Windows 10: How do I keep programs from re-organizing my desktop icons?

Discus and support How do I keep programs from re-organizing my desktop icons? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I keep programs from re-organizing my desktop icons?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrankSnyder1, Jun 16, 2019.

1. How do I keep programs from re-organizing my desktop icons?

How do I keep programs from re-organizing my desktop icons?

:)

FrankSnyder1, Jun 16, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 16, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

4. How do I keep programs from re-organizing my desktop icons?

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

How do I keep programs from re-organizing my desktop icons?

1. How do I keep programs from re-organizing my desktop icons? - Similar Threads - keep programs organizing

2. how to organize desktop icons windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to organize desktop icons windows 10: I need to know how to get the icons on my desktop to be organized like they have been in the past - all on the left side of the screen - now they are spread out over the entire screen???...
  3. how to organize desktop icons windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to organize desktop icons windows 10: I need to know how to get the icons on my desktop to be organized like they have been in the past - all on the left side of the screen - now they are spread out over the entire screen???...
  4. how to organize desktop icons windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I stop uninstalled program icons from popping up on my desktop randomly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop uninstalled program icons from popping up on my desktop randomly?: Uninstalled program icons keep randomly popping up on my desktop when I install a new program or delete one. I'm on Windows 11 version 22H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-uninstalled-program-icons-from/a91b381c-7c34-4a6c-a153-2e883b9c103d
  6. How do I stop uninstalled program icons from popping up on my desktop randomly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop uninstalled program icons from popping up on my desktop randomly?: Uninstalled program icons keep randomly popping up on my desktop when I install a new program or delete one. I'm on Windows 11 version 22H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-uninstalled-program-icons-from/a91b381c-7c34-4a6c-a153-2e883b9c103d
  7. Desktop icons keep re-arranging

Desktop icons keep re-arranging: Why do my desktop icons get rearranged each time a start up or even when I click on one of the icons and then come back to the desktop? This is very annoying. [Original Title: Desktop icons]...
  8. Desktop Icons keeps re-appearing after I deleted it.

Desktop Icons keeps re-appearing after I deleted it.: Not sure why but some said it has to do with a roaming profile. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keeps-re-appearing-after-i-deleted/fa30aeed-83b7-49f0-8a2b-18e340537825
  9. W10 program icons disappear from desktop on re-boot

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 program icons disappear from desktop on re-boot: Hi, W10 program icons disappear from dsktop on re-boot. See images below Yellow outlined Icons disappear next time I reboot laptop. My W10 ver is 1903 bld: 18362.592 I delete the yellow outlined icons but they disappear from dsktop we Laptop is rebooted. [img] [img]...
  10. Desktop icons keep re-aranging themselves. How to stop it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons keep re-aranging themselves. How to stop it?: For some reason, every time I change users, the desktop icons re-arrange themselves. I Switch Users often. This hasn't happened in 20 years, but Win10 has decided to do this. Can anyone please let me know how to stop this I cannot find any way to do this....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i keep my desktop from reorganizing