Windows 10: How do I know the network credentials when accessing another network drive?

Discus and support How do I know the network credentials when accessing another network drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I tried going to Credential manager and there are a lot of things written under Generic Credentials. I don't know which credentials should I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John Lendl Ruben II Perez, Jun 11, 2020.

1. How do I know the network credentials when accessing another network drive?

How do I know the network credentials when accessing another network drive? 961ec852-7d24-4010-8ce2-7401a5deb9b8?upload=true.jpg

I tried going to Credential manager and there are a lot of things written under Generic Credentials. I don't know which credentials should I use. I want to know the username and password.I know I can just turn of password protection but I still want to know how to setup what credentials to use and how to change them in case I need to use the password protection in the future.

Thank you! :

:)

John Lendl Ruben II Perez, Jun 11, 2020

2. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Asking to enter network credentials when access files on network

Hi Steve,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after an update, you get a prompt to enter network credentials to access files over network. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

Ideally, if you have never used credentials to access files over network, you may want to check the network settings and see if Password protected sharing is turned off. To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Go to control panel > Click on
      network and internet >
      Click on network and sharing.
    2. Click on Change advance sharing settings
      on the left pane.
    3. Turn off password protected sharing.
    4. Click on Save changes

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 11, 2020
  4. How do I know the network credentials when accessing another network drive?

network credentials

"Network Credentials" still pops on my other computer Gerardscave and Dadscave will not list Gerardscave in the network. Gerardscave will list Dadscave but cannot access it. They are cat 6 wired through the same router.

GerardKaiser, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

How do I know the network credentials when accessing another network drive?

1. How do I know the network credentials when accessing another network drive? - Similar Threads - network credentials accessing

2. network drive credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network drive credentials: so i'm using a network drive on my network to share files between computers. this was all fine, but then when i try to use it on the other computer, it asks for credentials. i've never seen this before, and i haven't set any credentials, any way i can remove them?...
  3. network drive credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network drive credentials: so i'm using a network drive on my network to share files between computers. this was all fine, but then when i try to use it on the other computer, it asks for credentials. i've never seen this before, and i haven't set any credentials, any way i can remove them?...
  4. network credentials pop up when accessing another device on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network credentials pop up when accessing another device on network: PROBLEM #1: I have one desktop running on Win 7, one laptop running on Win 10, and 1 printer on the same network. I used to be able to access files between both devices without any issue. Recently, when I try to access the desktop from my laptop, a "Enter Windows...
  5. How do I make complete drives accessible in another computer on the network.

How do I make complete drives accessible in another computer on the network.: Simple question. How do I make complete drives not individual files or folders accessible in another computer on the network. Worked on Windows 7. Cannot share files at all on Win10...
  6. How do I know the network credentials when try to open a network device?

How do I know the network credentials when try to open a network device?: [ATTACH] I tried going to Credential manager and there are a lot of things written under Generic Credentials. I don't know which credentials should I use. I want to know the username and password.I know I can just turn of password protection but I still want to know how to...
  7. how clear/reset network credentials on a network computer for another network drive computer?

how clear/reset network credentials on a network computer for another network drive computer?: I am using WIN10. network hard computer NHD1 sees in the networks network hard computer NHD2 but upon the initial network computer credential log in I typed the wrong password and had checked to auto log. So I get the error can't access NHD 2. I know the NHD 2 is properly...
  8. Asking to enter network credentials when access files on network

Asking to enter network credentials when access files on network: Hi, I did the update on our two PCs this morning. The first PCmain hold our data and the second PCcad accesses that data across the network. I can not get to Main from Cad any longer. It asks for a Network Login which I am unsure of. I can ping both ways between the PCs. Is...
  9. Asking for Network Credentials when trying to access computer on the network

Asking for Network Credentials when trying to access computer on the network: I know have all of my computers on Windows 10. When I had only one on Windows 10 I could share all of the computers and their files including the Windows 10 one. Now I can only share printers. I can see all of the computer under Network but when I press on one of the other...
  10. Getting Access to another network drive

Getting Access to another network drive: I have four computers on my network. I store all my files on one of the computers and the other three were able to access that computer whenever they needed to. I just replaced Verizon with Comcast but after they left I realized that I could no longer access the computer...