Windows 10: how do I locate the volume control icon on windows 10

Discus and support how do I locate the volume control icon on windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how do I locate the volume control icon on windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobertLombard1, Oct 15, 2019.

1. how do I locate the volume control icon on windows 10

how do I locate the volume control icon on windows 10

:)

RobertLombard1, Oct 15, 2019

2. Disappearing volume control icon on taskbar

Hi Brad,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in volume icon settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you checked the issue with other user accounts?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off and then turn on volume icon. Check if it helps.

Method 1: I recommend you to try to turn on the system icon for volume by following below steps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Turn system icons on and off" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Turn off and then try to turn on the volume icon
    from the list.

If the issue still persist, refer to the method below.

Method 2: Try to update the audio driver in the Device Manager and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.

3. Expand Audio inputs and outputs.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with volume icon on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 15, 2019
  3. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Oct 15, 2019
  4. how do I locate the volume control icon on windows 10

volume mixer in taskbar in WIndows 10

Hi Caroline,

The requirement of pinning Volume mixer to the taskbar is currently not available in Windows 10. However, you can view Volume mixer from the volume control icon located in the system tray.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you not able to see volume icon or the volume mixer on the computer?

• If volume icon, have you enabled the option to show in the system tray?

If you want to view Volume mixer on the PC and have enabled volume icon on the system tray, follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Right click on the volume icon and select
      Open Volume Mixer
      from the context menu.

• Check if the window is accessible on the computer.

Note: The option to pin Volume mixer to the taskbar is not currently available on the computer.

Write to us with the status of pinning Volume mixer on taskbar in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

how do I locate the volume control icon on windows 10

1. how do I locate the volume control icon on windows 10 - Similar Threads - locate volume control

2. Volume control location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume control location: Is there away to move the volume indicator from the bottom back to the top left? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control-location/cd140cc8-7126-4b5d-b788-8402b075fbc7
  3. Volume control location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume control location: Is there away to move the volume indicator from the bottom back to the top left? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control-location/cd140cc8-7126-4b5d-b788-8402b075fbc7
  4. How do I turn of Windows volume double overlay (volume plus control buttons)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I turn of Windows volume double overlay (volume plus control buttons)?: In Windows 10, changing the volume makes the volume bar show up as well as a BIG overlay panel with the name of (say) the Youtube video playing music as well as a button to pause it (before it was only for Chrome that this happened). How do I disable the second overlay?...
  5. taskbar volume control icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar volume control icon: cannot adjust volume from taskbar icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-volume-control-icon/79214b7a-9a50-4e39-925c-968b6aa8fc5b
  6. Volume control icon.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume control icon.: I have lost my volume control icon. Tried everything with no success. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control-icon/41f7aeaf-a702-4182-a94f-1ce7aee992d7
  7. How do I regain independent volume control?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I regain independent volume control?: Previously, I could set my Bluetooth Headphones volume to its highest with its built-in hardware buttons (Skullycandy - they beep whenever you hit the highest) and set my laptop's master volume to wherever I want. For example, I could set my headphones up to 100% and have the...
  8. How do I regain independent volume control?

How do I regain independent volume control?: Previously, I could set my Bluetooth Headphones volume to its highest with its built-in hardware buttons (Skullycandy - they beep whenever you hit the highest) and set my laptop's master volume to wherever I want. For example, I could set my headphones up to 100% and have the...
  9. volume control icon

volume control icon: i can no longer adjust volume control via speaker icon I have made no changes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/volume-control-icon/204439c4-d35c-40ee-81b8-91bff21a5903
  10. How do i control Bluetooth speaker volume independently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i control Bluetooth speaker volume independently: i just downloaded an update to windows 10 and found out that my volume controls had changed. previously, i could set the bluetooth volume to its highest with its hardware buttons and set my laptop master volume to where i want it. now turning up the bluetooth hardware volume...