Windows 10: How do I keep my PC clean?

Discus and support How do I keep my PC clean? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just reinstalled Windows 10 and I am as old as dirt. So, I really would not like to have to do that again until I am 80 years old. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by keystonerose, Apr 19, 2020.

1. How do I keep my PC clean?

I just reinstalled Windows 10 and I am as old as dirt. So, I really would not like to have to do that again until I am 80 years old.

How can I keep my PC clean without damaging it? I use disc cleanup, which is fine, but is that enough? I had been using CCleaner, but my computer crashed twice with the updated version. I mean TWICE!! that I had to reinstall Windows 10 on this PC in three days because of the CCleaner Pro. My old Dell computer just didn't like it!!

I had been using the free CCleaner, but I got nervous about that because OneDrive just didn't want to deal with it.

So, do I have options?

Thanks. PBerne

:)

keystonerose, Apr 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Toothless Win User
    Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Apr 19, 2020
  4. How do I keep my PC clean?

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

How do I keep my PC clean?

1. How do I keep my PC clean? - Similar Threads - keep clean

2. Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.: A few days ago, my laptop updated, but then failed to load windows. It cycled twice with a message saying failed to and windows was collecting some details. The third time it took me to a recovery menu. None of the the repair or rollback options worked. In order to use a...
  3. Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.: A few days ago, my laptop updated, but then failed to load windows. It cycled twice with a message saying failed to and windows was collecting some details. The third time it took me to a recovery menu. None of the the repair or rollback options worked. In order to use a...
  4. Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I did a clean install on windows and clicked the "keep my files" option and all my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I did a clean install on windows and clicked the "keep my files" option and all my...: PLS HELP**moving to Windows category due to data recovery after clean install****moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Games issues**...
  6. Would I get to keep my copy of office 2019 which came with my laptop upon clean...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would I get to keep my copy of office 2019 which came with my laptop upon clean...: Hey!I was willing to do a clean installation of windows 11 on my laptop which, I purchased in 2021 it came with a copy of student office 2019.My concern is that if I do a clean installation of windows 11 on my laptop would it be possible to download and still activate it...
  7. Would I get to keep my copy of office 2019 which came with my laptop upon clean...

Would I get to keep my copy of office 2019 which came with my laptop upon clean...: Hey!I was willing to do a clean installation of windows 11 on my laptop which, I purchased in 2021 it came with a copy of student office 2019.My concern is that if I do a clean installation of windows 11 on my laptop would it be possible to download and still activate it...
  8. Windows keep restarting after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keep restarting after clean install: my laptop keeps restarting even after clean install windows on drive c plus 2 programs antivirus bit defender Internet Security and StarCraft 2my laptop is a MSI GT75VR7RE TITAN with the following specs :Video card is Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 Device name DESKTOP-J1NEHGM...
  9. Windows keep restarting after clean install

Windows keep restarting after clean install: my laptop keeps restarting even after clean install windows on drive c plus 2 programs antivirus bit defender Internet Security and StarCraft 2my laptop is a MSI GT75VR7RE TITAN with the following specs :Video card is Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 Device name DESKTOP-J1NEHGM...
  10. Windows keep restarting after clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging