Windows 10: How do i locate a game i already have installed

Discus and support How do i locate a game i already have installed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just reset my pc but only on the windows drive not the one with my games i reinstalled the xbox app now is there any way for me to locate the app on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alex Devaux, Jan 13, 2021.

1. How do i locate a game i already have installed

I just reset my pc but only on the windows drive not the one with my games i reinstalled the xbox app now is there any way for me to locate the app on my other drive or di o have to completely reinstall the game

:)

Alex Devaux, Jan 13, 2021

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    unable to re install game error code 0x80070426

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How exactly are you downloading game eg Store or browser?
    • Which game are you trying to download?
    • Are you able to install other games and apps?

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, I suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: Also refer the link below.

Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

I can't find or install an app from Microsoft Store

Applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jan 13, 2021
  4. How do i locate a game i already have installed

Unable to install a game on Windows 10.

Hello Garrett,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to install the game on your computer.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you the administrator of the user profile?
    • What is the error message/error code you get on trying to install the game on computer?
    • Did you check if the game is compatible with the current operating system?

You may be facing the above issue due to the incompatibility of the game software with the current operating system on your computer.

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, i suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

c. Check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

How do i locate a game i already have installed

1. How do i locate a game i already have installed - Similar Threads - locate game already

2. Ads on games I already have paid for.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ads on games I already have paid for.: I am an old lady that wants to play solitaire and mahjonn . I have no other games and don't want any.I am asked to get more games every time I play, over and over again. I can stand a reasonable amount of ads, but now it's authenticator and ads for other crazy games in the...
  3. How do I do a clean re install of windows if I already have windows installed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I do a clean re install of windows if I already have windows installed?: I want to do a complete fresh re install of windows, but I do not know how to do it on my computer that I'm using right now that already has windows 10 installed on it. I already reset the computer, but I think a fresh install is more likely to get the job done.I'm assuming I...
  4. How do I change default Install location?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change default Install location?: I almost followed a tutorial which uses regedit and thanksfully I read the comments before restarting the PC (the comments were telling that the tutorial broke their computer) I switched the location to D drive for a brief moment and immediately switched back as soon as I saw...
  5. How can I locate installed games on the windows store?

How can I locate installed games on the windows store?: I have 2 different setups but I use an external hard drive for game storage my issue is I have a bunch of games downloaded onto it but the windows store doesn't detect them is there a solution to locate a games file? submitted by /u/slimsycastle240 [link] [comments]...
  6. How do I choose the location on installing the installation media

How do I choose the location on installing the installation media: It always choose the hard drive that always has low storage, and I want it to be my USB submitted by /u/Zemicron [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f6nvgs/how_do_i_choose_the_location_on_installing_the/
  7. HOW DO I DELETE GAMES I INSTALLED?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HOW DO I DELETE GAMES I INSTALLED?: HOW DO I DELETE GAMES I INSTALLED? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ciara333/65d00f64-447b-4750-9bd5-2e3cf2fb666a"
  8. How do I report a scam? I already have a case number.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I report a scam? I already have a case number.: How do I report a scam. I already have a case number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-report-a-scam-i-already-have-a-case/dc8865f7-223d-4cc5-b048-227e0630797b
  9. Can I do a clean install of windows 10, I have already installed it once.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I do a clean install of windows 10, I have already installed it once.: I want to do clean install of W10, rundll32.exe was uninstalled and now I am having booting errors, but still am capable of booting windows. I got this error after do a systems check, logfile D:\WINDOWS\system32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt I think I uninstalled...
  10. Can I do a clean install of windows 10, I have already installed it once.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I do a clean install of windows 10, I have already installed it once.: I want to do clean install of W10, rundll32.exe was uninstalled and now I am having booting errors, but still am capable of booting windows. I got this error after do a systems check, logfile D:\WINDOWS\system32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt I think I uninstalled...