Windows 10: How do I lock number of lines the wheel scrolls?

Discus and support How do I lock number of lines the wheel scrolls? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I lock the number of lines the wheel scrolls. I want to reset the default (11 lines) but when I reset it - default kicks back in after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RoselleHaas, Apr 21, 2019.

1. How do I lock number of lines the wheel scrolls?

How can I lock the number of lines the wheel scrolls. I want to reset the default (11 lines) but when I reset it - default kicks back in after a while.

I have this problem when I am on line viewing a page - like when I am reading my e-mail or filling out a form.

I have Miscrosoft Office 365 ProPlus

I try to reset the default by going into my laptop

Settings

Devices

Mouse

Choose How Many lines to scroll each time (roll the wheel)

It seems the default is set to 11 lines - that is WAY to many lines when I am attending to carefully reading a page. I want to reset the default to 4 (four) lines.

I sometimes need to reset this 3-4 times a day. I don't know why it flips back to default when I have been using my laptop all day. It's not like I shut is off and turned it on after a few hours - so it is rebooting when I turn it on.

:)

RoselleHaas, Apr 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Waka Win User
    Jumpy scrolling with mouse wheel

Check your mouse wheel settings to make sure switch the number of scroll lines to the default 3 lines as below:

How do I lock number of lines the wheel scrolls? x9zrm.png

4. Paul_JG Win User

How do I lock number of lines the wheel scrolls?

Scroll wheel intermittant scrolling up

I can scroll down continuously but when I try to scroll up (towards the top of the page by pushing the wheel away from me) using the scroll wheel the page moves up a little then stops. When I continue to scroll up the page does not move. If I scroll down
    then up the page may move up a few lines then stops. I see this in Firefox and Edge and Excel. I see a similar response in a graphics program that zooms the window using the scroll wheel. I believe this has started in the last month or so.

Paul_JG, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

How do I lock number of lines the wheel scrolls?

1. How do I lock number of lines the wheel scrolls? - Similar Threads - lock number lines

2. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scroll Wheel: If i press the mouse button it goes into like a auto scroll wheel mode where my cursor turns into a little ball with two arrows one under it pointing down one over it pointing up and a circle around it how do i disable this because it activates even when im scrolling...
  3. Deactivate Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deactivate Scroll Wheel: Hello,I have an very old server running on VNC. The server predates mouse wheels and crashes completely if someone attempts to scroll. Multiple people use the server and every other month I need to restart it. due the issue. Which takes a while and stops a couple of processes...
  4. Deactivate Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deactivate Scroll Wheel: Hello,I have an very old server running on VNC. The server predates mouse wheels and crashes completely if someone attempts to scroll. Multiple people use the server and every other month I need to restart it. due the issue. Which takes a while and stops a couple of processes...
  5. Deactivate Scroll Wheel

6. how do I adjust automatic line scrolling?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I adjust automatic line scrolling?: In ACDSee32 I encountered viscious automatic line scrolling is there a feature in Windows 10 to adjust this feature when left clicking in order to select a group of files?...
  7. Scroll wheel rubberbanding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scroll wheel rubberbanding: Since yesterday my scrolling experience in all of Windows 10 has been absolutely awful. Suddenly every scroll is rubberbanding; sort of bouncing back up or not registering, and it makes scrolling an absolute nightmare. Any clues, anyone? submitted by /u/coIox [link]...
  8. how do i fix my jumpy scroll wheel ?

how do i fix my jumpy scroll wheel ?: my wireless mouse had been scrolling on its own and scrolling erratically. the issue persists when connected to my brother's computer, so it's not an issue with my device. i bought a brand new mouse and just connected it about ten minutes ago and had the exact same issue, so...
  9. Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scroll Wheel: Hey, guys, I have an issue with scroll wheels. It's virtually our entire company. When myself and they scroll using the scroll wheel, the page that is being scrolled bounces some what. You'll go down, down, bounce up, down, bounce up a bit. Its not a smooth scrolling action....
  10. no scroll wheel in mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no scroll wheel in mail: Understand first that I am talking about the mail program that comes built in to Windows 10. Understand also that there is nothing wrong with my mouse or with its operation in any other program. Finally, understand that my mouse can move the elevator bars in windows 10 to...