Windows 10: How do I know if I'm on a secure site with Microsoft Edge?

Discus and support How do I know if I'm on a secure site with Microsoft Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; There's no HTTPS on the web address so how do I tell if it's a secure website? Oh I just tried another website and saw the lock! 39301 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Alicia J, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Alicia J Win User

How do I know if I'm on a secure site with Microsoft Edge?

There's no HTTPS on the web address so how do I tell if it's a secure website?

Oh I just tried another website and saw the lock!

:)

Alicia J, Jan 31, 2016

2. How do I let a site know where I am if I've told my phone to never tell it automatically?

Thanks. Apparently both this site & Facebook uses cookies or something that process got rid of since I had to login to both to access them after I DELETED HISTORY & COOKIES.

How do I know if I'm on a secure site with Microsoft Edge? [​IMG]

http://m.olivegarden.com/home
    Maybe
    this will also fix some of the other messes that have been happening to me when using my phone with IE on m.facebook.com that I've got another Question about.

I also just reread this Question and noticed that I'd actually asked it in reference to this same site but in reference to when I was using my Windows 10 PC and Internet Explorer 11, so I'd better do it on that. Won't I need different instructions on how
    to Delete History on that?

Jeff A. Davis, Jan 31, 2016
  3. How do I let a site know where I am if I've told my phone to never tell it automatically?

I have a Windows 8.1 Nokia Lumia 635. In the past, I must have told it not to remember where I lived which there site uses to pin you to the closest location. Now I'd like to reverse this. Is this stored somewhere in my phone where I can undo it by deleting
    something or how can I fix this thing?

I've searched my entire phone Settings and come up empty with how to do this. I also searched their site and it doesn't give me any option.

Help?

I did just click on this same email on my computer and it popped a line down at the bottom wanting to 'track my location'. But that will be one my computer at home. I wonder if it will do the same from my phone and fix this issue when I view that site on
    my phone?

Here's the site it sent me to. I guess I should possibly block out some of it so that anyone who views this can't mess with my own personal location or anything. But I can't see anything personal in this other than their location that I must have marked
    as my Favorite at some point in the past:

https://m.olivegarden.com/customer-...ectURL=/locations/location-search&notify=true

Jeff A. Davis, Jan 31, 2016
Thema:

How do I know if I'm on a secure site with Microsoft Edge?

1. How do I know if I'm on a secure site with Microsoft Edge? - Similar Threads - I'm secure site

2. Javascript disabled on on sites on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Javascript disabled on on sites on Microsoft Edge: If I open up a new tab and it goes to the default Edge page, it shows at the top javascript is disabled and cookies are turned off red X on both in the address bar. I checked and they are all on. This started happening after an update. Going to Ksat.com shows a blank screen...
  3. How do I unblock a site that Microsoft blocks.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I unblock a site that Microsoft blocks.: Microsoft some times blocks sites that I don't often use, How do I unblock the site from Microsoft and check the address to make sure the site is still safe they always have the lock and not some pilshing address. This happens on a few sites that I don't use regularly but I...
  4. How do I know if I'm on the offical roblox we

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I know if I'm on the offical roblox we: Whenever I try to download it, it says roblox.website.exe. Is this the real one? add me on discord so i can show you proof, John Parrot#7734 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-know-if-im-on-the-offical-roblox-we/92a260ea-0a7f-4b6b-8272-93f418fb8842
  5. how do i know microsoft defender is on

how do i know microsoft defender is on: how do i know when defender is active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-know-microsoft-defender-is-on/6657adca-a580-4d03-b6a4-25ca264690fb
  6. This is a very Nice // Microsoft Edge// edge://site-engagement

in Browsers and Email
    This is a very Nice // Microsoft Edge// edge://site-engagement: This is a very Nice // Microsoft Edge// edge://site-engagement Improving Tracking Prevention in Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Blog *Thumbs - - - Updated - - - See blocked trackers https://youtu.be/vPG4FSJx4qI 145926
  7. I'm getting an error code web site not secure

I'm getting an error code web site not secure: Web site for moogemployeesfcu.com is issuing an error code on my computer "web site is not secure" and will not open. What does this signify and how do I get it to clear. I can't get into my accounts....
  8. How do I know if i'm being hacked?

How do I know if i'm being hacked?: how do I know if i'm being hacked ? what exactly helps to notice that my windows is hacked ? [Original Title: security]...
  9. How do I know that Security Center is working?

How do I know that Security Center is working?: Action Center reports that the Windows Security Center Service is turned off but Services.msc reports that it is running. Is this an indication of a problem or just a bug? I had a possible security breach of my PC a few days ago but I have run the Microsoft Malicious Software...
  10. Microsoft Edge Top Sites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Top Sites: I have a bit of a problem, in the Edge address bar are top sites that you have visited. I need to know how to turn that feature off for privacy reasons. Sure its helpful and saves you typing if you go to that particular website very often but what if you let someone use your...