Windows 10: How do I keep Win 10 from scattering my desktop shortcuts....

Discus and support How do I keep Win 10 from scattering my desktop shortcuts.... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; every time I turn the computer off? I like my shortcuts arranged around the periphery of the screen. When I boot up in the morning they are shifted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DWFII, Oct 8, 2019.

1. DWFII Win User

How do I keep Win 10 from scattering my desktop shortcuts....

every time I turn the computer off?

I like my shortcuts arranged around the periphery of the screen. When I boot up in the morning they are shifted and out of order. checking 'auto-arrange' only shifts them all into vertical rows in the left side of the screen.

:)

DWFII, Oct 8, 2019

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I didn't see on your list using Win-X to bring up the basic setup of system tools like the original control panel, easy access to device manager, etc. not technically a list of commands, but at least a shortcut *Smile How do I keep Win 10 from scattering my desktop shortcuts.... :)

Ahhzz, Oct 8, 2019
  4. How do I keep Win 10 from scattering my desktop shortcuts....

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

How do I keep Win 10 from scattering my desktop shortcuts....

1. How do I keep Win 10 from scattering my desktop shortcuts.... - Similar Threads - keep scattering desktop

2. How do i delete a shortcut from desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i delete a shortcut from desktop?: I'm unable to delete a shortcut from Firefox and a website I was browsing. I've selected it and hit the "delete" key and right clicked to delete it. I tried moving it to Recycle Bin. I have started Windows in safe mode and tried to delete it and it still won't work. The...
  3. How do i delete a shortcut from desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i delete a shortcut from desktop?: I'm unable to delete a shortcut from Firefox and a website I was browsing. I've selected it and hit the "delete" key and right clicked to delete it. I tried moving it to Recycle Bin. I have started Windows in safe mode and tried to delete it and it still won't work. The...
  4. How do i delete a shortcut from desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I change my switch desktops shortcut from win ctrl left to anything i want?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my switch desktops shortcut from win ctrl left to anything i want?: How do I change my switch desktops shortcut from win ctrl left to anything i want? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-switch-desktops-shortcut-from/9218c0ad-96f9-418c-82c6-5dfbfeade491
  6. How do I change my switch desktops shortcut from win ctrl left to anything i want?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my switch desktops shortcut from win ctrl left to anything i want?: How do I change my switch desktops shortcut from win ctrl left to anything i want? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-switch-desktops-shortcut-from/9218c0ad-96f9-418c-82c6-5dfbfeade491
  7. How do I change my switch desktops shortcut from win ctrl left to anything i want?

8. How do I recover missing shortcuts on my desktop?

How do I recover missing shortcuts on my desktop?: How do I recover missing shortcuts on my desktop? I am using Windows 10. * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: shortcut on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-missing-shortcuts-on-my-desktop/f2c17288-86b7-4f84-93ee-4e1790557c68
  9. How do I copy my Favorites from Win 10 Surface to Win 10 Desktop

in Browsers and Email
    How do I copy my Favorites from Win 10 Surface to Win 10 Desktop: My desktop lost boot record and I had to install fresh. I want to copy my favorites from my Surface to my desktop . How do I do that. Thanks 80608
  10. How do I remove desktop folder shortcut from desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I remove desktop folder shortcut from desktop?: Hi, I know the title might sound a bit confusing, but basically I accidently dragged out the desktop shortcut from the quick access bar to my desktop and it now created a folder saying Desktop (similar to say, going to the control panel>personalisation>change desktop icons...