Windows 10: How do I lock the view? Can I?

Discus and support How do I lock the view? Can I? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is a simple question, I hope, but it comes down to hidden files. Hidden files are all well and good but are also simple enough to bypass, anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RandomTravellerSJ, Jul 10, 2020.

1. How do I lock the view? Can I?

This is a simple question, I hope, but it comes down to hidden files. Hidden files are all well and good but are also simple enough to bypass, anyone one who has a minor inkling of what they are doing can simply change the view to include them. Same goes for changing something to a system file for added ambiguity. However, if there were some way to lock the view, in other words making it so that no one can change it to view hidden files, the problem would vanish. Whether it be locked behind a password or simply a .bat file that is designed to make hidden files unseen constantly not sure how you'd pull that off but its not like I'm and expert with .bat files so what do I know. Basically any advice or ideas regarding this, even drastic ones like removing the ability to view hidden files from the windows explorer code would be helpful to me. Thank you if you help me with this.

:)

RandomTravellerSJ, Jul 10, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 10, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Jacee Win User

How do I lock the view? Can I?

Is there any Browser locking software to lock down browsers?

Read this about Firefox ....... How do I lock my Firefox browser?

Steps To Lock Mozilla Firefox With A Password

• Open Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools -> Add-ons.
    • An Add-ons window will appear with a search box. ...
    • At the top of all, you will see Master Password+ add-on. ...
    • After installing, it will ask you to restart the browser.
    • After restarting, you will see a lock icon in the address bar.
    Nov 24, 2018

How To Lock Mozilla Firefox And Chrome With A password ...

https://www.techuntold.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener">

Jacee, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

How do I lock the view? Can I?

1. How do I lock the view? Can I? - Similar Threads - lock view

2. I am unable to view my bitlocker keys on my Microsft account and I am locked out of my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to view my bitlocker keys on my Microsft account and I am locked out of my device: I cannot view my Bitlocker Recovery Keys on my Microsoft account. It has been like this for 4 days. I spoke to support and they told me I would have to wait for this bug to fix itself. I just wanted to bring this to the attention of more people in the hope that it may be...
  3. I am unable to view my bitlocker keys on my Microsft account and I am locked out of my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to view my bitlocker keys on my Microsft account and I am locked out of my device: I cannot view my Bitlocker Recovery Keys on my Microsoft account. It has been like this for 4 days. I spoke to support and they told me I would have to wait for this bug to fix itself. I just wanted to bring this to the attention of more people in the hope that it may be...
  4. I am unable to view my bitlocker keys on my Microsft account and I am locked out of my device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...: HiI run Windows 11 on my personal computer, using my email to log in as the admin user. There are other standard user accounts for my family members. I attempted to revoke access to one of my hard drives for these users by denying all permissions for authenticated users. I...
  6. Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...

Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...: HiI run Windows 11 on my personal computer, using my email to log in as the admin user. There are other standard user accounts for my family members. I attempted to revoke access to one of my hard drives for these users by denying all permissions for authenticated users. I...
  7. my lock view won't lock.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my lock view won't lock.: my lock view won't lock. screen slides all over the place. I reinstalled = nada https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lock-view-wont-lock/893471a9-60c6-4a9c-9919-8877229d78b6
  8. my lock view won't lock.

my lock view won't lock.: my lock view won't lock. screen slides all over the place. I reinstalled = nada https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lock-view-wont-lock/893471a9-60c6-4a9c-9919-8877229d78b6
  9. Locked Out of Laptop / Unable to View Bitlocker Encryption Key Due to Outdated Multi-Factor...

Locked Out of Laptop / Unable to View Bitlocker Encryption Key Due to Outdated Multi-Factor...: Hello Team,My HP laptop recently updated, and whatever changes it underwent require me to input the Bitlocker Encryption Key. I logged into to my Microsoft account on my phone to retrieve this information, but was asked to send a code to one of my verification options. I...
  10. Locked Out of Laptop / Unable to View Bitlocker Encryption Key Due to Outdated Multi-Factor...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked Out of Laptop / Unable to View Bitlocker Encryption Key Due to Outdated Multi-Factor...: Hello Team,My HP laptop recently updated, and whatever changes it underwent require me to input the Bitlocker Encryption Key. I logged into to my Microsoft account on my phone to retrieve this information, but was asked to send a code to one of my verification options. I...