Windows 10: How do I limit the permissions of my school account?

Discus and support How do I limit the permissions of my school account? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to change the pin on my computer and it says "sorry, this pin isnt working because of your organizations resources"I have a school email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by walrusking456, Mar 29, 2022.

1. How do I limit the permissions of my school account?

I am trying to change the pin on my computer and it says "sorry, this pin isnt working because of your organizations resources"I have a school email account connected to this computer but I only have it so that I can have word for free because I NEED it to do schoolwork. I don't want my school email controlling anything on my PC besides my access to the Office suite. Is there any way to disconnect my school email from everything besides the office suite on my computer? I just want to change my pin...

:)

walrusking456, Mar 29, 2022

2. 2 school accounts

Hello Harry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are facing issues with syncing data of OneDrive from your School account, then I suggest you to follow the steps to

fix OneDrive sync problems

However, if you want to add your School’s OneDrive account to your Windows 10 computer, then please follow the steps

how do I merge my personal and school Microsoft accounts?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 29, 2022
  3. Can't add a school account?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below given methods and check if it works:

Method 1:

This issue may arise due to some file corruption, I suggest you to try running DISM tool and check if it works. To do so, refer the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to try to create a new user account and check if you still face this issue in new user account. To create it perform the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel.
    • Click on User accounts and Family Safety.
    • Click on User Account and then click on Manage Accounts.
    • Now click on Add a new user and follow the instructions.
    • Sign out from the current User account and log-in using new User account and check if issue persist.
    Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Mar 29, 2022
  4. Vesao Win User

How do I limit the permissions of my school account?

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 29, 2022
Thema:

How do I limit the permissions of my school account?

1. How do I limit the permissions of my school account? - Similar Threads - limit permissions school

2. How do I make my school account my main account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my school account my main account?: I recently had to buy a new computer. On my old computer, I had my school Microsoft account as my main account. So when I turned on my computer I was automatically logged in to my school Microsoft account. Now with the new computer when I was setting it up, it wouldn't let me...
  3. How do I make my school account my main account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make my school account my main account?: I recently had to buy a new computer. On my old computer, I had my school Microsoft account as my main account. So when I turned on my computer I was automatically logged in to my school Microsoft account. Now with the new computer when I was setting it up, it wouldn't let me...
  4. How do i recover my school account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i recover my school account?: I had to reset my school password and had the saved filed earased from the authenticator app, but now when i try to log in, it asks for a code from the app but i do not have it logged in. And when i try to log in, it asks me for a code that i cant get. I contacted my school...
  5. How do i recover my school account?

How do i recover my school account?: I had to reset my school password and had the saved filed earased from the authenticator app, but now when i try to log in, it asks for a code from the app but i do not have it logged in. And when i try to log in, it asks me for a code that i cant get. I contacted my school...
  6. How do I add a school Microsoft account to my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add a school Microsoft account to my laptop?: When I try to add my school Microsoft account and try to login, it fails to register my device and says “Your account was not set up on this device because device management could not be enabled. This device might not be able to access some resources, such as Wi-Fi, VPN, or...
  7. How do I add a school Microsoft account to my laptop?

How do I add a school Microsoft account to my laptop?: When I try to add my school Microsoft account and try to login, it fails to register my device and says “Your account was not set up on this device because device management could not be enabled. This device might not be able to access some resources, such as Wi-Fi, VPN, or...
  8. How do I limit the permissions of my school account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I limit the permissions of my school account?: I am trying to change the pin on my computer and it says "sorry, this pin isnt working because of your organizations resources"I have a school email account connected to this computer but I only have it so that I can have word for free because I NEED it to do schoolwork. I...
  9. How do I change my primary account to a school account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my primary account to a school account?: I'm trying to access Minecraft: Education Edition but it shows this:Is there any way to change it?Thanks,Alex. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-primary-account-to-a-school/8a02896a-3066-465e-83c7-1823037e8ba9
  10. How do I disconnect a work or school account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disconnect a work or school account?: I have a Surface pro 5 with my own microsoft account as the administrator account. However, there is also a work or school account connected to my laptop. Whenever I try to disconnect the account, a box pops up saying "This work or school account cannot be removed by system...