Windows 10: How do I lock my child's PC thru Family Safety?

Discus and support How do I lock my child's PC thru Family Safety? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How do I lock my child's PC thru Family Safety? 'Screen time' allows me to set times for both thier PC and Xbox and even put the devices on the same... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by [-] [-], Mar 13, 2023.

1. [-] [-] Win User

How do I lock my child's PC thru Family Safety?

How do I lock my child's PC thru Family Safety? 'Screen time' allows me to set times for both thier PC and Xbox and even put the devices on the same schedule. 'Lock devices' shows only the XBox however.Why is their PC not shown as device to lock???

:)

[-] [-], Mar 13, 2023

2. Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

How do I lock my child's PC thru Family Safety? 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Mar 13, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Family safety - child can disable all feature, why?

Hi,

There may be a sync issue with the restrictions that has been applied to the child account. To isolate your concern regarding Family Safety, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Remove the Child account on the Family Safety website.
    • Change the passwords of your account.
    • Add the Child account again.
    • Add the restrictions to the Child account again.

Keep us updated with the results if your child will still be able to turn off the Family Safety feature after performing the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, Mar 13, 2023
  4. How do I lock my child's PC thru Family Safety?

Family Safety seen not to be working

Hi Roi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Which Windows 10 build is installed on your computer?

I would suggest you to remove the child account from the family safety website and then add it again. Follow the below steps:

• Login to the
      www.familysafety.microsoft.com
    • Remove the Child account.
    • Now from the Parent computer, open Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Select Family and other users.
    • Click on Add someone else to this PC.
    • Enter the Email address of the Child account which was removed.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Now a verification email address will be send to the Child’s Email address.
    • Then login to the family safety website and then you can put the restrictions for the Child.
    Hope this helps. Post back with the results so that we can assist you further.

Sara Mohammedi, Mar 13, 2023
Thema:

How do I lock my child's PC thru Family Safety?

1. How do I lock my child's PC thru Family Safety? - Similar Threads - lock child's thru

2. Family Safety Child is not an Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Child is not an Administrator: I have entered a child's account in Family Safety. The account on the PC is a standard user! But when I click on the child in the Familiy Safety admin console, I get the message: "Child is set as administrator to PCNAME, therefore certain Family Safety features will not...
  3. Family Safety Child is not an Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety Child is not an Administrator: I have entered a child's account in Family Safety. The account on the PC is a standard user! But when I click on the child in the Familiy Safety admin console, I get the message: "Child is set as administrator to PCNAME, therefore certain Family Safety features will not...
  4. remove a child in family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove a child in family safety: I can't remove my child from the family safety in Microsoft.The e-mailadress from my child is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** e-mailadres is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** am not aloud to remove Evian, I do not understand why.Can you help me?Greets,...
  5. remove a child in family safety

remove a child in family safety: I can't remove my child from the family safety in Microsoft.The e-mailadress from my child is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** e-mailadres is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** am not aloud to remove Evian, I do not understand why.Can you help me?Greets,...
  6. How do I lock my child's PC thru Family Safety?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I lock my child's PC thru Family Safety?: How do I lock my child's PC thru Family Safety? 'Screen time' allows me to set times for both thier PC and Xbox and even put the devices on the same schedule. 'Lock devices' shows only the XBox however.Why is their PC not shown as device to lock???...
  7. How do I lock my child's PC thru Family Safety?

How do I lock my child's PC thru Family Safety?: How do I lock my child's PC thru Family Safety? 'Screen time' allows me to set times for both thier PC and Xbox and even put the devices on the same schedule. 'Lock devices' shows only the XBox however.Why is their PC not shown as device to lock???...
  8. I cant add my child in family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant add my child in family safety: HelloAfter contacting Microsoft support in April 2022, because I was unable to add my child's account to my family safety groupAnd my child cannot access his account, because each time he tried to access it, the site asked for parental authorization And each time we proceed...
  9. I cant add my child in family safety

I cant add my child in family safety: HelloAfter contacting Microsoft support in April 2022, because I was unable to add my child's account to my family safety groupAnd my child cannot access his account, because each time he tried to access it, the site asked for parental authorization And each time we proceed...
  10. Family Safety - my child has figured out how to Circumvent the Family Safety controls

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety - my child has figured out how to Circumvent the Family Safety controls: My 10 year old is circumventing the Family Saftey controls altogether. What he does is reboots his laptop and right as soon as his PC is booting up, he is clicking on the applications that I have blocked in Family Safety. By clicking on these icons repeatedly right on...