Windows 10: How do i know what was changed on my computer from a virus?

Discus and support How do i know what was changed on my computer from a virus? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was downloading some stuff on windows version 8.1 and decided to face check the file with no anti-virus (nice), got ambushed with a virus who... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shayapig, Nov 12, 2018.

1. shayapig Win User

How do i know what was changed on my computer from a virus?

I was downloading some stuff on windows version 8.1 and decided to face check the file with no anti-virus (nice), got ambushed with a virus who disabled Windows Defender and started doing some whack things in the background. I quickly managed to install malwarebytes and got the virus sorted out and hopefully destroyed(0 threats detected), but windows defender still wont open even though I tried force starting it through regedit permissions, I tried changing the antispyware values, but it wont open.
    I am worried that whatever I downloaded changed my permissions to my settings. I believe the malware is gone now, and I know malwarebytes might be the reason that windows defender won't open (this app is turned off by group policy), but is there anything I can do to make sure my administrative settings weren't changed and if i am still at risk from the same malware? Why is the reason Windows Defender wont open and how can I fix them/make both antivirus programs open at the same time?

:)

shayapig, Nov 12, 2018

2. computer virus

i think me computer has a virus when i start it up there are no short cuts or task bar( thing with the start button) any suggestions on how to fix it? thanxs

L: email-martinjurewicz@hotmail.com

i nEeD HeLp, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data

We would like to know more about this concern, kindly answer the following:

• May we know the build of the computer?
    • Any changes on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Aside from the suggested troubleshooting steps on this thread, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Desiree Yau, Nov 12, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

1. How do i know what was changed on my computer from a virus? - Similar Threads - was changed computer

2. where is smartctl.exe in computer files and what is it? i dont know is this a virus and how...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is smartctl.exe in computer files and what is it? i dont know is this a virus and how...: where is smartctl.exe in computer files and what is it? i dont know is this a virus and how its on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-smartctlexe-in-computer-files-and-what-is/336d5c3a-6f40-4262-8ed7-adc086243d40
  3. where is smartctl.exe in computer files and what is it? i dont know is this a virus and how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is smartctl.exe in computer files and what is it? i dont know is this a virus and how...: where is smartctl.exe in computer files and what is it? i dont know is this a virus and how its on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-smartctlexe-in-computer-files-and-what-is/336d5c3a-6f40-4262-8ed7-adc086243d40
  4. how do i remove a trojan virus from my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i remove a trojan virus from my computer?: ive tried to remove the virus but its not gone someone please help asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-a-trojan-virus-from-my-computer/4b866c11-cfab-4955-a67f-bb390077ea3d
  5. how do i remove a trojan virus from my computer?

how do i remove a trojan virus from my computer?: ive tried to remove the virus but its not gone someone please help asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-a-trojan-virus-from-my-computer/4b866c11-cfab-4955-a67f-bb390077ea3d
  6. how do I know when the trojan virus was succusfuly removed from my computer??

how do I know when the trojan virus was succusfuly removed from my computer??: Recently I had a trojan virus installed on my computer. I went through every step required to remove it such as changing all my passwords and of course running scans by both Microsoft defense scanner and Malwarebytes to eliminate the virus. Microsoft's defense scanner found...
  7. how do I know when the trojan virus was succusfuly removed from my computer??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I know when the trojan virus was succusfuly removed from my computer??: Recently I had a trojan virus installed on my computer. I went through every step required to remove it such as changing all my passwords and of course running scans by both Microsoft defense scanner and Malwarebytes to eliminate the virus. Microsoft's defense scanner found...
  8. how do I know when the trojan virus was succusfuly removed from my computer??

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. How do I know what's running on my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I know what's running on my computer?: Task Manager is a helpful tool to see what Windows is doing. But some apps don't show up there. Or if they do, I'm not looking in the right place. I sometimes receive notifications from apps when I don't find any evidence of them being active. The apps sending these...
  10. How do I change my mouse DPI on Windows 10 and how do I know what's what

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change my mouse DPI on Windows 10 and how do I know what's what: So, I know how to get to the pointer settings to adjust mouse DPI, but it doesn't seem to show the actual values of the DPI. It's just an icon on a line that you can put up and down. I'm trying to get my mouse DPI to 400, does anyone know where on this wheel is 400 DPI?...