Windows 10: How do i locate and then open a Zipped File

Discus and support How do i locate and then open a Zipped File in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I locate and then open a Zipped file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidChaytor, Jul 11, 2019.

1. How do i locate and then open a Zipped File

How do I locate and then open a Zipped file

:)

DavidChaytor, Jul 11, 2019

2. cant open zip files without saving first

Please do the following to attempt to repair a Zip file:

Click Start, click All Programs, and click Accessories

Right click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator

Change directories to the folder where the corrupted Zip file is located

Type: "C:\Program Files\WinZip\wzzip" -yf zipfile.zip

If the corrupted Zip file is split or spanned, use the following command instead:

"C:\Program Files\WinZip\wzzip" -yfs zipfile.zip

WZZIP will create a new Zip file with a FIXED suffix in the file name. The original Zip file will not be modified. Only the data in the original Zip file is used.

The FIXED Zip file is structurally sound but the data may still be corrupt. WZZIP does not fix the zipped data itself. If the zipped data has a CRC error or the zipped data is corrupt, then the resulting fixed Zip file will still be corrupt.

Useful resources, which might become solutions have more different information than guide above...

http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarg...p-files-after-zip-archive-corrupt-or-damaged/

luukbokhove, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    .zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Jul 11, 2019
  4. How do i locate and then open a Zipped File

cant open zip files without saving first

When i get an attachment via email like a zip file i cant just open the file from the email i have to save and then open, i have tried the reg fix with the level security but still i cant open files, its a real pain

georgesperis, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

How do i locate and then open a Zipped File

1. How do i locate and then open a Zipped File - Similar Threads - locate open Zipped

2. How do I delete files that are zipped?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete files that are zipped?: Hi Microsoft,I wanted to download a free game from Google Chrome. The downloading instructions were unclear to me so I think I messed up something. I had to download a preinstalled game as a file then a .zip file and I also needed another app called 7-zip to extract the file....
  3. How do I delete files that are zipped?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete files that are zipped?: Hi Microsoft,I wanted to download a free game from Google Chrome. The downloading instructions were unclear to me so I think I messed up something. I had to download a preinstalled game as a file then a .zip file and I also needed another app called 7-zip to extract the file....
  4. opening a zip file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    opening a zip file: Hello I am trying to open a zip file; when i extract all and go to the file it says file is empty. so i tried internet explorer because i used that before and it says file has a virus. but i know for a fact the file is safe. how can i get my file to open so i can safe it. it...
  5. I have a .zip file that seems to ONlY be in recent files...clicking open folder location...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a .zip file that seems to ONlY be in recent files...clicking open folder location...: ...clicking open folder location brings me to my downloads folder, but it isnt there. Trying to open it promots me with " access to the compressed (zipped) Folder [path] is denied Trying to move it to my desktop promots me with "This is no longer located in [path]. Verify...
  6. Create ZIP file in another location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create ZIP file in another location: I would like to create a zip file of the folders (on my C: drive) to my external HDD directly. Clarify: the ZIP file is directly made on the external HDD, because I want to minimize the wear to the SSD that was on my laptop submitted by /u/networkITcuriosity [link]...
  7. How to open zipped files

How to open zipped files: I cannot open a zipped file.I get these errors:[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-zipped-files/e919b2a9-4ec3-46c1-91e3-d2812c09b6b4"
  8. Unable to open .zip files

Unable to open .zip files: Hey so I'm unable to open .zip files. I've done a system restore, downloaded WinRAR, among other things. Can you guys help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-zip-files/b0733389-3aaf-4322-b6af-36c1f6c4abf0"
  9. How do I open zip files in Windows 10? Do I need to install Winzip?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I open zip files in Windows 10? Do I need to install Winzip?: I have spent a frustrating half-hour trying to download and open a zip file containing an electronics service manual without success. As stated in title, I don't have Winzip, but understand that such files can be opened without this program, yet all I get is a drop-down menu,...
  10. Zips files will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Zips files will not open: I recently upgraded to Windows10 on my desktop Dell. Last week I attempted to unzip some files & open .tif files that had been saved when I was still running Windows 8.1. Previous to the upgraded I never had a issue unzipping these files and they are always from the same...