Windows 10: How do I limit Aero snap only to 2x1 instead of 2x2?

Discus and support How do I limit Aero snap only to 2x1 instead of 2x2? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Windows 10 is definitely the best desktop OS ever. I found one improved feature really annoying when you work with a small screen. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by liuzhencc, Aug 10, 2015.

1. liuzhencc Win User

How do I limit Aero snap only to 2x1 instead of 2x2?

Hello,

Windows 10 is definitely the best desktop OS ever.
    I found one improved feature really annoying when you work with a small screen.
    The advanced aero-snap function to automatically re-size four windows into 2x2 arrangement.
    However, since windows 7, I get used to use 2x1 snap on my laptop.
    So, is there any way to disable the 2x2 snap and turn it back to 2x1 snap no matter you snap to a corner or an edge of the desktop?
    Thank you very much in advance!

:)

liuzhencc, Aug 10, 2015
  2. Don Varnau, Aug 10, 2015
  3. CodyKowa Win User
    Neep Help to Disable Aero Snap Between Monitors Only on Windows 10

I understand that i can completely disable aero snap, but i want to be able to use aero snap, i just don't want it between my monitors.

CodyKowa, Aug 10, 2015
  4. How do I limit Aero snap only to 2x1 instead of 2x2?

It is always 2x1 when you use the edge of the monitor, as long as you don't drag your mouse to the corners. You could also just use the arrow keys plush the Windows key.

logicearth, Aug 10, 2015
  5. liuzhencc Win User
    Thank you so much for your suggestions.
    Because with previous windows 7/8/8.1, I always drag to corner to get two windows arranged in 2x1 position. Now, I'm trying very hard to avoid to drag to the corners. But, I'll fail for three times out of 10 drags. Since 2x2 is not for all screens, I'm thinking about if there is a way to disable the 2x2 snap and turn it back to 2x1 snap even when you drag to each corner of the screen.

liuzhencc, Aug 10, 2015
  6. To be honest I think your best bet is just to adapt to the new functionality. Because the only way I see you can change it is by turning the whole thing off.

logicearth, Aug 10, 2015
  7. liuzhencc Win User
    Is it possible to do the trick through the registry modification?
    It's really a backward update for small screens.

liuzhencc, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do I limit Aero snap only to 2x1 instead of 2x2?

1. How do I limit Aero snap only to 2x1 instead of 2x2? - Similar Threads - limit Aero snap

2. How do I setup a windows 11 - screensaver - on all 4 screens in 2x2 form?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I setup a windows 11 - screensaver - on all 4 screens in 2x2 form?: To be clear.I am not speaking of the lock screen.I am not speaking of the login/out screen.I am not speaking of the screen that shows bing stuff when i'm afk/away from the computer entirely.When I initiate the screensaver, after say - 10mins - . How do I configure said...
  3. How do I make windows snap to the taskbar instead of the bottom of a second monitor in a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make windows snap to the taskbar instead of the bottom of a second monitor in a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DrunkAnton [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/km95rh/how_do_i_make_windows_snap_to_the_taskbar_instead/
  4. How to remove snap do virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove snap do virus?: Hi Everyone! Greetings. Can anyone tell me shortest and quick method to remove snap do virus? There is no option of removing it anywhere. Not in Control panel and nor everywhere. It's a search bar, whenever I open my browser it redirects me to this page. Need permanent...
  5. Aero Snap won't snap to half screen, always only to full screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Aero Snap won't snap to half screen, always only to full screen: So I can't snap to split screen. And the settings option, "when i snap more than one window, automatically adjust the size of the windows" is not available. Just isn't there. Also, if I do Windows Key + L arrow, it dumps me out to the initial login screen for Windows. Ditto...
  6. Aero snapping betwen multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Aero snapping betwen multiple monitors: I have read multiple threads about this issue and it looks like Microsoft could not care less about Windows 10 users. These said threads are as old as 2015 and the issue is still not fixed. Long story short, I am using Windows Areo Snapping feature but when I want to move...
  7. How do I turn this Snapping Template off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn this Snapping Template off?: I've just reset my laptop back to Factory Setting, reinstalled Window 10 and updated to Version 1809. I thought I had found the setting to turn this darn thing off, but NOPE!!! [ATTACH] Can someone tell me where I have to go to turn off this snapping template? I've tried...
  8. Recommend a good Aero-Snap Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recommend a good Aero-Snap Program: Preferably freeware. Looking for something that allows for more customization than the native Win10 Snap feature allows. Maybe pre-defining certain zones, or being able to snap to 25% width/height as well as the default 50%? Anyone have any personal recommendations? 86084
  9. Turn On or Off Aero Snap in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Aero Snap in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Snap Windows in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Snap Windows in Windows 10 Your screen can get cluttered if you have a lot of opened app windows. The Snap windows (aka: Aero Snap) feature includes Snap Assist and 2x2 snapping to help you organize...
  10. How make larger taskbar icons and limit aero snap

in Windows 10 Support
    How make larger taskbar icons and limit aero snap: Just got Windows 10 upgraded (won't go into the insanity that involved). So far it works, nothing to write home about but it runs...... I've largely figured out how to get adequate colors for pieces of windows and such, but: I'm on large monitors and the icons in the...