Windows 10: How do I log out of Microsoft and switch to a local account?

Discus and support How do I log out of Microsoft and switch to a local account? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm currently signed in as admin on my device with a Microsoft account, but I want to log out. There is no visible option for me to switch, and many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by guo0O0o, Sep 26, 2018.

1. guo0O0o Win User

How do I log out of Microsoft and switch to a local account?

I'm currently signed in as admin on my device with a Microsoft account, but I want to log out. There is no visible option for me to switch, and many solutions on other threads don't exist for me. How do I switch?

:)

guo0O0o, Sep 26, 2018
  2. DarWun Win User

Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

I already identified that I had tried this, and that it did not allow me to switch back to the original Local Account. The Microsoft Account hijacked the User Name of the original Local Account. When I click "Sign in With a Local Account instead" and enter
    the original User Name, Windows 10 won't proceed. The only way to get back to a Local Account is enter a new User Name.

DarWun, Sep 26, 2018
  3. Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can log into your computer using the Local Account.

• On the Search Bar type “User Account”.
      • On the right menu pane locate and click “Make changes to my account in this PC”.
      • Then locate and click on “Sign in With a Local Account instead”.
      • And follow on screen instructions.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 26, 2018
  4. How do I log out of Microsoft and switch to a local account?

Unable to switch account from local to Microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Please convert to Local account and back to Microsoft Account. To switch to a local account, please follow the below steps.

To switch to a local account.

Press “Windows + I” keys to open settings.

Select Change PC settings.

Select Users.

On the right side, it will show your current account with an option "Switch to a local account”.

Select “switch to a local account” and follow the steps to switch your Microsoft account into a local account. Once this is done your Microsoft account is safe and not linked with that computer anymore.

To convert a local account to Microsoft Account you may try these steps:

From the “Change PC settings” screen, tap or click Users.

Tap or click Switch to a Microsoft account and follow the instructions.

Also, check for pending updates and install them.

Please let us know if the issue persists or you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet_Paul, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

How do I log out of Microsoft and switch to a local account?

1. How do I log out of Microsoft and switch to a local account? - Similar Threads - log Microsoft switch

2. how do i sign out of local pc account back into microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i sign out of local pc account back into microsoft account: I added a local user account to my pc and doing this removed my user account from the computer. the added user is now administrator and I can not switch out of her user account...
  3. how do i sign out of local pc account back into microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i sign out of local pc account back into microsoft account: I added a local user account to my pc and doing this removed my user account from the computer. the added user is now administrator and I can not switch out of her user account...
  4. How i can switch from microsoft account to local account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How i can switch from microsoft account to local account?: Hi guys how i can swith microsoft account to local accont in windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-switch-from-microsoft-account-to-local/d849f2ad-92b8-4436-ad78-97f4b41c7221
  5. How to log out of local account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to log out of local account?: I recently bought a pc from apparently a shady dealer. I used it a bit, it was all fine and then it said activate windows in the bottom right corner. I went to settings/accounts and it said Im logged into a local account. I called him up and he suggested I download some shady...
  6. how do i switch from a microsoft account to a local account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how do i switch from a microsoft account to a local account: microsoft store hijacked my accountall the tutorials say to press a button in settings but they removed it in a newer update for some reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-from-a-microsoft-account-to-a/f2bdb168-1e93-407e-8e4e-5874203a1272
  7. How do I switch the microsoft account for my user? There's no option to switch to a local...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I switch the microsoft account for my user? There's no option to switch to a local...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lophlo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kluvix/how_do_i_switch_the_microsoft_account_for_my_user/
  8. Switched to Local Account and Can't Log In

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switched to Local Account and Can't Log In: Trying to switch from one Microsoft account to another on laptop. Went through set up as local user, typed in password 2x and hint. Went to next steps as screen instructed. Tried to log in under local user and password wont work. How can I get back in and sign in with my...
  9. Can't log out of local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't log out of local account: For a couple months I've had a single account without password protection - never had to purposefully log out - just shut down. I added another account a couple days ago. Now the PC hangs up with a blank screen for about 5 minutes when I try to log out. Eventually the PC...
  10. How do I log out of my microsoft account on 10?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I log out of my microsoft account on 10?: Hi, as you can see from my user name (and my question come to that) I am totally clueless on a pc. My problem of the minute is that I recently downloaded Windows 10 free version, and needed to re-activate my microsoft account to purchase an app. Sadly (but nothing new for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i swutch from a local acount to my microsoft account to log on to my pc

2. switch to an existing local account

3. windows phone 10 sign out of local account

4. can i. switch from a local account to a microsoft account on windows 10 and back,
  5. can i. switch from a local account to a microsoft account on windows 10