Windows 10: How do I log into my Administrator account without admin privileges?

Discus and support How do I log into my Administrator account without admin privileges? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've tried to log in to my administrator account/use administrator privileges, but every password I use says it's incorrect, even just after I reset my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kham132, Dec 10, 2020.

1. How do I log into my Administrator account without admin privileges?

I've tried to log in to my administrator account/use administrator privileges, but every password I use says it's incorrect, even just after I reset my Microsoft account's password.

Trying to to activate the built-in Admin account through the Control panel leads to an "Access is denied" message, and trying to change the User Account settings through the Control Panel requires the Administrator password, which I previously mentioned says it's incorrect no matter what I use.

What else can I do with the limited non-admin privileges I have?

submitted by /u/kham132
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kham132, Dec 10, 2020
  2. ad5md Win User

Need help with Admin privileges

That's what puzzles me, I am logged-in as (my username) but still won't give me admin privileges. I checked under control panel/users amd it shows me as a local account. Tried to right click on CMD prompt but the "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" doesn't show up

ad5md, Dec 10, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 10, 2020
  4. How do I log into my Administrator account without admin privileges?

Windows 10 PC not recognizing administrator privileges.

Hi Jade,

Damages within the components of your user profile can be one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with using its administrator privileges. To troubleshoot this concern, we suggest creating a new admin user profile. To be able to create
    a new administrator user profile, you would need to enable the built-in administrator in your Windows 10 device.

To enable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• Using Search type CMD to open the Command Prompt. Right click on CMD then choose Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type net user administrator /active:yes and then hit the Enter key.
    • You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out the user profile you are currently using, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice on the login screen.
    • Using the built-in administrator account, create a new admin user profile.
    • Check if the same issue persists.

Note: The built-in administrator account has more privileges than a regular administrator account. Privileges that can easily generate a conflict on your system. We only recommend enabling the built-in administrator account for troubleshooting purposes and
    you have to disable it once you are done.

To disable the built-in administrator account, access the Command Prompt with administrator privileges. Type the command
    net user administrator /active:no and then hit the Enter key. The built-in administrator account will now be disabled, and shouldn’t show up on the login screen.

Update us with the results.

Darleen Pen, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

How do I log into my Administrator account without admin privileges?

1. How do I log into my Administrator account without admin privileges? - Similar Threads - log Administrator account

2. How do I disable the keyboard without admin privileges from my guest account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I disable the keyboard without admin privileges from my guest account: My cat slept on the keyboard of my laptop and now the letter p is continuously typing. I can't sign in under the admin account because it wants me to type ABC123 because I guess too many attempts while my cat was on it. I can get into my guest account and device control with...
  3. How do I disable the keyboard without admin privileges from my guest account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable the keyboard without admin privileges from my guest account: My cat slept on the keyboard of my laptop and now the letter p is continuously typing. I can't sign in under the admin account because it wants me to type ABC123 because I guess too many attempts while my cat was on it. I can get into my guest account and device control with...
  4. How do I disable the keyboard without admin privileges from my guest account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I reinstate admin privileges for Windows 10 User without having admin privileges?

How do I reinstate admin privileges for Windows 10 User without having admin privileges?: I mistakenly set up a new machine with a Microsoft account instead of a local user, so I created a new local user in the computer management screen and added that user to the admin group, but when I returned to account settings screen, there was no option to "switch to a...
  6. How do I reinstate admin privileges for Windows 10 User without having admin privileges?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I reinstate admin privileges for Windows 10 User without having admin privileges?: I mistakenly set up a new machine with a Microsoft account instead of a local user, so I created a new local user in the computer management screen and added that user to the admin group, but when I returned to account settings screen, there was no option to "switch to a...
  7. How to enable administrator account without admin privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable administrator account without admin privileges: Hi, I changed my administrator account password and removed my standard user account from administrators group. However I didn't know that administrator account was disabled and now I have no admin privileges. When I try to open something as admin, the UAC shows but there is...
  8. How to enable administrator account without admin privileges

How to enable administrator account without admin privileges: Hi, I changed my administrator account password and removed my standard user account from administrators group. However I didn't know that administrator account was disabled and now I have no admin privileges. When I try to open something as admin, the UAC shows but there is...
  9. How to enable administrator account without admin privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Create Admin account without Admin privileges

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create Admin account without Admin privileges: I purchased a laptop from my high school because i need it for homework at home as a personal computer but i cant do much with the laptop because i dont have access to the administrator account, i checked and there is no administrator account on it, it hasnt been disabled...