Windows 10: How do I know if I can burn a dual layered dvd on my computer

Discus and support How do I know if I can burn a dual layered dvd on my computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I know if I can burn a dual layered dvd on my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PattyWilliams2, Aug 20, 2019.

1. How do I know if I can burn a dual layered dvd on my computer

How do I know if I can burn a dual layered dvd on my computer

:)

PattyWilliams2, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Jane Lla Win User

Burn a recovery dvd for win10 ist possible?

Hello Jack,

After reading through the thread, as suggested by Andre, follow the suggested steps in the forum article attached in his response.

And to answer your query, yes, a dual layer DVD would work just fine.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Regards.

Jane Lla, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Burning DVD Video to DVD-R?

I'll suggest an app DVD Shrink. Use it to create a DVD-Video compliant ISO. Then just use Windows 10 to burn it. So you still only need one app. PLUS It will shrink video larger then 4GB back down so it can still fit on a single layer DVD

As name implies, it also shrinks video larger then 4GB (which would otherwise require a Dual Layer DVD and capable burner) back down to fit on a single DVD
    > Create a parent folder that contains the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders. Point DVD Shrink to the parent folder
    > If larger then 4GB, do "Deep Analysis"
    > It will create an ISO image you can then simply burn with Windows 10

I think it can also burn direct but needs Nero. I just create the ISO then burn it myself

ComputerGeek, Aug 20, 2019
  4. How do I know if I can burn a dual layered dvd on my computer

Burn a dvd

Hi So Dak Sue,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Is your system up to date?

• Do you get the error while you try to attach photo to an email through Email app/browser?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: To burn DVD.

• Insert the DVD which you want to burn before proceeding to below steps.

• Open Start menu, type
      Windows media player in search bar and click on Windows media player from the search bar results. (Click on Recommended settings if you are opening the Windows media player for the first time)

• Click on the Burn tab at top right corner on the Windows media player window.

• Open the files which you want to burn to DVD by browsing the location from the left navigation pane in Windows media player.

• Select the items which you want to burn to DVD, drag and drop the files to the Burn DVD section.

• Now click on the Start burn under the Burn tab.

• One the DVD has burned, you may eject the DVD.

Step 2: Install latest updates.

Install the latest available Windows updates.

• Open the Start menu and type
      Windows update in the search bar.

• Click on Windows update and
      Check for the updates.

• Download and install if there are any pending updates to be installed.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

How do I know if I can burn a dual layered dvd on my computer

1. How do I know if I can burn a dual layered dvd on my computer - Similar Threads - burn dual layered

2. Can dual-layer dvds be burned in 2023???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can dual-layer dvds be burned in 2023???: Or even dual-even dual layer Blu Ray discsMagix movie Edit Pro 2020, Windows 10Yes MEP can create an IMAGE to go to a dl dvd but then that cant be put on a disc. I tried MEP to the disc it creates the files but when goes to the disc it spits it out after a minute into the...
  3. Can dual-layer dvds be burned in 2023???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can dual-layer dvds be burned in 2023???: Or even dual-even dual layer Blu Ray discsMagix movie Edit Pro 2020, Windows 10Yes MEP can create an IMAGE to go to a dl dvd but then that cant be put on a disc. I tried MEP to the disc it creates the files but when goes to the disc it spits it out after a minute into the...
  4. Can dual-layer dvds be burned in 2023???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how do I burn a dvd with Windows 10?

how do I burn a dvd with Windows 10?: I have a short video on my hard drive and want to burn it on a DVD disc. How do I do this? I have Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-burn-a-dvd-with-windows-10/0be2dda0-fc38-4f0c-8e55-9312e7ea98b6
  6. How do I burn a Music Video DVD on my home computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I burn a Music Video DVD on my home computer?: How do I burn a Music Video DVD on my home computer using Windows 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-burn-a-music-video-dvd-on-my-home/15c2bd52-aa83-4d69-90a9-3f13ca496f18
  7. How do I burn a Music Video DVD on my home computer?

How do I burn a Music Video DVD on my home computer?: How do I burn a Music Video DVD on my home computer using Windows 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-burn-a-music-video-dvd-on-my-home/15c2bd52-aa83-4d69-90a9-3f13ca496f18
  8. Can I use Dual Layer DVD for Win10_2004_English_x64.iso?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I use Dual Layer DVD for Win10_2004_English_x64.iso?: Hello ALL: I never had this issue before but now this ISO will no longer fit on a DVD! It now shows it is 5.268 GB and yes I did get it from MS but told CHROME I was using an IPad so it just had MS give me the ISO without needing the Media Creation Tool and logging in. So,...
  9. How do i burn photos to a dvd?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i burn photos to a dvd?: how do I burn photos to a dvd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-burn-photos-to-a-dvd/f58a4ddf-2f51-4b55-9828-fc07d1eceee5"
  10. How do I burn a DVD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I burn a DVD?: Can someone point me in the direction of a tutorial for this? In Windows it was quite straightforward, I do it in Windows Explorer. File Explorer in Win10 though? I'm lost. I've got to the bit where I name the DVD and the window is there showing me the files waiting to...