Windows 10: How do I log out of the current Admin account on my new laptop?

Discus and support How do I log out of the current Admin account on my new laptop? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My father has just given me his old laptop, but it is still set up with his Microsoft 365 account. How do I log him out of the machine so that I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tess Blue, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Tess Blue Win User

How do I log out of the current Admin account on my new laptop?

My father has just given me his old laptop, but it is still set up with his Microsoft 365 account. How do I log him out of the machine so that I can get it set up for myself, with my Microsoft 365 account as admin and my own family settings?

:)

Tess Blue, Jan 30, 2023
  2. Solaris17 Win User

System Admin Shenanigans?

No problem chief its pretty simple to do but usually a multi stage process.

Create an admin account using the control panel.

Then log out and log into the new admin account so windows builds it.

Then log back out and log into the super admin account your currently on.

go into your user directory and copy all of your primary user folders copy everything [CTRL+A] and copy them via right click and copy.

then go into your NEW user account and paste and allow overwrite of all the folders and files.

after it is done log into the new account and make sure everything is working correctly. if it is go to your super admin user account folder and delete all of your private data pictures documents etc.

then open up a command prompt as administrator and type the following

net user Administrator /active:no

and hit enter.

Solaris17, Jan 30, 2023
  3. ypoora1 Win User
    System Admin Shenanigans?

Working on it, that's a lotta gigabytes to toss around!

ypoora1, Jan 30, 2023
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

1. How do I log out of the current Admin account on my new laptop? - Similar Threads - log current Admin

2. unknown admin account on my laptop and i am not admin, what do i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unknown admin account on my laptop and i am not admin, what do i do?: I got this lenovo laptop 3 months ago and there is this account on the laptop called "speeder solutions" and it is set to administrator and i'm not, now I cannot download anything since it keeps asking me for the pin of "speeder solutions". at first i tried to reset the...
  3. How do I log out of the current Admin account on my new laptop?

How do I log out of the current Admin account on my new laptop?: My father has just given me his old laptop, but it is still set up with his Microsoft 365 account. How do I log him out of the machine so that I can get it set up for myself, with my Microsoft 365 account as admin and my own family settings?...
  4. How do i log into my local admin window account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i log into my local admin window account?: i already try everything including using netplwiz but it require admin account and password, when i press enter it said 'wrong username or password'. My local admin account also didn't show up at lockscreen....
  5. How do i log into my local admin window account?

How do i log into my local admin window account?: i already try everything including using netplwiz but it require admin account and password, when i press enter it said 'wrong username or password'. My local admin account also didn't show up at lockscreen....
  6. How do i log into my local admin window account?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I log into my Administrator account without admin privileges?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I log into my Administrator account without admin privileges?: I've tried to log in to my administrator account/use administrator privileges, but every password I use says it's incorrect, even just after I reset my Microsoft account's password. Trying to to activate the built-in Admin account through the Control panel leads to an...
  8. How do i log into my admin account and log off the temporary account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i log into my admin account and log off the temporary account?: because my computer syncing isn't working and my files are stuck on my admin account. and not easily accessible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-log-into-my-admin-account-and-log-off-the/88366e4c-90f0-471a-879b-4e927976f5af
  9. How do I create a new Admin account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I create a new Admin account?: I cannot find the password for the Admin account, and when I try to add new software (virus protection, etc.) I am prompted for the password before being allowed to perform the addition or update. PLEASE HELP....
  10. How do I log out of my microsoft account on 10?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I log out of my microsoft account on 10?: Hi, as you can see from my user name (and my question come to that) I am totally clueless on a pc. My problem of the minute is that I recently downloaded Windows 10 free version, and needed to re-activate my microsoft account to purchase an app. Sadly (but nothing new for...