Windows 10: How do i keep power on when lid is closed in windows 11

Discus and support How do i keep power on when lid is closed in windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How can I keep my laptop powered up when I close the lid in windows 11?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DaveCreasy, Dec 5, 2021.

1. How do i keep power on when lid is closed in windows 11

How can I keep my laptop powered up when I close the lid in windows 11?

:)

DaveCreasy, Dec 5, 2021
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Waking and Powering on laptop with lid close

Hi,

Closing the lid can result in your Windows shutting down, sleeping or hibernating. You can control the behavior and decide what you want to do, once you close the lid. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you follow these steps on how
    to configure the power option of your device if you want to keep your laptop running even with the lid closed:

• In the Search box, type powercfg.cpl and press
      Enter. This will open the Power Options applet of the Control Panel.
    • Now, in the Power Options window, click Choose what closing the lid
      does link from the left pane.

How do i keep power on when lid is closed in windows 11 23d6d67b-a3ef-4444-a076-00bf166b3471?upload=true.png

• Choose what you want your laptop to do, when it’s running on battery and when it’s plugged in. For instance, under Power button and lid settings section you can find ‘When I Close the Lid’ option. Adjacent to it you can find options to help you define
      power button or lid settings. Once you've selected your options, click Save
      changes button.

How do i keep power on when lid is closed in windows 11 3307afeb-cf65-4fdb-ab36-80e0cc60478e?upload=true.png

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

If you think this was useful, you may "Mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Sher Amo, Dec 5, 2021
  3. Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

Hi Shari,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select on Control Panel.

• Click on Power Options. On the left, click on "Choose what closing the lid does". Click on the drop down menu for "When I close the lid" and choose "Sleep" or "Hibernate.

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 5, 2021
  4. How do i keep power on when lid is closed in windows 11

Closing Laptop Lid Powers On Computer

I ran the power troubleshooter and it adjusted the dims setting, changed power plans, and adjusted the screen brightness. I did a clean boot and reset the power plans to default but the problem remains.

When I shut down and leave the lid open, it shuts down and powers back on. If I shut down and close the lid, it stays off. Then to power on, I have to open and close the lid.

Edit: Closing the lid powers off and opening the lid powers on. It also reboots after shutdown if lid is left open.

BlakeCamden, Dec 5, 2021
Thema:

How do i keep power on when lid is closed in windows 11

1. How do i keep power on when lid is closed in windows 11 - Similar Threads - keep power lid

2. Keep external monitor as default when closing the lid in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep external monitor as default when closing the lid in Windows 11.: I have my display settings set to "Show only on 2" for my monitor, so that the laptop screen is off, but my external monitor is on. I also have my power settings configured as "Do nothing" for the "When closing the lid" option, but despite this whenever I close the lid my...
  3. Keep external monitor as default when closing the lid in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep external monitor as default when closing the lid in Windows 11.: I have my display settings set to "Show only on 2" for my monitor, so that the laptop screen is off, but my external monitor is on. I also have my power settings configured as "Do nothing" for the "When closing the lid" option, but despite this whenever I close the lid my...
  4. how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?

how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?: I want to make it so that when I close the lid of my laptop the screen doesn't close. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-the-screen-not-close-when-the-lid-is/bc3052d9-2c52-4480-b556-9a790e5ad210
  5. How do i keep power on when lid is closed in windows 11

How do i keep power on when lid is closed in windows 11: How can I keep my laptop powered up when I close the lid in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-keep-power-on-when-lid-is-closed-in/943df218-26b0-4ea3-a464-22c2e05e91bf
  6. How to keep a game running when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to keep a game running when the lid is closed?: I have seen another thread that tells me to go to the power options and select 'Do Nothing'. It works, but it pauses the game which was running. Is there any way to keep the game running?...
  7. How to power up a laptop with the lid closed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to power up a laptop with the lid closed?: I have an external monitor setup with my win10 laptop and everything works fine and I want to press the laptop power button to power up and start windows with the laptop lid always closed. How do I do this? submitted by /u/cryptotentnew [link] [comments]...
  8. When lid closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    When lid closed: Hey Microsoft Community! I want to "Do nothing" when my laptop lid is closed. I was able to set this in Control Panel. I don't want to drain my battery, though, so I want it to hibernate about 5 minutes after there is not activity. Thank you!...
  9. Laptop Keeps Restarting When Closing the Lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Keeps Restarting When Closing the Lid: Hello, Sometimes when I close my laptop lid and leave the PC for sometime 3 hours plus I come back to my machine to find that it has reset itself. As a result of this all of my programmes and files that I had open when I left the device have been closed. I have spent hour...
  10. Do nothing when the lid is closed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do nothing when the lid is closed: I have an laptop with a tv as an monitor. My question is, Can i perform an feature update, with the power option do nothing when the lid is closed? Or do i have to keep the lid open all the time...