Windows 10: How do I keep the windows in the same spot and size on the screen after sleep mode?

Discus and support How do I keep the windows in the same spot and size on the screen after sleep mode? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I keep the windows in the same spot and size on the screen after sleep mode? * Original title: windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnnetteOrlando, Jun 5, 2019.

1. How do I keep the windows in the same spot and size on the screen after sleep mode?

How do I keep the windows in the same spot and size on the screen after sleep mode?

* Original title: windows

:)

AnnetteOrlando, Jun 5, 2019

2. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 5, 2019
  4. How do I keep the windows in the same spot and size on the screen after sleep mode?

Getting to sign on screen from sleep mode

Hi Kirk,

For us to isolate your concern, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• What were you doing on your device before performing sleep mode?
    • Can you verify if you're just only seeing a blank screen after putting your PC in sleep mode?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • Can you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've performed?

Looking forward to your response.

Ronalene Mat, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

How do I keep the windows in the same spot and size on the screen after sleep mode?

1. How do I keep the windows in the same spot and size on the screen after sleep mode? - Similar Threads - keep same spot

2. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after sleep mode: When I open my computer after being idle and seemingly go into sleep mode, I can't wake it up and it stays in a black screen. So, I end up having to do a hard restart. I have tried pressing CRTL ALT DEL. Any ideas?...
  3. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after sleep mode: When I open my computer after being idle and seemingly go into sleep mode, I can't wake it up and it stays in a black screen. So, I end up having to do a hard restart. I have tried pressing CRTL ALT DEL. Any ideas?...
  4. Screen flicker after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flicker after sleep mode: When my laptop goes into sleep mode and I go back to move around the cursor the screen starts flashing on and off. The work around that I'm using right now is just turning it off but the problem it's self hasn't fixedI have a HP laptop that is on windows 11.The problem...
  5. Screen flicker after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flicker after sleep mode: When my laptop goes into sleep mode and I go back to move around the cursor the screen starts flashing on and off. The work around that I'm using right now is just turning it off but the problem it's self hasn't fixedI have a HP laptop that is on windows 11.The problem...
  6. Black Screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen after sleep mode: Hi, I need help course my screen stays black after boot but I hear a beep, if I plug in my power supply. I set my pc in screen of mode and sleep. After 15 min I came back and could do anything with it, so I rebooted it. After the reboot it stays at a black screen but I can...
  7. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after sleep mode: Hello. I updated windows last Saturday 19th September 2020 and after leaving it in sleep mode it doesn't work anymore. The computer is running, but the screen is black. I have already tried to press ctrl+shift+windows+B, but it doesn't work. When I force it to shut down by...
  8. How can I keep the same size screen for downloads after I logout?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I keep the same size screen for downloads after I logout?: When I log back in the screen is reduced to a very small size and have to enlarge it every time I log back in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-keep-the-same-size-screen-for-downloads/08ae96e0-5122-4e77-9f30-24c3bf00e48a"
  9. How do I extend sleep mode - it moves into sleep mode too quickly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I extend sleep mode - it moves into sleep mode too quickly: How do I extend sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-sleep-mode-it-moves-into-sleep/af033ba5-f7ce-4728-ae6d-4d7d2d76d785
  10. Screen Size After Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Size After Sleep: When my computer goes to sleep and then I wake it up, the screen size is bigger than the monitor. So, I can't see my taskbar at the bottom, some of the icons are off the screen, and my start menu is barely on the screen. I can't just simply hit ESC. I have to Restart the...