Windows 10: How do I lock the narrator cursor?

Discus and support How do I lock the narrator cursor? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want the narrator to stay in the box where my math question is so that I can type it somewhere else. When I put it to read the exercise and click to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PiTiKiDBB, Apr 4, 2023.

1. PiTiKiDBB Win User

How do I lock the narrator cursor?

I want the narrator to stay in the box where my math question is so that I can type it somewhere else. When I put it to read the exercise and click to type somewhere else it changes tabs. I want to lock the narrator on that tab and section, any ideas? The goal is to type exercises as the narrator reads them to meI turned off Move my text cursor with the Narrator cursor as Narrator reads text, Sync the Narrator cursor and system focus, and Read and interact with the screen using the mouse. None of those worked.

:)

PiTiKiDBB, Apr 4, 2023
  2. Arul_D Win User

Are there any other voices for Narrator in the Ease of Access in Windows 10?

Hi Melody,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type narrator in the search bar and press enter.

• Click on voices

• And select find other voices that work with Narrator.
    Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Apr 4, 2023
  3. Sern Lee Win User
    Narrator cause mention pop out feature doesn't work correctly

Hi, currently I have encounter an issue that with Narrator turn on, the website @ mention feature is unable to work correctly.
    This issue also able to reproduce in microsoft team web version (Checking your credentials...), google sheet and etc.

Step to reproduce:
    1. Open narrator
    2. Open microsoft team in web version
    3. In any group chat, type '@'.

4. A suggestion list will popup.

5. Unable to continue key in any text to filter the suggestion list. Narrator will voice 'unavailable' upon key press.

p/s: It seems like Narrator will auto focus on the popup suggestion list option which have been implemented with aria-selected='true' and cause the input key no longer working.

Kindly let me know if there is any suggestion or finding on the issue above. Thanks.

Sern Lee, Apr 4, 2023
  4. How do I lock the narrator cursor?

narrator

Hi,

To isolate the concern, please answer the following questions:

• Which version of operating system (OS) build is currently installed on your phone?
    • How long you've been having this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot showing the icon or tiles that is circle while the Narrator is turn on and turn off?

For your reference, you may visit this link on how to use Narrator on Windows Mobile.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Dennis Zac, Apr 4, 2023
Thema:

How do I lock the narrator cursor?

1. How do I lock the narrator cursor? - Similar Threads - lock narrator cursor

2. How do I lock the narrator cursor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I lock the narrator cursor?: I want the narrator to stay in the box where my math question is so that I can type it somewhere else. When I put it to read the exercise and click to type somewhere else it changes tabs. I want to lock the narrator on that tab and section, any ideas? The goal is to type...
  3. Cursor not locking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor not locking: My mouse cursor isn't locking into the game window, if I flick my mouse it leaves the game window... I've looked it up and the only thing I can find are dual screen fixes and I don't use dual screens, I use a laptop. I don't know anything about tech so I'm stuck...
  4. How to fix cursor lock

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix cursor lock: I have two monitors for my pc and when gaming, my cursor becomes locked into the monitor the game is running on. I have to press the windows key or tab out of the game to free my cursor into the other monitor. Any fixes for this? submitted by /u/redisntactuallyit [link]...
  5. How do I turn off the Narrator feature?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off the Narrator feature?: How do I turn OFF the Narrator feature? * Original title: Narrator funtion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-narrator-feature/c4b997bd-720e-4f7a-a784-6eb0289db2f0
  6. How do I remove Narrator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove Narrator in Windows 10: How do I remove Narrator in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-remove-narrator-in-windows-10/05126ed7-2ebd-4af7-8189-29187a66b292
  7. Change Narrator Cursor Navigation Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Narrator Cursor Navigation Mode in Windows 10: How to: Change Narrator Cursor Navigation Mode in Windows 10 How to Change Narrator Cursor Navigation Mode in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if...
  8. Narrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Narrator: I'm surprised that searching for "narrator" returns no matches at all in this forum. So I guess I'm the first Windows 10 Home user to have the narrator come on when I don't want it. I eventually figured out how to turn it off that one time. It isn't easy to do. I'd like to...
  9. Customize Narrator Cursor Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Narrator Cursor Settings in Windows 10: How to: Customize Narrator Cursor Settings in Windows 10 How to Customize Narrator Cursor Settings in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if youre blind...
  10. WIndows decided to narrate everything I do. :\

in Windows 10 Support
    WIndows decided to narrate everything I do. :\: Took me quite a while to realize that I accidentally pressed Windows + Enter. This is quite a frustrating feature, and I don't really see how people are going to use it. What do you think about this feature ? 4645