Windows 10: How do I keep Windows 10 from waking my PC from sleep? (LAN)

Discus and support How do I keep Windows 10 from waking my PC from sleep? (LAN) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Put my computer to sleep tonight and noticed after about 10 seconds it popped back onto my login screen. Ran powercfg -lastwake and found it was my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wooohah, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Wooohah Win User

How do I keep Windows 10 from waking my PC from sleep? (LAN)

Put my computer to sleep tonight and noticed after about 10 seconds it popped back onto my login screen.

Ran powercfg -lastwake and found it was my ethernet adapters.

Now online the tutorials are all showing different buttons than what I have... For what i'm seeing online, there's a simple checkbox for letting the Lan adapter wake your PC or not, I've got... more.

So, do I uncheck all of them to make sure the lan adapter cannot wake my PC from sleep?

Thanks!
    How do I keep Windows 10 from waking my PC from sleep? (LAN) [​IMG]

:)

Wooohah, Feb 17, 2017

2. Windows keeps waking up with the Realtek GBE Family Controller only allow magic packet... ticked

Just to be safe, the alternative for what exactly? I have read the article and it seems to describe how to configure a PC in order to wake up. That's not my issue.

There is some clarification: I want my PC to wake up
    from a magic packet only
    , not from any event. According to the win log, the ethernet controller keeps waking up my PC randomly, while is set up to act differently.

Рустам Хамдамов, Feb 17, 2017
  3. Abish5397 Win User
    Windows 10 PC waking itself

My windows 10 pc is waking itself up in the middle of the night. It's not due to wake-on-lan, and wake timers are disabled in power options. Event viewer shows the wake source as "Unknown". What's causing it and how do I turn it off?

Abish5397, Feb 17, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Woohah, *Smile

Unchecking the "Wake on" options should stop that network adapter from waking the PC.

Brink, Feb 17, 2017
  5. AddRAM Win User
    Maybe it`s because you installed the Asus Network software and driver from the motherboard CD ? If you just let windows update do it, or just grab the Intel drivers off the net and install them, it will look like this.

I had a real hard time with the Intel network software/driver on the Asus motherboard cd, it kept ruining a fresh Windows 10 install and I would have to reinstall, I have no idea why.

AddRAM, Feb 18, 2017
  6. AddRAM Win User
    But I just got the latest NIC software from Asus and now it looks just like yours and works fine.

Strange the interface looks slightly different as the driver and dates are the same, Asus must add something as their dates and version numbers are different on their site.

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I keep Windows 10 from waking my PC from sleep? (LAN) - Similar Threads - keep waking sleep

2. my nas keeps on waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my nas keeps on waking up from sleep: i have a synology ds215j which is in my bedroom. inside it are two 4tb wd red nas drives. the main router is in the living room. i extended a long network wire to my bedroom and i connected another router to that network wire. i connected a short network wire from my router...
  3. Wake on LAN only working from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake on LAN only working from sleep mode: I’ve been searching this for like an hour and can’t get wake on lan to work from shutdown. I had it working for months and then I had to format my hard drive and now it’s only works when my computer is sleeping and not when I shut it down. I’ve done a lot including enabling...
  4. WINDOWS 10 PC KEEPS WAKING FROM SLEEP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS 10 PC KEEPS WAKING FROM SLEEP: PC continually wakes from sleep in Windows 10. powercfg /lastwake identified Intel(R)USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller-1.0 (Microsoft) Intel no longer supports host controller. Intel Driver Assistant, scanned and advised no updates for device. How do I stop this...
  5. How Do I Wake PC from Hybrid-Sleep with Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Wake PC from Hybrid-Sleep with Keyboard?: How do I use my keyboard or mouse to wake my PC from hybrid-sleep? 127400
  6. Waking pc from sleep with the mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Waking pc from sleep with the mouse: Up until yesterday, if my pc was in sleep mode and I wanted to use it, I simply had to click the mouse and it would kick into life. That doesn't happen anymore and I can't seem to get the answer. I thought about doing a system restore but I discovered this morning that the...
  7. Mouse keeps waking up PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse keeps waking up PC from sleep: Hi, I am trying to prevent my mouse from waking up my PC and currently haven't found a solution. Things tried: Wake up feature from the mouse is currently unticked. In the keyboard section there are two HID keyboards. The second one is the mouse, since when I unticked...
  8. PC Won't Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Wake From Sleep: Las two weeks, when I hit any key or mouse, PC will not wake from sleep shows black monitor but its green light is on. Have turn pc off and restart which starts without any problems. I 89834
  9. How do i make Windows wake from Sleep from only my mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i make Windows wake from Sleep from only my mouse: I have set it in my BIOS for the event of waking to be OS controlled, i then went into my keyboard/mouse settings in windows and chose the option for only my mouse, allow to wake using this device, yet it still does nothing 89086
  10. How do I wake up Windows 10 from Sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I wake up Windows 10 from Sleep?: I choose SLEEP and my PC goes to sleep, and there is a light on front of my PC Unit that flashes. But I can't wake Windows 10 up. I tried pressing all buttons on mouse and keyboard, nothing happens *Sad What can I do please? 32641