Windows 10: how do i know i am administrator?

Discus and support how do i know i am administrator? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just want to make sure I don't get hacked again. When it happened, I lost administrator privileges. Where should I check and what should I see there?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by judithphillips1, Dec 4, 2018.

1. how do i know i am administrator?

I just want to make sure I don't get hacked again. When it happened, I lost administrator privileges. Where should I check and what should I see there?

:)

judithphillips1, Dec 4, 2018
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Dec 4, 2018
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

how do i know i am administrator?

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

how do i know i am administrator?

1. how do i know i am administrator? - Similar Threads - administrator

2. Log in as Administrator

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in as Administrator: I am unble to make any changes to my own desktop PC because I keep getting a message to "Log in ad administrator" message. I do not know how this changed or what I can do to fix the situation. When I see my profile, it shows nothing about being an administrator below my...
  3. Deceased husband - change the administrator on his laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deceased husband - change the administrator on his laptop: My husband unexpectedly died in December. I have access to his laptop we were open with our passwords and have only just felt ready to switch his laptop on so I can transfer any photos etc. I want to keep it, always good to have a spare but I don't like seeing his name on...
  4. how do I switch to administrator mode?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I switch to administrator mode?: I need to switch to administrator mode in order to delete Avast! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-to-administrator-mode/64d652f7-7598-4480-a84b-88f83c256a76
  5. As an administrator, I am not being allowed to save new programs in the program files folders

As an administrator, I am not being allowed to save new programs in the program files folders: My profile lists me as an administrator, but Windows 10 will not allow me to save new programs in the Program Files or Program Files x86 folders. What do I need to do to be allowed to place these new programs in these folders as opposed to my personnel folder?...
  6. Changing administrative password and keyboard number keypad activation:

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing administrative password and keyboard number keypad activation:: Suddenly and for no apparent reason, whenever signing on to my Lenova laptop, Windows 10 quit accepting keystrokes from my keyboard. I've had to use "ease of access" function on screen keyboard to sign into my computer. I've changed not one thing, including a password and...
  7. How Do I Run a Program as Administrator All the Time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Run a Program as Administrator All the Time?: I think that I have done a method before. I am not sure. My username in Windows 10 is not Administrator, and there are no shield icons anywhere. And, when I just hit Enter on a highlighted program, it is running in Administrator Mode. For example, when I just hit Enter on a...
  8. Windows 10 Install is corrupted. No permissions to PC. I am administrator of PC, Random...

Windows 10 Install is corrupted. No permissions to PC. I am administrator of PC, Random...: Really need some help here, only pc for work as I am stuck at home COVID. Current Issue: So my PC is for the most part is working, but permissions to my PC are totally broken. It's causing various issues such as: deleting files, settings crashing, random crashes, can't...
  9. Pop up saying "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app. Contact...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pop up saying "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app. Contact...: I am getting this popup: [ATTACH] This is my own personal computer and I do not have an IT helpdesk so who do i ask or how can i change this as its not letting me access my virus and threat settings as i need it to disable protecting me on a certain app....
  10. Windows is suddenly asking all .exe files to be ran as administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is suddenly asking all .exe files to be ran as administrator: I already checked to see if the box "run this program as administrator" is unchecked, and it is. Does anyone know any way to solve this issue? Windows 10 version: 1909 Build:18363.959 submitted by /u/Chocolakawaii [link] [comments]...