Windows 10: How do I lock my computer but keep background application running ?

Discus and support How do I lock my computer but keep background application running ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I run multiple instances of blue stacks to emulate games, was wondering how to stop my pc from shutting everything down while in sleep mode? I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hunnit_donn, Jan 2, 2020.

1. How do I lock my computer but keep background application running ?

I run multiple instances of blue stacks to emulate games, was wondering how to stop my pc from shutting everything down while in sleep mode?

I want the programs to run while I am away but I have many family members that may seek to invade my privacy. Anyone have an idea?

submitted by /u/hunnit_donn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hunnit_donn, Jan 2, 2020

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 2, 2020
  4. How do I lock my computer but keep background application running ?

How do windows run background apps after lock system?

Hi Kim,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in answering the question.

I would like to inform you that new Windows 10 apps have permission to run in the background so they can update their live tiles, fetch new data, and receive notifications:

Follow the steps below and check:

• Open Settings or Press Windows + I keys
    • Go to privacy
    • Click on Background apps.
    • locate the desktop app and slide it to off.
    • You can do this for individual apps.
    If you want to add app in the lock screen follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn on notifications in PC Settings. (This should be on by default.)

• Open the Settings Charm.
    • Tap or click Change PC settings.
    • Tap or click Notifications.
    • Slide the Show app notifications and Show app notifications on the lock screen switches to On.

Step 2: Add the app to lock screen notifications

• Open the Settings charm.
    • Tap or click Change PC settings.
    • Tap or click Personalize.
    • In the right pane, with the Lock screen tab selected, under Choose apps to run in the background… tap or click one of the “plus” symbols and select the app.
    Then under Choose an app to display detailed status, tap or click the icon beneath it and select the app.

Check if it helps.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

How do I lock my computer but keep background application running ?

1. How do I lock my computer but keep background application running ? - Similar Threads - lock computer keep

2. How to keep a windows application running in background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep a windows application running in background?: I have a gateway server application that needs login to start every time i close it. So how do i keep it running in background after closing the app as i need that application running all the time without closing. Any scripts can be used for solution....
  3. How to keep a windows application running in background?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to keep a windows application running in background?: I have a gateway server application that needs login to start every time i close it. So how do i keep it running in background after closing the app as i need that application running all the time without closing. Any scripts can be used for solution....
  4. How to keep a windows application running in background?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I move the background running application icon to a system tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I move the background running application icon to a system tray: How do I move these icons to a system tray or just a simple tray where there is a arrow to see all these icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-the-background-running-application/ba0e0585-435b-4647-a5f5-eb50a6c208b9
  6. How to keep a game running in the background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to keep a game running in the background: Some games w/e I alt-tab out, the game completely stops all rendering and sound Right now I want to stream Friday Night Funkin' It's a music game, so it's really awkward when tabbing out and everything just stops It's really annoying when making sure the stream is ok...
  7. Application running as a background process.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application running as a background process.: I am trying to use JDA Space Planning Plus. Yesterday it was working just fine, then a random restart on my Windows 10 PC happened. Now when I try to run the program, no window opens. When I open the task manager, it is taking up significant CPU and memory running as a...
  8. My computer is locked. How do I unlock it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer is locked. How do I unlock it.: When I turn my computer on what looks like a padlock shows up on the screen. I think I was scammed. How do I go about unlocking my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-computer-is-locked-how-do-i-unlock-it/4ed65c6f-358d-4eec-898d-e7eba6ac8619
  9. How do I keep my background from changing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I keep my background from changing?: I wanted to change my desktop image so I did, but when I came back the next morning the image that I chose was replaced with a random picture. This is not really a big deal, I just have to change it again but it's annoying when I have to change it back everyday. How can I fix...
  10. how do i keep my password in lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do i keep my password in lock screen: I want to know how to get lock screen to stop asking for my password and keep password so I dont have to sign in all the time? morna https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-keep-my-password-in-lock-screen/4255492f-3314-48a1-b3a5-5da8c36f0c24

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keep the app running in the background when the screen is locked window 10

2. lock computer screen still running