I interpret the Battery Report?

/u/LoveLaika237, Mar 21, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Battery report

Gabriela,

I have very precise records of when I swap over my batteries [because I run battery reports both before & after] and the moment of opening up the computer or changing the battery does not show up in my battery reports.
    - My Battery report section Usage history - History of system usage on AC and battery goes all the way back to when the computer maker finished setting the computer up [and then posted it to me]. Your corresponding records seem to show the same.
    - I know of no command to reset the parameters listed in a battery report.

The Start time entry you circled in red shows the time that the computer was turned on or awakened on battery power. There is no indication of anything dishonest being done. Windows re-starts that list whenever it feels like it. There is nothing significant in that entry at all. Just for example, my Battery report Start time entries are only showing for today but the computer was in use yesterday and earlier on battery.

Denis

3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

How do I interpret the Battery Report? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 21, 2021
  4. baskhara Win User

How do I interpret the Battery Report?

Acer battery won't charge

What if the battery unremoveable? Should I disassemble and remove it? also there is a switch underneath the case and around the RAM slot that prevent the laptop to turn on when the case is open and without the charger. Is that the same as removing the battery? although when turned on with charger, the laptop still see the battery. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I took the report, the design capacity was 41.440 mWh but full charge capacity is now 25.752 mWh. Is it that bad? Before this happened I believe HWMonitor also show the same number with 38% Wear Level.
    Here's the report file

baskhara, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

How do I interpret the Battery Report?

1. How do I interpret the Battery Report? - Similar Threads - interpret Battery Report

2. Battery Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Report: My battery died during these few days and I wanted to check if it did. I made a battery report using the command prompt and it showed an impossible number of 10000% capacity remaining. What does the high capacity number mean?Here's the battery usage chart:...
  3. Battery report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery report: Hello,I am Vatshal,I recently generated a battery report with the command prompt, Is the LiP in CHEMISTRY section is the lithium polymar, or other. If it isn't Lithium polymar, inform me with the name of the battery. And If my battery is lithium polymar, why it's battery life...
  4. Battery Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Report: Hello,The battery report generated using command prompt powercfg /batteryreport has only recent entries ~1 month although the laptop is being used for 2 years. Is there a way to generate this report with all the entries?Thanks...
  5. Battery Report

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Report: Hello,The battery report generated using command prompt powercfg /batteryreport has only recent entries ~1 month although the laptop is being used for 2 years. Is there a way to generate this report with all the entries?Thanks...
  6. I need some help with interpreting the battery report generated w/ cmd. Battery report says...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I need some help with interpreting the battery report generated w/ cmd. Battery report says...: My battery dows not charging and it works only when I pluged in. So I chacked battery report by "powercfg /batteryreport /duration 14"there are "Battery changed" in there as well; my laptop has a built-in, non-removable battery and I definitely didn't change it, so naturally...
  7. I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need help interpreting my battery report on Windows Surface Pro 7!: I've been having problems with the battery life on my Windows Surface Pro 7 where I leave it to fully charge and it doesn't turn on unless I plug it into it's charger. Once it's turn on it shows it has 0% battery after letting it charge a few hours or so. My Surface Pro also...
  8. Interpreting a Battery Health Report: Full Charge Capacity Exceeds Design Capacity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Interpreting a Battery Health Report: Full Charge Capacity Exceeds Design Capacity: Before purchasing a replacement battery for my PC, I ran a Battery HealthReport because the battery on my laptop will no longer power it for more than afew minutes. My question about the report relates to the "Battery CapacityHistory" section. For my PC the Full Charge...
  9. Battery report

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery report: I recently bought an asus laptopK571GT-p, I wanted to check it's battery so I ran Window's battery report, and here is my problem: Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS install: Since OS install1604:15:26-1627:10:31 Is any thing wrong...
  10. Battery report

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery report: Battery original report was from 05.07.2019. Battery report reset on 24.06.2020, time 12.38.48. Why? I have the actions that were done exactly at the date and time of the reset. [img] [img] [img] 159803