Windows 10: How do I know when a windows update will force trigger? I was in a competitive ranked game...

Discus and support How do I know when a windows update will force trigger? I was in a competitive ranked game... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a forced windows update trigger while I was playing a ranked match in league of legends. This resulted in me losing the game naturally. There was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nikhilks1, Jun 13, 2021.

1. nikhilks1 Win User

How do I know when a windows update will force trigger? I was in a competitive ranked game...

I had a forced windows update trigger while I was playing a ranked match in league of legends. This resulted in me losing the game naturally. There was no intimation that stated that this update will forcefully trigger for me.How can I tell if you are going to shove an update my way regardless of whether I'm fine with you force updating or no? Imagine if this happened to me on a work day? Imagine if I was working on something extremely crucial? I'd like it if you could get back to me on how to go about resolving this. And no , the solution cannot be , just update everytime you see an update.If

:)

nikhilks1, Jun 13, 2021

2. Issues with games after Anniversary update

Hello Bart,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed any further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the PC you are using?
    • Are you referring to any particular game in this case?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check the events that might have triggered the issue.

To view activities in Windows, I suggest you to open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.

Let us know the updates and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Mark7805 Win User
    DirectX update forcing games to play windowed

Hey everyone,
    My cousin is having an issue with his Ideapad y480 laptop. He has had sucess in the past playing games like borderlands 2 on fullscreen, but apparently after a directX update, it forces games to be played in windowed mode. So games like Natural Selection 2, he can't even access at the moment, as it forces fullscreen, and no launch options for windowed mode.

*Toast :toast:

Mark7805, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

How do I know when a windows update will force trigger? I was in a competitive ranked game...

Windows 10 and Xbox Live Bring Competitive Gaming to All Skill Levels

Source: Windows 10 and Xbox Live Bring Competitive Gaming to All Skill Levels | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I know when a windows update will force trigger? I was in a competitive ranked game... - Similar Threads - update force trigger

2. How do I force updat 21h2 to uninstall?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I force updat 21h2 to uninstall?: I tried update history and it doesn't give me the option to uninstall it, i tried command prompt but it tells me it's an essential update, I just want to go back to version 2004 or at least 21h1 or 20h2...
  3. Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ???: For some reason my computer decided to download the 21H2 Update which I DID NOT WANT ! , it is now wanting to restart to finish installing , how to I stop it from completing the update and how do I prevent it from installing EVER ??? , it was only sitting there and allowing...
  4. Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ???: For some reason my computer decided to download the 21H2 Update which I DID NOT WANT ! , it is now wanting to restart to finish installing , how to I stop it from completing the update and how do I prevent it from installing EVER ??? , it was only sitting there and allowing...
  5. Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ???

6. Lost halo rank when I upgraded.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost halo rank when I upgraded.: Lost my rank on Halo MC Collection when I upgraded to windows 11. I have 181 hours of play time and it put me back to private. I also got banned from a game saying easycheat detected an issue. Not happy right now. Anyway to restore my rank?...
  7. Lost halo rank when I upgraded.

Lost halo rank when I upgraded.: Lost my rank on Halo MC Collection when I upgraded to windows 11. I have 181 hours of play time and it put me back to private. I also got banned from a game saying easycheat detected an issue. Not happy right now. Anyway to restore my rank?...
  8. How do I force update to Windows 2004?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I force update to Windows 2004?: My laptop has had version 1909 for an entire year or more now. The May 2020 update never arrived for me and I don't know why. Now, I got a notification that my Windows version is close to not being supported. How do I update to a more recent version without removing my files?...
  9. Command line to trigger/force a Windows update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command line to trigger/force a Windows update?: Is there a way to trigger or force a Windows update via the command line? I take a laptop for trips but because my primary computer is a desktop, the laptop can sit for months unused. I'd like to quickly double-click a link to a .BAT file that will do this right before I...
  10. How Do I Know if Game Mode is On for a Game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Know if Game Mode is On for a Game?: Hello, I'm trying to increase performance on a few games on my Surface Pro 7 and I just want to be sure that Game Mode is running for the games. It is enabled in Settings but when I press Windows+G while I'm in a game I don't see a check box to tell me whether or not game...