Windows 10: How do I locate someones IP address from their email?

Discus and support How do I locate someones IP address from their email? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I looked at the header of several emails, a few I suspect are the same person but one I know is a different person, and the IP addresses I am seeing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gymjunkie, Oct 24, 2018.

1. gymjunkie Win User

How do I locate someones IP address from their email?

I looked at the header of several emails, a few I suspect are the same person but one I know is a different person, and the IP addresses I am seeing are the same between different emails. If one of these is supposed to be the senders, which one is it? If none, how do I find it? This is with my GoDaddy account.

The top number (68.17*.**) is just about the same as both my other GoDaddy account and also my personal Gmail account as well as other emails from different email sources. The bottom...

gymjunkie, Oct 24, 2018
  2. Karen Her Win User

Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Geethu B Win User
    ip address problem

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with IP Address, I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due incorrect TCP\IP Address settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to reset TCP\IP and check if it helps.

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/299357

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try these steps to Flush DNS and request a new IP address from your ISP server. Check if it helps.

• Click on
      Start and type cmd on start search.

• Right-click on command prompt Run
      and selectas administrator.

• At the command prompt, type the following commands and hit
      Enter after each command.

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

exit

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 24, 2018
  4. How do I locate someones IP address from their email?

IP Address

Hi Will,

You might need your computer's IP address if you want to set up an Internet connection, allow other people to connect to your PC, or need to troubleshoot network problems. Kindly follow these steps to find the IP address of your computer:

• Select the Start button , start typing View network connections, and then select it in the list.
    • Select an active network connection, and then, in the toolbar, select
      View status of this connection
      . (You might need to select the chevron icon to find this command.)
    • Select Details. (Your PC's IP address appears in the
      Value
      column, next to IPv4 Address).
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I locate someones IP address from their email? - Similar Threads - locate someones address

2. how do i change my IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change my IP address: i was recently scammed & the scammers got my IP address. I would like to change it somehow. My money market account has been wiped outSherry *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. how do i change my IP address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i change my IP address: i was recently scammed & the scammers got my IP address. I would like to change it somehow. My money market account has been wiped outSherry *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. How do I configure my ip address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I configure my ip address: Error message Ethernet does not have a valid up address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-configure-my-ip-address/32003db5-2056-4101-b586-2108a649a7d9
  5. How do I configure my ip address

How do I configure my ip address: Error message Ethernet does not have a valid up address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-configure-my-ip-address/32003db5-2056-4101-b586-2108a649a7d9
  6. IP Address Location Incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Address Location Incorrect: Hi there, I've been having some trouble with connecting to internet due to incorrect IP address location. My laptop is on a Windows 10. 1. I tried browsing but connecting to a website took a fairly long time and it lead me to an another country's version of that website....
  7. IP address location wrong country

in Windows 10 Customization
    IP address location wrong country: My browser shows that I'm in Canada and reroutes all my sites through Canada even though I'm in Michigan. My settings in Chrome show I'm in the US. Despite that, all my sites, such as AOL and Amazon, locate me in Canada. It also registers I'm in Canada on other browsers,...
  8. How to log junk/spam email IP addresses

How to log junk/spam email IP addresses: I have been receiving a bunch of suspicious email lately and I want to log the suspicious emails IP address so I can determine their geographic location. How do I do this in the Mail application included in Windows 10? The mail application also has separate folders for junk...
  9. locating an email address & phone #

locating an email address & phone #: How would I locate an email address / phone # for walmart corporate ( legal department) to report a fraud? Walmart's websites are so confusing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locating-an-email-address-phone/9000d9ab-7a85-4ac0-87be-3d53d9025b00
  10. How do I find my IP address?

How do I find my IP address?: I'm considering getting a VPN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-ip-address/10492a2b-ab51-4ee8-8b4a-fde47545e59d