Windows 10: How do I keep my laptop from disconnecting from WiFi when asleep?

Discus and support How do I keep my laptop from disconnecting from WiFi when asleep? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey all, I'm having some issues with my laptop disconnecting from WiFi when the computer is asleep. Obviously, this prevents me from running large... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by eDotJ, May 1, 2020.

1. eDotJ Win User

How do I keep my laptop from disconnecting from WiFi when asleep?

Hey all,

I'm having some issues with my laptop disconnecting from WiFi when the computer is asleep. Obviously, this prevents me from running large downloads or anything else because if I leave the computer for a few minutes or close the lid, it will go into sleep mode and stop the download. Here's what I've tried:

Disabling "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the network adapter settings

Setting my power preferences everywhere to "Maximum Performance"

Disabling iPv6 in the network settings in control panel

Switching the WiFi card from a Killer Wireless card to an Intel card, and making sure the Intel drivers are up to date.

At this point, I have absolutely no idea as to why the computer would keep disconnecting from WiFi when asleep. This doesn't happen to any of my other devices on the same network. Any ideas?

Thank you.

:)

eDotJ, May 1, 2020
  2. Anak Win User

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

Anak, May 1, 2020
  3. Laptop disconnects from Wifi at random intervals

My laptop is randomly disconnecting from my new router. Sometimes it's every few minutes, sometimes it can be an hour or two in between disconnections. This only seems to effect wireless devices and I notice it most often on my laptop. The router is a Fritz!Box 7490 and is connected to 2degrees Internet. The message in the WLAN event log is :

[table][tr][td]Wireless LAN device deregistered itself (5 GHz). MAC address: 64:BC:0C:6A:79:62[/td] [/tr] [/table]

The weird thing is that if I disconnect from wifi and reconnect it re-establishes the connection near instantly. Sometimes it just shows as connected to wifi but not to the internet.

I have tried factory resetting the router (As suggested by 2degrees Internet) and I've tried setting my laptop DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I have also tried to change the wifi channels in case of interference.

Any suggestions or advice is welcome and I'm happy to provide extra info on request. Thank you for your attention.

Matthewryaio, May 1, 2020
  4. How do I keep my laptop from disconnecting from WiFi when asleep?

Wifi continuously disconnects

This just started happening only a few days ago, I'm not sure what might have caused it, but my laptop will suddenly disconnect from my wifi network. sometimes it won't disconnect, but just stop receiving/sending packets. I can tell this because suddenly my pages are stuck loading and skype is trying to reconnect, but nothing happens until I manually disconnect.

I have tried
    • Troubleshooting
      How do I keep my laptop from disconnecting from WiFi when asleep? [​IMG]
      But I usually get "Your proxy setting could not be recognized" or something, even though I don't have any proxy settings.
    • Uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest driver for my wifi card
    • disabling power saving for the wifi card as talked about here
    • Everything mentioned on the Microsoft page here

This has been driving me crazy, ethernet works fine. I can connect my phone to wifi and tether it to my laptop, so this shouldn't be a problem with the router.

JuanPotato, May 1, 2020
Thema:

How do I keep my laptop from disconnecting from WiFi when asleep?

1. How do I keep my laptop from disconnecting from WiFi when asleep? - Similar Threads - keep laptop disconnecting

2. Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi: I have a new Laptop that have Wifi 6 adapter and disconnects from the wifi every 5-10 mins. Any resolutions ypu can provide? I already updated the wifi driver, uninstalled and reinstalled network adapter, Done Network reset, reboot and reset the router....
  3. Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi: I have a new Laptop that have Wifi 6 adapter and disconnects from the wifi every 5-10 mins. Any resolutions ypu can provide? I already updated the wifi driver, uninstalled and reinstalled network adapter, Done Network reset, reboot and reset the router....
  4. My laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi frequently

My laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi frequently: Hi, My lap keeps disconnecting from wifi frequently and below are logs from wlan report 40422023-06-13T18:25:37[‒]Capability change on {adb87727-8b4e-4fb7-b044-1177b541f4c5} 0x47008000000000 Family: V4 Capability: None ChangeReason:...
  5. My laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi frequently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi frequently: Hi, My lap keeps disconnecting from wifi frequently and below are logs from wlan report 40422023-06-13T18:25:37[‒]Capability change on {adb87727-8b4e-4fb7-b044-1177b541f4c5} 0x47008000000000 Family: V4 Capability: None ChangeReason:...
  6. My laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. My laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi: My laptop windows 11 keeps randomly disconnecting from WiFi and then I have to manually reconnect to it once again by turning it off and on in my laptop. Not sure how to solve this issue. I thought it could be a computer virus so I scanned my laptop with two different...
  8. My laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi

My laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi: My laptop windows 11 keeps randomly disconnecting from WiFi and then I have to manually reconnect to it once again by turning it off and on in my laptop. Not sure how to solve this issue. I thought it could be a computer virus so I scanned my laptop with two different...
  9. Laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi: Yeah, self explanatory issue.My laptop will randomly disconnect from the Internet and remain disconnected for a few minutes at a time before reconnecting. During this time I can't manually reconnect it just tells me "Unable to connect", and sometimes my network list even...
  10. how do I fix this? My laptop keeps on disconnecting from the wifi, and I have to either...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do I fix this? My laptop keeps on disconnecting from the wifi, and I have to either...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/uxzane6225 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dw8f8m/how_do_i_fix_this_my_laptop_keeps_on/