Windows 10: How do I launch edge?

Discus and support How do I launch edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Having tried and dismissed edge, I have gone back to IE11 as my default browser, but as this freezes up on opening a webpage I though I would try Edge... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by woldsweather, Jul 31, 2015.

1. How do I launch edge?

Having tried and dismissed edge, I have gone back to IE11 as my default browser, but as this freezes up on opening a webpage I though I would try Edge again just to see if it froze on the same webpages but can't find it to launch it? Not showing in the programs on start menu?

:)

woldsweather, Jul 31, 2015
  2. HS Dad Win User

How do I launch my virtual drive

Thank you for your reply. Your instruction describe the method of creating a new VHD. I don't want to do that. I have gone through the process of attaching the hard drive I already have on my computer with all the programs installed. I have renamed the drive
    and can see it in Windows Explorer. However, I don't not see the virtual drive listed in my start menu, nor do I see any way of launching the virtual drive. I would appreciate a work around for these specifics. Thanks.

HS Dad, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do I launch my virtual drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows + X, and select Disk Management
    • From the Action drop down menu, select Create VHD
    • In the Create and Attach Virtual Hard Disk dialogue box you should select where you want the .vhd file to be saved.
    • Choose which format you prefer and how large you want the virtual drive to be
    • A fixed size VHD stays at the same size and behaves just like a physical drive, while a dynamic expanding VHD grows and shrinks as files are added to, or deleted from it
    • The new disk will now be displayed in the Disk Management window but cannot be used until it has been initialized. Right-click on the disk title and select “Initialize Disk”.
    • Choosing the MRB (Master Boot Record) style is the safest thing to do here
    • Once initialized, the disk needs to be set up as a simple volume and assigned a drive letter. Right-click on the drive itself in the Disk Management window and select New Simple
      Volume
    • When the Wizard opens, click "next" to enter the Specify Volume Size dialogue. By default, the volume size is set as the size of the entire virtual disk, but you can choose
      any smaller size you wish.
    • Next assign it a drive letter and then format it
    • Navigate to where you saved the VHD file during Step 4 in File Explorer, and double click to mount it. The virtual disk will now show up in File Explorer (and elsewhere) as
      a regular hard disk, and can be used just like one

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 31, 2015
  4. How do I launch edge?

I initially couldn't find it

Make sure you are looking under M for Microsoft Edge, not just E for Edge

paulsalter, Jul 31, 2015
  5. I did and not there.

6. when you went back to IE, did you just change the defaults for browsing to IE instead of Edge?

paulsalter, Jul 31, 2015
  7. I did but its not automatically opening links in IE its annoyingly offering a box to open in Edge instead every time.

8. How do I launch edge?

What do you get when you type in Microsoft Edge down in the Search box next to the Start button?

It should show up.

ventanasguy, Jul 31, 2015
  9. No that doesn't find it.

10. In the Windows 7 days I would have tried a 'restore' to see if that fixed the problem. But I have no clue as to how to do a restore on Windows 10.

ventanasguy, Jul 31, 2015
  11. cbwilsha Win User
    System Restore works exactly the same.

cbwilsha, Aug 1, 2015
  12. Due to this and several other irritating problems but mainly that I lose my internet connection and it takes 10 minutes to sort during which time restart computer doesn't work, so its back to 8.1 for me.

woldsweather, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I launch edge?

1. How do I launch edge? - Similar Threads - launch edge

2. Need to manually launch ClickOnce in order to open .Application files in Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to manually launch ClickOnce in order to open .Application files in Edge: Hi,For the last week and a half, users in our org have sporadically started encountering issues with launching Deltek Vision, an application we access with a shortcut that opens as a .Application in Edge via ClickOnce. The prompt to open the file will appear in Edge but...
  3. Need to manually launch ClickOnce in order to open .Application files in Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to manually launch ClickOnce in order to open .Application files in Edge: Hi,For the last week and a half, users in our org have sporadically started encountering issues with launching Deltek Vision, an application we access with a shortcut that opens as a .Application in Edge via ClickOnce. The prompt to open the file will appear in Edge but...
  4. Error Code 0xc0000005 When Launching Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code 0xc0000005 When Launching Microsoft Edge: Hello, I'm encountering Error Code 0xc0000005 whenever I try to launch Microsoft Edge on my Windows 11 PC. This error started happening after a recent update, and I've tried various troubleshooting steps like reinstalling Edge and running the Windows Store Apps...
  5. Error Code 0xc0000005 When Launching Microsoft Edge

Error Code 0xc0000005 When Launching Microsoft Edge: Hello, I'm encountering Error Code 0xc0000005 whenever I try to launch Microsoft Edge on my Windows 11 PC. This error started happening after a recent update, and I've tried various troubleshooting steps like reinstalling Edge and running the Windows Store Apps...
  6. Windows 10 - Edge, Chrome, crash as soon as launched No window appears, Firefox window...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Edge, Chrome, crash as soon as launched No window appears, Firefox window...: Hey there,A few nights ago I think my PC attempted and failed an update in the middle of the night. I woke up and saw the brief error message which I clicked out of and didn't notice any immediate issues: until I attempted to access Chrome. After failing a few times I...
  7. Windows 10 - Edge, Chrome, crash as soon as launched No window appears, Firefox window...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Edge, Chrome, crash as soon as launched No window appears, Firefox window...: Hey there,A few nights ago I think my PC attempted and failed an update in the middle of the night. I woke up and saw the brief error message which I clicked out of and didn't notice any immediate issues: until I attempted to access Chrome. After failing a few times I...
  8. Windows 10 - Edge, Chrome, crash as soon as launched No window appears, Firefox window...

9. Why do i need microsoft Edge installed to play/launch/login to my minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i need microsoft Edge installed to play/launch/login to my minecraft: trying to log into minecraft so i can play with my son it keeps popping up 0x89235107 error code fix is installing microsoft edge it was uninstalled for a reason why do i need this to run minecraft... ? When i first purchased minecraft i didn't have to jump through these...
  10. Why do i need microsoft Edge installed to play/launch/login to my minecraft

Why do i need microsoft Edge installed to play/launch/login to my minecraft: trying to log into minecraft so i can play with my son it keeps popping up 0x89235107 error code fix is installing microsoft edge it was uninstalled for a reason why do i need this to run minecraft... ? When i first purchased minecraft i didn't have to jump through these...