Windows 10: How do I link my PC to my Windows account?

Discus and support How do I link my PC to my Windows account? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm trying to download iCloud for WIndows 10 to my Windows 10 PC, but it doesn't get that I obviously want to download to the PC on which I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Emyrv, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Emyrv Win User

How do I link my PC to my Windows account?

I'm trying to download iCloud for WIndows 10 to my Windows 10 PC, but it doesn't get that I obviously want to download to the PC on which I am requesting the iCloud app.

:)

Emyrv, Sep 19, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do I link my PC to my Windows account? :(

Zakin, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I link my PC to my Windows account? - Similar Threads - link account

2. Won`t let me link my Microsoft Account to the Windows Insider Program settings page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Won`t let me link my Microsoft Account to the Windows Insider Program settings page: Whenever I go onto the Insider Program settings page, it doesn`t say you can link an account. I am an admin though https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-let-me-link-my-microsoft-account-to-the/37b2b190-1d47-4fb4-a201-08de0c214762
  3. Laptop linked to old microsoft account which doesn't exist!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop linked to old microsoft account which doesn't exist!: My Xbox account was hacked last Feb and a Ukrainian hacker bought two 12 month gold passes with my credit card details. I Still haven't money returned despite raising a dispute with Microsoft and my bank. Anyway the hacker changed my old account details including the email...
  4. A family member's email account (as well as my own) is linked to my Microsoft account. How...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    A family member's email account (as well as my own) is linked to my Microsoft account. How...: I have a Microsoft account with my own email address associated with it. However, when setting up my wife's laptop, her email address is also somehow associated with my Microsoft account as well. How do I disassociate her email account from my MS account so that she can use...
  5. It looks like you don't have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It looks like you don't have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To...: So I bought Minecraft the master collection on the Microsoft store website and tried to install it on my pc but i keep getting this message. "It looks like you don't have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your...
  6. If my Windows 10 is OEM but activiated with a digital license linked to my account, can I...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    If my Windows 10 is OEM but activiated with a digital license linked to my account, can I...: I had someone assemble a PC for me a while ago, and I'm planning on upgrading my mobo and cpu. It seems Windows 10 Pro was downloaded from an OEM DVD (I have the package with the dvd, and it says 'Windows 10 for OEM software'), and I know that if it's OEM then I'll have to...
  7. MS Account linked incorrectly to PTA account

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Account linked incorrectly to PTA account: All the billing info etc is going to a PTA account that I am handing over to someone else soon. How do I get it back to my personal email address?...
  8. Gamertag linked to my account disappeared.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gamertag linked to my account disappeared.: I signed into my account with all my progress and games on it with the game pass, then I went to play a game and it asked to write a gamertag for me to be shown with. So I wrote a possible gamertag after trying my own and it said it was taken. Now all progress has...
  9. Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account: Hello, I have setup accounts for both of my girls. I also added a few websites that I only want them to visit. When my daughter goes to the website it is accessible except for any of the links inside the website page. If she clicks on a link within the main website she...
  10. How do i find which microsoft account is linked to my license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do i find which microsoft account is linked to my license: Hi I upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 a year back roughly. I am about to change my Internal hard disk. I am not sure which microsoft account in linked to my license. I can open my 2 accounts in browser but I cannot find which account is linked they do not mention it...