Windows 10: how do i keep windows 10 from rearranging my icons after restart?

Discus and support how do i keep windows 10 from rearranging my icons after restart? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do i keep windows 10 from rearranging my icons after restart?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Henry Font, May 31, 2019.

1. how do i keep windows 10 from rearranging my icons after restart?

How do i keep windows 10 from rearranging my icons after restart?

:)

Henry Font, May 31, 2019

2. Icons rearrangement

Hi Amin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please try below steps and check if it helps to stop rearranging desktop icon automatically.

• Right click on desktop, click on View.
    • Uncheck Auto arrange icons.

For issue related Start menu check if it has set for full screen try to Off it.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Click on Start, turn Off Use Start full screen.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, May 31, 2019
  3. Icons rearranging by themselves Windows 10

Hi Jeanne,

There may be few reasons why the icons rearranges themselves in your Windows 10 PC. To address this issue, you may refer to the helpful post of BossDweeb by clicking this link:

stop Wi10 from rearranging desktop icons.
    This link shows you brief information about why you are having this concern as well as the troubleshooting suggestions.

Post here the result for us to assist you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 31, 2019
  4. how do i keep windows 10 from rearranging my icons after restart?

Desktop icons rearrange at random

Hi,

In order for us to find out what causes your screen to go blank and rearrange the desktop icons, we would like to gather more information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • When did you start experiencing this issue?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, May 31, 2019
Thema:

how do i keep windows 10 from rearranging my icons after restart?

1. how do i keep windows 10 from rearranging my icons after restart? - Similar Threads - keep rearranging icons

2. How do I stop Windows 1 from rearranging my desktop icons whenever restarting my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Windows 1 from rearranging my desktop icons whenever restarting my PC?: Hi, For the last week, whenever I turn on my PC, several of my desktop icons have been rearranged.I've noticed that it seems to only be happening with my newer icons, the older ones stay were they should be.I have tried;disabling auto arrange iconsdisabling allowing themes to...
  3. How do I stop Windows 1 from rearranging my desktop icons whenever restarting my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Windows 1 from rearranging my desktop icons whenever restarting my PC?: Hi, For the last week, whenever I turn on my PC, several of my desktop icons have been rearranged.I've noticed that it seems to only be happening with my newer icons, the older ones stay were they should be.I have tried;disabling auto arrange iconsdisabling allowing themes to...
  4. Why do my desktop Icons keep rearranging?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my desktop Icons keep rearranging?: With the most recent Windows 10 update, every time I log in to my laptop, all of my desktop icons get moved to a certain place. I have a dual monitor setup. I have two different jobs and have desktop icons setup to separate each job; each job's icons are separated by each...
  5. Why do my desktop Icons keep rearranging?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do my desktop Icons keep rearranging?: With the most recent Windows 10 update, every time I log in to my laptop, all of my desktop icons get moved to a certain place. I have a dual monitor setup. I have two different jobs and have desktop icons setup to separate each job; each job's icons are separated by each...
  6. Why do my desktop Icons keep rearranging?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. desktop icons rearranged after simple restart

desktop icons rearranged after simple restart: Each time I restart my desktop computer the desktop icons are rearranged.I had them organized exactly as I wanted them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-rearranged-after-simple-restart/dbb15aea-ab9b-4add-b87d-a2f2d8e68459
  8. Windows 10 Desktop icons rearrange after reboot/restart

Windows 10 Desktop icons rearrange after reboot/restart: Good morning, For the past 3 months this issue suddenly appeared every single time i restart my windows. What i've tried: - Rightclick desktop > View > Auto arrange icons on/off - Settings > Themes > Desktop icon settings > Allow themes to change desktop icons...
  9. Windows 10 Keeps Rearranging Icons After Reboot SOLUTION!!!

Windows 10 Keeps Rearranging Icons After Reboot SOLUTION!!!: I looked at like 5 threads on here that were all locked so this is one solution that worked for me! I tried to delete icon cache, updated Windows and Graphics Card. Changed so themes cannot change icons, and of course unchecked auto arrange and align to grid. With align...
  10. Windows 10 Keeps Rearranging my desktop Icons

Windows 10 Keeps Rearranging my desktop Icons: Why does Windows 10 (64 bit Home, Pre Installed), Very Recently, keep Rearranging my Desktop Icons ?, Even Though, I have Now been informed to turn my desktop “Auto Arrange” Off, And When I do, On reboot, it turns it Back On! Is this Down to a recent Windows Update? As I Have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why my desktop file rearranged after restart

2. shortcuts rearranged on restart w10

3. windows 10 icons rearrang after reboot