Windows 10: How do I keep files off onedrive

Discus and support How do I keep files off onedrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I keep getting messages saying onedrive is full. And I keep moving files to folders on my C drive. BUT THEY KEEP SHOWING UP. How do I stop this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeorgeLeSauvage, Jun 3, 2020.

1. How do I keep files off onedrive

I keep getting messages saying onedrive is full. And I keep moving files to folders on my C drive. BUT THEY KEEP SHOWING UP.

How do I stop this? There are many files I want on my PC, which I DO NOT want on onedrive. Period. This is getting to be a real pain.

If it comes down to it, I suppose I will just have to disable onedrive entirely. Right now I'm using it to transfer files from a new PC to an old one. When I'm done, how can I kill it dead?

Once again, Microsoft has come up with a "feature" which is really a bug. It's getting worse and worse and worse. I miss the days from 98 and earlier, when I had some control over my PC, without having to take deep classes.

But to repeat: Why do files I've deleted keep returning to onedrive. How can I prevent this.

I don't expect a useful reply, I guess I'm just venting. I may have to break down and go to Apple. I don't want to, but I'm being pushed that way.

:)

GeorgeLeSauvage, Jun 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 3, 2020
  4. How do I keep files off onedrive

Utilities that I run can no longer automatically save files to my OneDrive

Hi Alan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To set OneDrive as your default location to save your documents and files, follow the below steps.

1. Click on the OneDrive icon from the Taskbar area > Click on the menu button (three-dots) on the top-right corner > Click on
      Settings > Go to the Auto Save tab.
    2. Using the drop-down menu, select OneDrive for
      Desktop
      , Documents, and Pictures and click on
      OK.
    3. Once you complete the above steps, restart the computer once and try saving the files generated from utilities and check if it is saving in
      C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents folder.

If you are still facing the same issue, then I suggest you to contact OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue by following the below steps.

• Login to
      https://onedrive.com/
    • Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    • Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

How do I keep files off onedrive

1. How do I keep files off onedrive - Similar Threads - keep files off

2. How do I keep my files local after unlinking OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep my files local after unlinking OneDrive?: Hello,I've tried to keep the files local by right clicking the files and choosing the option to "Always keep on this device" and then unchecking/turn off syncing in the Manage Backups tab. After doing so it creates this shortcuts to the OneDrive folder. I would try to unlink...
  3. How do I keep my files local after unlinking OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I keep my files local after unlinking OneDrive?: Hello,I've tried to keep the files local by right clicking the files and choosing the option to "Always keep on this device" and then unchecking/turn off syncing in the Manage Backups tab. After doing so it creates this shortcuts to the OneDrive folder. I would try to unlink...
  4. How do I get files off onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get files off onedrive?: Got a new lenovo laptop and transferred over alll my files from my old one - now coming to understand it automatically saved to onedrive instead of my desktop? So, I don't want to buy more onedrive storage, everything I have is already backed up in the google cloud. So I now...
  5. How do I get files off onedrive?

How do I get files off onedrive?: Got a new lenovo laptop and transferred over alll my files from my old one - now coming to understand it automatically saved to onedrive instead of my desktop? So, I don't want to buy more onedrive storage, everything I have is already backed up in the google cloud. So I now...
  6. I want MY files off of onedrive, and onedrive off of MY computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want MY files off of onedrive, and onedrive off of MY computer: I do not want Onedrive. I never asked for Onedrive. Give me back MY files and help me get this ransomware program you shoved down my throat off my **** machine!...
  7. Can I use OneDrive offline files stored locally and Keep OneDrive "data-type" files off the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use OneDrive offline files stored locally and Keep OneDrive "data-type" files off the...: First, I'd like to mention that I try to keep my "data" type files in a separate Drive Partition from the default C drive which contains the Windows OS and all the Apps that of course involve the Registry I will refer here to the collection as "SYSTEM files". There are at...
  8. Can I use OneDrive offline files stored locally and Keep OneDrive "data-type" files off the...

Can I use OneDrive offline files stored locally and Keep OneDrive "data-type" files off the...: First, I'd like to mention that I try to keep my "data" type files in a separate Drive Partition from the default C drive which contains the Windows OS and all the Apps that of course involve the Registry I will refer here to the collection as "SYSTEM files". There are at...
  9. How do I turn off OneDrive and store files locally?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off OneDrive and store files locally?: Hi there,I started using OneDrive to backup my documents and I have encountered some issues, both caused by the same problem: OneDrive has moved files within my documents area to a different path. One application has stopped working completely, another won’t open my projects...
  10. How do I turn off OneDrive/

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I turn off OneDrive/: I have no use for this. However, no matter what I am doing, typing a letter, browsing on-line, playing a game, I get a pop-up asking me to set up OneDrive. I'm tired of this. Looking on-line says it cannot be deleted. But, now I'm getting a notice that I have a new OneDrive...