Windows 10: How do I know whether bitlocker will be available if I upgrade to windows 10 pro?

Discus and support How do I know whether bitlocker will be available if I upgrade to windows 10 pro? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Home. I need to encrypt my hard drive. Encryption is not enabled - does not show up in settings. I have TPM enabled. I'm... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ap11111, Apr 15, 2021.

1. ap11111 Win User

How do I know whether bitlocker will be available if I upgrade to windows 10 pro?

Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Home. I need to encrypt my hard drive. Encryption is not enabled - does not show up in settings. I have TPM enabled. I'm reading that if I upgrade to Pro I can use Bitlocker proper to encrypt. But how do I know whether it will actually be available? I don't want to drop $100 only to find out that I still can't enable encryption even through Bitlocker.

Thank you for any tips on how to verify that it will work beforehand!

:)

ap11111, Apr 15, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 15, 2021
  3. RJO218 Win User
    Bitlocker without TPM available with Windows 10 upgrade?

All pc's at my small business are currently using Windows 8.1 Pro. We are using Bitlocker without TPM. Will Bitlocker w/o TPM be available with the Windows 10 upgrade?

RJO218, Apr 15, 2021
  4. How do I know whether bitlocker will be available if I upgrade to windows 10 pro?

Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 and Bitlocker

I have Windows 7 Pro and need Bitlocker. If I upgrade from Windows 7 Pro, would the Windows 10 version I get include Bitlocker?

Or is there another way to get Bitlocker, other than buying the Ultimate version of Windows 7, which seems to me like a bad option since I'd be paying to upgrade an obsolete OS.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

RobertTardio, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

How do I know whether bitlocker will be available if I upgrade to windows 10 pro?

1. How do I know whether bitlocker will be available if I upgrade to windows 10 pro? - Similar Threads - whether bitlocker available

2. How do I upgrade from windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I upgrade from windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?: How do I upgrade from windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro? We have a windows account that we recently renewed and thought we should complete the upgrade through Microsoft. However, both of our laptops are from Lenovo and was not sure if we should complete the upgrade through...
  3. How do I upgrade from windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade from windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?: How do I upgrade from windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro? We have a windows account that we recently renewed and thought we should complete the upgrade through Microsoft. However, both of our laptops are from Lenovo and was not sure if we should complete the upgrade through...
  4. How do I upgrade from windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I upgrade to windows 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade to windows 11 pro: How do I upgrade to windows 11 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-to-windows-11-pro/50e935f2-7a2d-4993-abbf-55dfa16ea637
  6. How do I upgrade to windows 11 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I upgrade to windows 11 pro: How do I upgrade to windows 11 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-to-windows-11-pro/50e935f2-7a2d-4993-abbf-55dfa16ea637
  7. HOW DO I UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 PRO FROM WINDOWS 10

HOW DO I UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 PRO FROM WINDOWS 10: Do I need a license to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-to-windows-10-pro-from-windows-10/ce405be5-56f0-49c1-b384-230d10949d7b
  8. How do I reinstall a Windows 10 Pro upgrade

How do I reinstall a Windows 10 Pro upgrade: OK, here is my situation. I have a computer that started life with Windows 10 home. It was necessary to upgrade it from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. I bought the upgrade through the Microsoft Store. The computers operating system was corrupted by a failed Windows...
  9. How do I know whether or not I have Windows 10?

How do I know whether or not I have Windows 10?: How do I know if I have Windows 10 on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-know-whether-or-not-i-have-windows-10/7cf9e266-39ce-4944-a73b-5611bb407c6b
  10. Upgrade Surface Pro something went wrong and BitLocker code required, do not know that I...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Upgrade Surface Pro something went wrong and BitLocker code required, do not know that I...: Upgrade Surface Pro something went wrong and BitLocker code required, do not know that I ever seen this code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/upgrade-surface-pro-something-went-wrong-and/9d9d3ff9-9297-4897-be44-be0a158a0709"