Windows 10: How do I keep the OneDrive folder on the navigation pane to be collapsed by default?

Discus and support How do I keep the OneDrive folder on the navigation pane to be collapsed by default? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Unlike Dropbox, for example, my OneDrive folder is always open in the navigation pane in Win 10, showing all its sub-folders. How do I keep it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DeeTee972, Aug 12, 2020.

1. DeeTee972 Win User

How do I keep the OneDrive folder on the navigation pane to be collapsed by default?

Unlike Dropbox, for example, my OneDrive folder is always open in the navigation pane in Win 10, showing all its sub-folders. How do I keep it collapsed when I open explorer? The options in View>Navigation Pane don't work. Or if I select "Collapse" on right click, it won't save that as a default.

:)

DeeTee972, Aug 12, 2020

2. Navigation Pane - Move This PC Above OneDrive & Collapsed By Default

I have a lot of folders in my OneDrive and it's expanded by default in my navigation pane, meaning that I always have to scroll down a fair amount to get to 'This PC' which is what I usually want to access when opening the explorer. Is there anyway to either move This PC above OneDrive, or prevent OneDrive from expanding by default? Thanks

crimsonnight, Aug 12, 2020
  3. OneDrive missing from Windows Explorer navigation pane

When I first cleaned installed Windows 10 v1809 on my machine I applied a Group Policy setting for OneDrive to Prevent the Usage of OneDrive for File Storage to ENABLED. Of course, that would remove the OneDrive from the left side navigation pane within Windows File Explorer. But now, I set the Group Policy back to NOT CONFIGURED, rebooted the machine and the OneDrive is still missing from the the left side of the Windows File Explorer navigation pane as shown in my image. I even performed the command GPUPDATE /FORCE.

My laptop is a standalone, not part of a Domain.

I tried all the things listed from the article below but with no luck. I also was able to sign in with my OneDrive account and that was all fine and OneDrive appeared on the File Explorer pane. But once I UNLINKED my account from OneDrive, the OneDrive was still missing.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...8-b74545c7f4da

Even if no Group Policies are set, and even NOT signing into OneDrive, by default, the OneDrive icon should still appear on the left side navigation pane when launching Windows File Explorer.

And suggestions?

My guess is to recreate my user profile, but I don't really want to do that now.

win10freak, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

How do I keep the OneDrive folder on the navigation pane to be collapsed by default?

Open / Save as dialog boxes - choose whether to expand or collapse as default

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you would like to have a collapsed view of the items on the navigation pane of the File Explorer while saving a file. To do this, I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and see if it works.

• Open File Explorer
      and click on the View tab.
    • Click on the drop down next to
      Navigation Pane and uncheck Show all folders.
    • Exit File Explorer
      and try saving a file now.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I keep the OneDrive folder on the navigation pane to be collapsed by default? - Similar Threads - keep OneDrive folder

2. How to set "This PC" in the navigation pane to default to collapsed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set "This PC" in the navigation pane to default to collapsed?: I'm really annoyed at This PC in the navigation pane starting out expanded showing drives and the same folders that are already in my quick access. So I'd like it to just start off completely collapsed, and preferably also keep it collapsed even as I move through the...
  3. How to set "This PC" in the navigation pane to default to collapsed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set "This PC" in the navigation pane to default to collapsed?: I'm really annoyed at This PC in the navigation pane starting out expanded showing drives and the same folders that are already in my quick access. So I'd like it to just start off completely collapsed, and preferably also keep it collapsed even as I move through the...
  4. Navigation Pane Folder Expand/ Collapse Context Menu Location?

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane Folder Expand/ Collapse Context Menu Location?: If I right click any expandable folder in the navigation pane then Expand appears at the top of the context menu or else Collapse appears if the folder is already expanded. The issue: Both context menu entries for Expand/ Collapse show the wrong icon. I'm not even sure if...
  5. Navigation Pane - Move This PC Above OneDrive & Collapsed By Default

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane - Move This PC Above OneDrive & Collapsed By Default: I have a lot of folders in my OneDrive and it's expanded by default in my navigation pane, meaning that I always have to scroll down a fair amount to get to 'This PC' which is what I usually want to access when opening the explorer. Is there anyway to either move This PC...
  6. Making folders collapsed by default?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Making folders collapsed by default?: I want to make it possible that the items on the left pane that are inthe folders "This PC", "Quick Access," Onedrive, etc. can be collapsed by defaultwhile saving a file. Now they are expanded by default...
  7. Navigation pane keeps expanding folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Navigation pane keeps expanding folders: I have noticed that lately, the navigation pane has been expanding folders when opening them. That option is disabled in folder view settings. https://i.imgur.com/FcNSf9i.png https://i.imgur.com/Ext1HJd.png Noticed it on two separate computers. Its really annoying, any...
  8. Folder Pane collapsing in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Pane collapsing in Windows Mail: Hi, I have transferred all my emails from windows live to Microsoft Mail and now have to sort into folders. The Folder Pane keeps collapsing which makes it longer to move emails over. Question: is there a way of stopping the folder pane from collapsing so that it is...
  9. OneDrive Folder Gone From Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Folder Gone From Navigation Pane: My OneDrive folder has disappeared from the navigation pane in windows explorer. I got win 10 Home, 64 bit. What can I do about this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-folder-gone-from-navigation-pane/f6a7f264-2d9c-47d7-a801-8f5988fd78cc"
  10. in Windows Explorer navigation pane, set default to collapse folders

in Windows 10 Support
    in Windows Explorer navigation pane, set default to collapse folders: it is really annoying to have to scroll way up in navigation pane to top (quick access items). I wish we could set some or all the items that are expanded to be collapsed when opening an explorer window. 26298