Windows 10: How do I lower the Taskbar's height?

Discus and support How do I lower the Taskbar's height? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I used to be able to adjust the height of my Taskbar - but can't figure out how to do it anymore. I'm hovering my cursor at the top of the Taskbar but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Nisko Win User

How do I lower the Taskbar's height?

I used to be able to adjust the height of my Taskbar - but can't figure out how to do it anymore. I'm hovering my cursor at the top of the Taskbar but the double arrow doesn't show anymore.

:)

Nisko, Aug 16, 2020
  2. David Sz. Win User

Taskbar height/width on the side

I'm using small taskbar buttons and that option changes height only if location of taskbar is bottom or top.

However, thank for answer!

David Sz., Aug 16, 2020
  3. Peachkin Win User
    My taskbar on Windows 10 is now twice the width/height! Grrrr

Hi, tried to alter height of task bar as suggested above, I got the arrow up which you described but it would not move taskbar in anyway. This doesn't effect function but would like it to be narrower again. Have you any suggestions please. thank you in advance.
    OS is Windows 10.

A.Manning

Peachkin, Aug 16, 2020
  4. How do I lower the Taskbar's height?

Taskbar will not increase or decrease height, even when unlocked

I thought one could make the taskbar shorter or taller in Windows 10. But even with taskbar unlocked, when I move the cursor over the taskbar and get the double arrow, I cannot either lift or lower it.

Any suggestions?

Paul Rittman, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

How do I lower the Taskbar's height?

1. How do I lower the Taskbar's height? - Similar Threads - lower Taskbar's height

2. Somehow, my Taskbar doubled in height. How to I reset it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Somehow, my Taskbar doubled in height. How to I reset it?: See the attached image. I have not done any changes and this just appeared. The image spans both of my desktops. I would like to reset the taskbar height on the right desktop down to it's original size....
  3. Somehow, my Taskbar doubled in height. How to I reset it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Somehow, my Taskbar doubled in height. How to I reset it?: See the attached image. I have not done any changes and this just appeared. The image spans both of my desktops. I would like to reset the taskbar height on the right desktop down to it's original size....
  4. how to change the height of the taskbar in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change the height of the taskbar in windows 11: I used to be able to grab the top border of the taskbar and either drag it up or down to change the height of the taskbar. That doesn't seem to work in Windows 11. Am I missing something?...
  5. how to change the height of the taskbar in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change the height of the taskbar in windows 11: I used to be able to grab the top border of the taskbar and either drag it up or down to change the height of the taskbar. That doesn't seem to work in Windows 11. Am I missing something?...
  6. Lower the taskbar height (Win10)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lower the taskbar height (Win10): I want to lower the taskbar height (default is 1 and I want something like 0.6) but not the icons. I want to use the taskbar on the left side, but when I do the wide of it is more than what's necessary. it looks very bad. is there any way to tweak the value from Registry...
  7. Lower the taskbar height (Win10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Lower the taskbar height (Win10): I want to lower the taskbar height (default is 1 and I want something like 0.6) but not the icons. I want to use the taskbar on the left side, but when I do the wide of it is more than what's necessary. it looks very bad. is there any way to tweak the value from Registry...
  8. How to decrease the smallest height of taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to decrease the smallest height of taskbar?: I use my taskbar on my left side of the notebook (it is a surface device) because it eats up less space while drawing or writing. The thing is that even if I am using the "small icons" option, the taskbar is still a little bit too large. So I'm asking: is there a way to...
  9. How do I reduce the height of the taskbar in Windows 10

How do I reduce the height of the taskbar in Windows 10: Hello, How do I reduce the height of the taskbar in Windows 10? It suddenly became about 1 1/2' high. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reduce-the-height-of-the-taskbar-in/49449c8d-c069-46fb-82bd-c0950db01f1f
  10. My Taskbar changed in height, how do I return to it's default

My Taskbar changed in height, how do I return to it's default: see photo below to see how my taskbar looks now. I have no clue what I did, or maybe, didn't do, to make it come up like this. Can someone help me straighten it out to the "default" settings for taskbar? Thank you in advance for any help, Denise [ATTACH]...