Windows 10: How do I keep Windows 10 from waking my PC from sleep? (LAN)

Discus and support How do I keep Windows 10 from waking my PC from sleep? (LAN) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Put my computer to sleep tonight and noticed after about 10 seconds it popped back onto my login screen. Ran powercfg -lastwake and found it was my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wooohah, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Wooohah Win User

How do I keep Windows 10 from waking my PC from sleep? (LAN)

Put my computer to sleep tonight and noticed after about 10 seconds it popped back onto my login screen.

Ran powercfg -lastwake and found it was my ethernet adapters.

Now online the tutorials are all showing different buttons than what I have... For what i'm seeing online, there's a simple checkbox for letting the Lan adapter wake your PC or not, I've got... more.

So, do I uncheck all of them to make sure the lan adapter cannot wake my PC from sleep?

Thanks!
    How do I keep Windows 10 from waking my PC from sleep? (LAN) [​IMG]

:)

Wooohah, Feb 17, 2017

2. Windows keeps waking up with the Realtek GBE Family Controller only allow magic packet... ticked

Just to be safe, the alternative for what exactly? I have read the article and it seems to describe how to configure a PC in order to wake up. That's not my issue.

There is some clarification: I want my PC to wake up
    from a magic packet only
    , not from any event. According to the win log, the ethernet controller keeps waking up my PC randomly, while is set up to act differently.

Рустам Хамдамов, Feb 17, 2017
  3. Abish5397 Win User
    Windows 10 PC waking itself

My windows 10 pc is waking itself up in the middle of the night. It's not due to wake-on-lan, and wake timers are disabled in power options. Event viewer shows the wake source as "Unknown". What's causing it and how do I turn it off?

Abish5397, Feb 17, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Woohah, *Smile

Unchecking the "Wake on" options should stop that network adapter from waking the PC.

Brink, Feb 17, 2017
  5. AddRAM Win User
    Maybe it`s because you installed the Asus Network software and driver from the motherboard CD ? If you just let windows update do it, or just grab the Intel drivers off the net and install them, it will look like this.

I had a real hard time with the Intel network software/driver on the Asus motherboard cd, it kept ruining a fresh Windows 10 install and I would have to reinstall, I have no idea why.

AddRAM, Feb 18, 2017
  6. AddRAM Win User
    But I just got the latest NIC software from Asus and now it looks just like yours and works fine.

Strange the interface looks slightly different as the driver and dates are the same, Asus must add something as their dates and version numbers are different on their site.

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I keep Windows 10 from waking my PC from sleep? (LAN) - Similar Threads - keep waking sleep

2. PC keeps waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps waking from sleep: Hi all Not sure what is causing this? or how to fix it?C:\Windows\System32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43F7&SUBSYS_11421B21&REV_01\6&2766d23f&0&00600011 Friendly...
  3. PC keeps waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps waking from sleep: Hi all Not sure what is causing this? or how to fix it?C:\Windows\System32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43F7&SUBSYS_11421B21&REV_01\6&2766d23f&0&00600011 Friendly...
  4. Keyboard keeps waking PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keeps waking PC from sleep: HiI just downloaded latest Windows 11 Pro, installed, activated and updated it on PC.To make sure nothing is going to wake up the computer from sleep I opened Device Manager and unchecked "Allow this device to wake the computer" for:-Keyboards-Mouse-Ethernet ConnectionAfter...
  5. Keyboard keeps waking PC from sleep

Keyboard keeps waking PC from sleep: HiI just downloaded latest Windows 11 Pro, installed, activated and updated it on PC.To make sure nothing is going to wake up the computer from sleep I opened Device Manager and unchecked "Allow this device to wake the computer" for:-Keyboards-Mouse-Ethernet ConnectionAfter...
  6. System not waking from Sleep if connected to LAN

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System not waking from Sleep if connected to LAN: I am facing below issue continuously. System not waking from sleep If it was connected to LAN when I put the system in to sleep.Once the system went to sleep I can see the lights on power button blinking for few seconds and then it got turned off.After this if I press the...
  7. System not waking from Sleep if connected to LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System not waking from Sleep if connected to LAN: I am facing below issue continuously. System not waking from sleep If it was connected to LAN when I put the system in to sleep.Once the system went to sleep I can see the lights on power button blinking for few seconds and then it got turned off.After this if I press the...
  8. System not waking from Sleep if connected to LAN

9. My PC keeps waking up from sleep every time I wake my laptop from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC keeps waking up from sleep every time I wake my laptop from sleep.: The subject is pretty self-explaining I guess. I run the same Windows 10 updates and everything is identical and up to date all the time. I'm not sure if someone is having the same issue or maybe other people just turn their PC off when they're not using it but I'm more a...
  10. WINDOWS 10 PC KEEPS WAKING FROM SLEEP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS 10 PC KEEPS WAKING FROM SLEEP: PC continually wakes from sleep in Windows 10. powercfg /lastwake identified Intel(R)USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller-1.0 (Microsoft) Intel no longer supports host controller. Intel Driver Assistant, scanned and advised no updates for device. How do I stop this...