Windows 10: How do I locate the CA cert in windows directory instead of cert manager?

Discus and support How do I locate the CA cert in windows directory instead of cert manager? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I am seeking any expert out there who can advise me how can I locate CA files in Windows directory instead of looking into certLM.exe [console... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlvinLoo, Sep 26, 2022.

1. AlvinLoo Win User

How do I locate the CA cert in windows directory instead of cert manager?

Hi,I am seeking any expert out there who can advise me how can I locate CA files in Windows directory instead of looking into certLM.exe [console root\certificates - Current User\Personal\Certificates], i am using third party software patch management to detect CA cert expiries and signed off by that why i am looking at its actual file location.

:)

AlvinLoo, Sep 26, 2022
  2. pedrolane Win User

E90 + ssl + cert issue

i ve successfully imported a p12 cert file for my CA on an E65. now phonoe trusts any cert signed by this CA.

hope it helps

pedrolane, Sep 26, 2022
  3. Jamesy281 Win User
    SHA1 to SHA256 - Existing certs

Hi there,

I am working on a migration of our Win2K8 workloads and one of these is our CA. I have seen lots of great KB articles about migrating from SHA1/ CSP to SHA2556 (KSP), but what I am not sure about is what happens to existing certs such as those issues to
    domain workstations/ servers, local web servers, services, etc.

My plan is to spin up a new Win2K16 box, import the CA functions to this and upgrade to KSP but some of the questions I have around this are:

1. Will this impact these existing services, etc?
    2. Is there a way to determine all the workloads that have been issued or are using a cert from the current CA?
    3. Can I run two CAs side by side for a phased migration?

Jamesy281, Sep 26, 2022
  4. sorites Win User

Unable to Connect to Exchange 2010 - Cert Error 80072F06

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I ended up coming to the same conclusion about it being a problem with the CN in the cert. It's weird because if you viewed the cert, you would see that it did have a matching CN. However, browsers (Firefox, IE, and Chrome) pointed
    to OWA all reported a problem with the cert -- both due to not trusting the CA (it was self-signed) and due to a name mismatch.

This cert did show the proper CN when you viewed the cert, so the browser error was odd, but the CN address was missing from the list of Alternate Names, which is apparently what the browser (and WP7) look at to determine whether or not a site is valid for
    the cert. Anyway, the Exchange admin issued a new cert and included the CN in the AN list and all was good.

Since I had previously installed the root cert to my WP7, I was able to immediately set up my Exchange 2010 account on the phone.

Someone else in my office has an Android phone, and he had problems with the cert too. But for him, he just checked the "Accept all certs" box, and he was good to go. It would be great if MS offered that in cases like this, where I, the user, explicitly
    trust the cert in question.

--

tl;dr +1 rep to Tobias D. It was a problem with the CN. Issued new cert to Exchange server and all is good.

sorites, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

1. How do I locate the CA cert in windows directory instead of cert manager? - Similar Threads - locate cert directory

2. old certs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old certs: i need to print my old mta certs windows 7 certs and fundamentals from old emails i no longer have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-certs/549ba35e-9528-4e3c-8424-c3fb005dd0a6
  3. old certs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    old certs: i need to print my old mta certs windows 7 certs and fundamentals from old emails i no longer have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-certs/549ba35e-9528-4e3c-8424-c3fb005dd0a6
  4. linked cert accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    linked cert accounts: i need my accounts linked for my certs eric https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linked-cert-accounts/60ed8e38-85f5-456c-b011-58058d49196d
  5. linked cert accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    linked cert accounts: i need my accounts linked for my certs eric https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linked-cert-accounts/60ed8e38-85f5-456c-b011-58058d49196d
  6. How do I locate the CA cert in windows directory instead of cert manager?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I locate the CA cert in windows directory instead of cert manager?: Hi,I am seeking any expert out there who can advise me how can I locate CA files in Windows directory instead of looking into certLM.exe [console root\certificates - Current User\Personal\Certificates], i am using third party software patch management to detect CA cert...
  7. How do I locate the CA cert in windows directory instead of cert manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I locate the CA cert in windows directory instead of cert manager?: Hi,I am seeking any expert out there who can advise me how can I locate CA files in Windows directory instead of looking into certLM.exe [console root\certificates - Current User\Personal\Certificates], i am using third party software patch management to detect CA cert...
  8. Authenticode cert

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Authenticode cert: My tech support is running security check and finding Authenticodetm Root certificate expiration.What is this, is this legit, why would it expire, and what are my options?...
  9. CA Workstation Cert Gone After In-Place Upgrade Task Sequence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CA Workstation Cert Gone After In-Place Upgrade Task Sequence: After an in-place upgrade using a task sequence the trust cert for our LAN connection is gone and the machine can no longer connect to the network to get another cert from gpupdate. Tried to export cert via powsershell but its a non-exportable private key and cannot add it to...
  10. digi cert

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    digi cert: In windows 10 How do I remove DigiCert from my computer? They are evil and interfere with my facebook videos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/digi-cert/f75c189e-5a97-4270-a926-55f534408b62