Windows 10: How do I make a copy of my old Windows Vista PC to turn into a virtual machine Oracle VM...

Discus and support How do I make a copy of my old Windows Vista PC to turn into a virtual machine Oracle VM... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have a really old Windows Vista PC that is quite close to turning off and never turning back on again, it holds some very important discontinued... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by S.Rose_W01, Feb 15, 2024.

1. How do I make a copy of my old Windows Vista PC to turn into a virtual machine Oracle VM...

Hi,I have a really old Windows Vista PC that is quite close to turning off and never turning back on again, it holds some very important discontinued software that runs a large part of operations I deal with and can't be found or downloaded anywhere else and a license that is PC specific. The company that made the software no longer exists and was bought out and changed hands multiple times and the current company offers no support or information. What would I need to do to essentially save a copy of the entire laptop software, settings, files, file structure, license keys, mac addresses, etc

:)

S.Rose_W01, Feb 15, 2024

2. Oracle VM is not working in Windows10

Hi,

I have the windows8 with windows10 online. Its looks fine but able not able to open the Oracle Virtual Machine. It was working fine in Windows8.1.

I have Important data in Virtual Window as well. Could somebody please advise what I should do?

Oracle VM Virtual Machine Version 4.3.20 Edition

Thanks,

Bhupender

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Bhupender20.2007, Feb 15, 2024
  3. DoanLam Win User
    Windows 10 and Oracle VM virtual box

Hi,

I am facing the same problem, I got the notice it is ready to upgrade to windows 10, however I need to be sure my windows XP - Oracle VM Virtualbox 4.2.28 is compatible with windows 10 if I upgraded to windows 10.

After upgrading, do I need to uninstall the OLD Oracle VM Virtualbox and reinstall the a new version Oracle VM Virtualbox? And what version I should install for free?

Please advise. Thanks

Regards

Doan

DoanLam, Feb 15, 2024
  4. DoanLam Win User

How do I make a copy of my old Windows Vista PC to turn into a virtual machine Oracle VM...

Oracle VM Virtualbox 4.2.28 is compatible with windows 10

Hi,

I am using windows 8.1 64 bit, and Oracle VM Virtual box 4.2.28 to run the windows xp (ie I have two windows in my pc, windows 8.1 to run myob and windows xp to run Dbase Plus, Dos command).

I am considering to upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10, however I need to be sure if Oracle VM virtual box 4.2.28 is compatible with windows 10. If not, what version I should upgrade Virtual box. and what the procedure I need to follow up.

Do I need to do the following:

1.Upgrade the windows 10 first

2. uninstall the old version of Oracle VM Virtual box

3. install a new version of Oracle VM Virtual box

I am sorry, as I don't know much about the computer, we are a small company, a lot of thing we have to figure out by ourselves. Therese your advice and instruction would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Doan

DoanLam, Feb 15, 2024
Thema:

How do I make a copy of my old Windows Vista PC to turn into a virtual machine Oracle VM...

1. How do I make a copy of my old Windows Vista PC to turn into a virtual machine Oracle VM... - Similar Threads - copy old Vista

2. How do I make a copy of my old Windows Vista PC to turn into a virtual machine Oracle VM...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make a copy of my old Windows Vista PC to turn into a virtual machine Oracle VM...: Hi,I have a really old Windows Vista PC that is quite close to turning off and never turning back on again, it holds some very important discontinued software that runs a large part of operations I deal with and can't be found or downloaded anywhere else and a license that is...
  3. How do I disable my virtual machine platform?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable my virtual machine platform?: I am attempting to fully disable my virtual machine platform for a job. I have unchecked all proper boxes in the windows features window and have restarted the machine to apply the changes. However, even as it says it did so successfully, the virtual machine is still enabled....
  4. Attempting to download Windows 10 inside Oracle VM virtual box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Attempting to download Windows 10 inside Oracle VM virtual box: I have successfully installed VM virtual box on my PC and and theoretically I can now run two screens with two keyboard and mouse sets separately. However, when I try downloading Windows 10 within the guest machine, I get the following errors: We couldn't find any drives....
  5. How do i remove Oracle VM VirtualBox from my system???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i remove Oracle VM VirtualBox from my system???: My windows update keeps getting stuck at 25% because it keeps telling me to uninstall something called VirtualBox. Yet after thoroughly scouring my entire PC there is NO SUCH APP installed ANYWHERE on my PC! Im at my wits end here. Ive even tried google the solution and...
  6. I want to make a virtual machine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to make a virtual machine.: Hi, I want to make a virtual machine in Windows 10. I have not made a virtual machine before and I don't know how. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-make-a-virtual-machine/1a0d4a22-85b6-46a3-b038-b9ed7bea2a55
  7. Transferring VM license to Non-Virtual Machine?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring VM license to Non-Virtual Machine?: I have a VM set up on Linux with an activated install of Windows on it. If I decided to get rid of the VM on this computer and simply install Windows bare metal, would I be able to use the same license I bought for the VM since its the same computer physically or would it...
  8. Help needed. My PC won't boot after my mom turned it of when I was using a VM in oracle VM...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help needed. My PC won't boot after my mom turned it of when I was using a VM in oracle VM...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/effective_techer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/emiwnb/help_needed_my_pc_wont_boot_after_my_mom_turned/
  9. Unable To Start Oracle Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable To Start Oracle Virtual Machine: When I was trying to load my virtual machine an error box opened My system info is this: Processor: Intel Celeron GPU: Intel HD Graphics Windows 10 Version: 1903 and I'm also in the Windows Insider Preview Build. Heres what it said: Call to WHvSetupPartition failed:...
  10. Linux VM - Virtual switch - How do I connect from another machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Linux VM - Virtual switch - How do I connect from another machine: Hi there help @Kari please --you must be getting sick of this but thanks really appreciate your time - networking isn't my strong speciality !!! I'll go back to the previous post once I'm all sorted but got a question here ifconfig for the VM shows address as...