Windows 10: How do I link my computer to TV using an HDMI cable?

Discus and support How do I link my computer to TV using an HDMI cable? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have been advised to restart computer and then attach cable. That doesn't work. No does trying to change resolution. My computer is a Lenova Yoga... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by elsbree, Feb 14, 2019.

1. elsbree Win User

How do I link my computer to TV using an HDMI cable?

I have been advised to restart computer and then attach cable. That doesn't work. No does trying to change resolution. My computer is a Lenova Yoga Laptop. Before reinstalling and updating my operating system (I had a virus) I had no trouble using HDMI cable.

:)

elsbree, Feb 14, 2019

2. No audio from TV connected to computer via HDMI cable

Hi Jim,

For us to further assist your with the audio issue on your TV when connected to the computer, please provide the following information below:

• Have you tried to update your audio and video drivers on the computer?
    • Have you checked your TV settings if your HDMI settings are set up according to which port the HDMI cable is connected? For example: HDMI 1 or HDMI 2.
    • Is the HDMI cable working if you use it on a different device?

Keep us posted.

Loraine Mon, Feb 14, 2019
  3. sagarpv Win User
    N8 : HDMI cable is not fit to HDMI port on Sony Bravia TV

Hi,

I got the HDMI cable with the N8, I tried to connect my N8 to the Sony Bravia TV with this cable. But it is not fit into the HDMI port of the TV.

Is there any other connectivity cable require to connect phone and TV through HDMI cable?

If yes, please suggest me what cable and where to buy that cable.

or

Is there any other way to connect my phone and TV through HDMI.

sagarpv, Feb 14, 2019
  4. How do I link my computer to TV using an HDMI cable?

connecting smart TV with windows 10 PC using HDMI cable

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the make and model number of your TV and your computer?
    2. Do you get any error message on the TV or on your computer when trying to connect the computer and TV using HDMI Cable?
    3. We appreciate that you have performed the troubleshooting steps, so could you let us know what troubleshooting steps you have already tried?

Meanwhile, follow the below steps and see if this helps.

Before trying the below steps, turn off your computer as well as your TV.

Step 1: Plug one end of the HDMI Port in the TV and the other to the computers HDMI Port. Then, turn on both your computer as well as TV.

Note: Make sure that the TV is set to the exact HDMI Channel from the Input Settings (refer your TV manual).

Step 2: Once you perform the Step 1, the computer should output its screen automatically to the TV. If it failed to do so, then follow below steps.

Step 3: Press the Windows key and the R key from your keyboard and type
    Control and hit Enter.

Step 4: Switch the View by Category to
    Small icons
    > Click on Display > On the left pane, click on
    Adjust resolution.

Step 5: Under Display, click on the drop-down list and choose your TV name select the appropriate resolution for the TV to display.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

How do I link my computer to TV using an HDMI cable?

1. How do I link my computer to TV using an HDMI cable? - Similar Threads - link computer using

2. I connected my computer to my TV with an HDMI cable. For a while there was an image on the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I connected my computer to my TV with an HDMI cable. For a while there was an image on the...: I connected my computer to my TV with an HDMI cable. For a while there was an image on the TV, but now it's gone. what can be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-connected-my-computer-to-my-tv-with-an-hdmi/c1f221e3-47a7-4015-ac07-7c4c646ebc46
  3. I connected my computer to my TV with an HDMI cable. For a while there was an image on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I connected my computer to my TV with an HDMI cable. For a while there was an image on the...: I connected my computer to my TV with an HDMI cable. For a while there was an image on the TV, but now it's gone. what can be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-connected-my-computer-to-my-tv-with-an-hdmi/451b1e8e-690f-474f-8d25-0e439c58f9fa
  4. hdmi cable to tv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hdmi cable to tv: Since installing windows 10 i cant get the hdmi cable from laptop to tv to work, i was working fine prior to me downloading windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-cable-to-tv/fbb308ac-309b-4ec2-a047-673dfeec99e9
  5. Connecting my laptop to my tv using HDMI cable

Connecting my laptop to my tv using HDMI cable: have connected my tv to my laptop using a hdmi cable. the picture goes to my tv fine but not the sounds. I was messing around with the sound settings as Icould not get sound just out of my laptop but could get sound through my tv. Now I can only get sound through the laptop...
  6. how do i connect my tv (Dell) to my Panasonic TV by hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i connect my tv (Dell) to my Panasonic TV by hdmi cable: how do I connect my Dell 7010 computer to my Panasonic tv by hdmi cable both are connected by dongle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-my-tv-dell-to-my-panasonic-tv-by/00ae3d8c-0f9d-4a78-a415-b7635779861e
  7. problem with connecting TV using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem with connecting TV using HDMI cable: My HDIM connect used to work fine but now I am unable to connect my TV using HDMI cable from my laptop. I receive an error message saying that it cannot detect another display...
  8. How do I link my computer to TV using an HDMI cable?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I link my computer to TV using an HDMI cable?: I have been advised to restart computer and then attach cable. That doesn't work. No does trying to change resolution. My computer is a Lenova Yoga Laptop. Before reinstalling and updating my operating system (I had a virus) I had no trouble using HDMI cable. 127204
  9. how can i cast my laptop to TV using HDMI cable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i cast my laptop to TV using HDMI cable?: how to cast laptop to TV using HDMI cable Not working Cant get Chromecast to work either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-cast-my-laptop-to-tv-using-hdmi-cable/617a43ee-fe83-4c40-a34c-35b242145c20
  10. No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable

No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable: I use my tv as a monitor for my computer and the sound has suddenly stopped working. The picture is fine but there's no sound, it says that the "Spatial sound" is off and doesn't give me an option to turn the sound on for anything but headphones. Nothing I've seen online...