Windows 10: How do I keep making use of my damaged USB drive?

Discus and support How do I keep making use of my damaged USB drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I'm a Windows 10 user. I took error scan & test for my old USB drive Kingston 16GB with HD Tune and the result is this:It can be seen that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Troy Ben, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Troy Ben Win User

How do I keep making use of my damaged USB drive?

Hello. I'm a Windows 10 user. I took error scan & test for my old USB drive Kingston 16GB with HD Tune and the result is this:It can be seen that my flash drive is 50% damaged but I want to keep trying using by avoiding the damaged blocks the red ones. How do I utilize this? Thanks for any suggestions.

:)

Troy Ben, Jul 20, 2022
  2. zbook Win User

install.wim is 7GB, how to make a bootable USB flash drive

This is a method to make a ntfs flash drive.

The trial and error step will be booting using Legacy BIOS...

Code:
    This is the link:
    Guide: How to Format USB Flash Drive Using Cmd - EaseUS

The link did not use active so that is why it is a trial and error step.

zbook, Jul 20, 2022
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jul 20, 2022
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 20, 2022
Thema:

1. How do I keep making use of my damaged USB drive? - Similar Threads - keep making damaged

2. How do i know if a componet is damaged or make my laptop work slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i know if a componet is damaged or make my laptop work slow?: Hello, recently my laptop started to work slow like a few weekends ago, i did not payd atention to much since im busy whit work The problem i ocucrred is that my laptop began to be dificult to use in games , whenever i try to play a game it goes from like 150-200 fps to 03 or...
  3. How do i know if a componet is damaged or make my laptop work slow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i know if a componet is damaged or make my laptop work slow?: Hello, recently my laptop started to work slow like a few weekends ago, i did not payd atention to much since im busy whit work The problem i ocucrred is that my laptop began to be dificult to use in games , whenever i try to play a game it goes from like 150-200 fps to 03 or...
  4. How do I keep making use of my damaged USB drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep making use of my damaged USB drive?: Hello. I'm a Windows 10 user. I took error scan & test for my old USB drive Kingston 16GB with HD Tune and the result is this:It can be seen that my flash drive is 50% damaged but I want to keep trying using by avoiding the damaged blocks the red ones. How do I utilize this?...
  5. How do I keep making use of my damaged USB drive?

How do I keep making use of my damaged USB drive?: Hello. I'm a Windows 10 user. I took error scan & test for my old USB drive Kingston 16GB with HD Tune and the result is this:It can be seen that my flash drive is 50% damaged but I want to keep trying using by avoiding the damaged blocks the red ones. How do I utilize this?...
  6. how do I make my USB drive accessible - Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I make my USB drive accessible - Windows 11?: I have attached a USB SSD drive to my laptop and it shows up as USB Drive D. When I checked Device Manager it says that the device is working normally. Properties shows it there but the Used and Free space are both zero. When I select Manage for This PC, go to Storage and...
  7. how do I make my USB drive accessible - Windows 11?

how do I make my USB drive accessible - Windows 11?: I have attached a USB SSD drive to my laptop and it shows up as USB Drive D. When I checked Device Manager it says that the device is working normally. Properties shows it there but the Used and Free space are both zero. When I select Manage for This PC, go to Storage and...
  8. How do I make my USB flash drive turn back to normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make my USB flash drive turn back to normal?: So I am going to be building a new pc for a friend in a few days, so I went ahead and installed the Windows 10 installation media tool onto my flash drive. It looks like the download changed the formatting of my whole drive (changed the name of the drive to “ESD-USB” and it...
  9. How do I make a USB reset password drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I make a USB reset password drive?: How do I make a USB reset password drive for an HP Pavilion laptop/Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-a-usb-reset-password-drive/79e2cf76-6ef9-43c3-baf1-fc05d575f549
  10. Windows 10 usb recovery drive - how to make use of it

Windows 10 usb recovery drive - how to make use of it: I have a couple of the Microsoft USB recovery drives and want to format them to use for other things. Does anyone know of a KNOWN method that can remove the READ ONLY from the drives? I think its silly to have these laying around and cant use them. If I ever need one I can...