Windows 10: How do i locate my microsoft liscense ?

Discus and support How do i locate my microsoft liscense ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Please advise how to locate windows liscense. I need to download an image for system restore. Thank you Mark... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by markmumaw, Feb 13, 2020.

1. markmumaw Win User

How do i locate my microsoft liscense ?

Please advise how to locate windows liscense. I need to download an image for system restore. Thank you

Mark

:)

markmumaw, Feb 13, 2020

2. Microsoft Edge will not accept my home Location

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand that Microsoft Edge shows incorrect location of your computer.

Before we proceed, please answer the following questions to help you better.

• Do you see the incorrect location on a specific website?

• Where did you input your town and post code to change the location?
    I would like to let you know that the Microsoft Edge will detect the location that is configured on the system.

I suggest that you turn off and turn on the Location option in Settings. To do so, follow these steps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.

• Click on Privacy on select Location
      tab.

• Check if Location is turned ON.

• If yes, turn it OFF and turn ON
    Hope this helps. If the issue persist, please post back with the required information. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Feb 13, 2020
  3. window liscense

how to renew window liscense

PinkRacer293357, Feb 13, 2020
  4. How do i locate my microsoft liscense ?

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

How do i locate my microsoft liscense ?

1. How do i locate my microsoft liscense ? - Similar Threads - locate microsoft liscense

2. How to Transfer Digital Liscense to New PC.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Transfer Digital Liscense to New PC.: I own 2 windows 10 digital licenses that I both purchased for 140 dollars linked to my Microsoft Account. One of them is attached to an old PC that is completely disassembled. How do I transfer that to my new PC when setting up windows?...
  3. If I unlink my Microsoft account with my Digital Liscense, can I still use it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    If I unlink my Microsoft account with my Digital Liscense, can I still use it?: I've wanted to use a different OS for my PC but I want to retain the license/product key for use on another computer. Note that I don't want to transfer my license to a different machine, in short I want to save it for later.Is there any way I can do this?Best regards, BotRod...
  4. Current liscense?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Current liscense?: I can no longer print my emails from outlook on my computer. What do I have to do to fix this? I can print from word and other applications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/current-liscense/17474e2a-beba-4c97-85d5-d1d34cfc7cff
  5. Digital Liscense

Digital Liscense: I am trying to downgrade my laptop to Windows 7 as an experiment for a comparison. I used the same product key to obtain an activated version of Windows 10, therefore the product key should work the same. But, I am pretty sure that Windows 7 wont ask for my account...
  6. How do I locate the password for my ASP.NET account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I locate the password for my ASP.NET account?: Not sure why I ended up with an account named ASP.NET which was added along with my user account so I ended up with two accounts. I get the impression it is connected to downloads of Net Framework and used by develpers. Anyway I've really done it now. In the process of...
  7. Removing Device from Microsoft account and Liscenses

Removing Device from Microsoft account and Liscenses: I'm about to start putting together another computer, hopefully tonight. I have a Windows 10 digital retail license and my old PC was linked to my Microsoft account, but has since been removed from my devices on my account after it died. My question is, do I still keep that...
  8. how do I validate my geo location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I validate my geo location: when I try to access a website, I keep getting the message, "the geo location cannot be validated" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-validate-my-geo-location/f17df530-084d-424e-861c-6c5b169d4575
  9. How do I locate my background image file?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I locate my background image file?: Can someone help me? I have an image as my background that I would like to locate (the original file) on my computer in order save for later....
  10. How do I locate my Administrator details?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I locate my Administrator details?: I have been asked to sign in using my Administrator details but I can't remember what I put? Thanks 85848