Windows 10: How do I log into Windows after I have already changed my Microsoft Account's password?

Discus and support How do I log into Windows after I have already changed my Microsoft Account's password? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows is still telling me that it does not recognize my password. I have already changed the password a couple of times and the computer still... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RobertoMunoz-Alicea, Apr 14, 2022.

1. How do I log into Windows after I have already changed my Microsoft Account's password?

Windows is still telling me that it does not recognize my password. I have already changed the password a couple of times and the computer still doesn't let me log in.

:)

RobertoMunoz-Alicea, Apr 14, 2022

2. How to change the login password for the account?

Hi Gregor,

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are logging into the computer with Microsoft account.

If you are using the Microsoft account to log in, I would like to inform you that it is not possible to sign into Windows without the password.

If you would like to change the password for the Microsoft Account, I suggest you to refer to the link provided below and check if that helps.

Change or reset your Windows password

If you would like to change the password for the local account, please follow the below steps:

• Press "Windows" and now the Start Menu will appear, click on your account on the top, and then select
      "Change account settings".

• You may also select
      "Settings"
      on the Start Menu, click "Accounts" to open the Accounts settings.

• Choose "Sign-in options" on the left panel, and then click on
      "Change" button below Password on the right panel.

• Now Enter your current password and click on
      "Next" to continue.

• Enter and reenter your new password, and enter the password hint, and then click on
      "Next" to modify your user local account password.
    However, you may create a local account/user account and use that account to sign in, so that it will not ask you for the password when signing in.

Once you have created a local account, Please follow the below steps, if you would like sign in to a user account without password.

• Press Windows +
      R.
    • Type netplwiz.exe
    • Uncheck this box “Users must enter a username and password to use this computer” and press apply.
    • Automatically sign in password box prompts. Write your Password twice and press OK.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 14, 2022
Thema:

How do I log into Windows after I have already changed my Microsoft Account's password?

1. How do I log into Windows after I have already changed my Microsoft Account's password? - Similar Threads - log already changed

2. How do I log into my Microsoft account? All Microsoft Passwords do not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I log into my Microsoft account? All Microsoft Passwords do not work.: I have a new, well reconditioned but new to me, laptop which I set up easily enough logging into my windows account using my phone through the authenticator app. I have a Dell Precision 7730 with 64.0 gb of ram, running Windows 11 Pro 23H2 OS build 226352921After a while...
  3. How do I log into my Microsoft account? All Microsoft Passwords do not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I log into my Microsoft account? All Microsoft Passwords do not work.: I have a new, well reconditioned but new to me, laptop which I set up easily enough logging into my windows account using my phone through the authenticator app. I have a Dell Precision 7730 with 64.0 gb of ram, running Windows 11 Pro 23H2 OS build 226352921After a while...
  4. Windows 10 How do I reset my local account password when already logged in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 How do I reset my local account password when already logged in?: I am logged in to my local account on my Windows 10 computer. I have forgotten my current password, none of the 20+ ones I've tried work. I need to change my password, but when I go to Settings -> Sign-in options -> Password -> Change, it prompts me for my current password...
  5. Windows 10 How do I reset my local account password when already logged in?

Windows 10 How do I reset my local account password when already logged in?: I am logged in to my local account on my Windows 10 computer. I have forgotten my current password, none of the 20+ ones I've tried work. I need to change my password, but when I go to Settings -> Sign-in options -> Password -> Change, it prompts me for my current password...
  6. Windows 10 How do I reset my local account password when already logged in?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. How do I change my computers password to log into my Windows 10 account

How do I change my computers password to log into my Windows 10 account: Split from this thread.How do I actually contact a person at microsoft about my accountHow do I change my computers password to log into my Windows 10 account...
  8. How do I log into Windows after I have already changed my Microsoft Account's password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I log into Windows after I have already changed my Microsoft Account's password?: Windows is still telling me that it does not recognize my password. I have already changed the password a couple of times and the computer still doesn't let me log in....
  9. How do I log into Windows after I have already changed my Microsoft Account's password?

How do I log into Windows after I have already changed my Microsoft Account's password?: Windows is still telling me that it does not recognize my password. I have already changed the password a couple of times and the computer still doesn't let me log in....
  10. I have logged in to my Microsoft account and changed the password but can’t log on to my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have logged in to my Microsoft account and changed the password but can’t log on to my...: My windows laptop shows up as a device on my microsoft account, but I cant log on to my laptop using my microsoft password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-logged-in-to-my-microsoft-account-and/7b606d9e-a86f-46e9-9d93-9b79a9e989d0