Windows 10: How do I lock the function keys?

Discus and support How do I lock the function keys? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I just had a quick question. Some games I play require the press of F1-12 keys, although I always have to hold down the Fn key to make them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/XenoGamer27, Dec 7, 2019.

1. How do I lock the function keys?

Hi all, I just had a quick question. Some games I play require the press of F1-12 keys, although I always have to hold down the Fn key to make them work. Is there any way to lock the F1-12 keys so I don't have to press that Fn button? I commonly see people refer to Fn+Esc, but that doesn't seem to work for me. For reference, I'm on a Lenovo Ideapad L340.

submitted by /u/XenoGamer27
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/XenoGamer27, Dec 7, 2019
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Rotation lock key is not functioning

Since the Rotation lock is still grayed out, our next step is to uninstall/Update your display driver. To uninstall your your drivers, you can do the following:

• Press the Windows and X key on your keyboard and click on
      Device Manager
    • On the Device Manager window, click on the Display adapter drop-down.
    • Right-click the driver and choose uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.

If it is the same, update the said driver by following these steps:

• Go Back to the Display adapter drop down in Device Manager.
    • Locate your display adapter driver, right-click and choose
      Update Driver Software

We would also suggest that you go to your device manufacturer's website and download the latest driver for your device.

For further queries, feel free to post back.

Jay Jap, Dec 7, 2019
  3. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Dec 7, 2019
  4. How do I lock the function keys?

Functions keys work as intended

Hi dangnad2.

Found this. Would suggest Lock mode Enabled/Secondary needs to be enable or checked.

How do I lock the function keys? [​IMG]

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

How do I lock the function keys?

1. How do I lock the function keys? - Similar Threads - lock function keys

2. how do i disable the function keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i disable the function keys?: i am gaming and i need to do something with those keys and i cant because of the function that each key has https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-function-keys/71cb776f-6e85-4a46-b602-57ad168645c4
  3. how do i disable the function keys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i disable the function keys?: i am gaming and i need to do something with those keys and i cant because of the function that each key has https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-function-keys/71cb776f-6e85-4a46-b602-57ad168645c4
  4. how do i disable the function keys?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I lock my f function keys on my keyboard without “fn lock” button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I lock my f function keys on my keyboard without “fn lock” button?: Hello,I just purchased a Onn wireless keyboard from Walmart. My issue is I’m trying to lock my f functions keys, but there is no “fn lock” button on this particular keyboard only “fn” button. Can someone advise me of a workaround for this issue?Thanks in Advance!...
  6. How do i disable the function keys completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i disable the function keys completely: i want to disable function keys, i tried every combination of FN and nothing works, can i just disable function keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-function-keys-completely/1aa408b7-2e5c-425a-bdce-3d8a8bfd6c13
  7. How do i disable the function keys completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i disable the function keys completely: i want to disable function keys, i tried every combination of FN and nothing works, can i just disable function keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-function-keys-completely/1aa408b7-2e5c-425a-bdce-3d8a8bfd6c13
  8. How do I toggle the function keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I toggle the function keys: I'm playing a game on my laptop that requires me to use the function keys but on my laptop they have secondary functions like brightness, sound, etc. Is there a way I can disable these secondary functions? submitted by /u/FlauntyPack56 [link] [comments]...
  9. Function key lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function key lock: So I've tried the holding fn and shift or fn and caps but nothing happens. I'm playing game and I need the function keys so I dont have to keep pressing FN then f1-f12. My keyboard has no fn lock button....
  10. How do I change the function key setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I change the function key setting: How do I change the function keys on my HP Envy Laptop - Windows 10, so that I do not have to hit fn key each time I wish to use the F2, F3, or F4...functions. Currently, the keyboard is setup to adjust brightness, volume, sound etc. Any suggestions would be helpful....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp envy fn lock

2. how to change fn to f1 - f2 lenovo l340

3. F1 - F12 keys lenovo l340