Windows 10: how do i make a custom image fit my win. 10 lock screen

Discus and support how do i make a custom image fit my win. 10 lock screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i found a thread in this community dating from 2017 saying i should edit the picture by croping it to lockscreen in the windows app Photo's but its not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by martinvoshart, Nov 21, 2022.

1. how do i make a custom image fit my win. 10 lock screen

i found a thread in this community dating from 2017 saying i should edit the picture by croping it to lockscreen in the windows app Photo's but its not there.the only ratio's avalible are: custom, widescreen, square, 3:2, 4:3, 7:5, 10:8am i missing something? kind regards

:)

martinvoshart, Nov 21, 2022

2. How to make pic fit the lock screen?

Hi Paul,

In order to see your lockscreen wallpapers in full view, the image itself must match with the aspect ratio of your monitor. If the image resolution exceeded the dimension size of your monitor, it would unlikely fit on your monitor screen. You need to edit
    and resize your image until if fits on your screen. To do this, follow the steps below:

Step 1 - Reduce the image size by following these steps:

• Locate the image that you want to set as your lock screen wallpaper.
    • Right-click the image, then click Edit. I will launch
      Paint
    • Click Home.
    • Click Resize. Make sure that Maintain aspect ratio is checked.
    • Reduced the percentage size by changing the Horizontal and Vertical until you determine that it will fit on your lock screen.

how do i make a custom image fit my win. 10 lock screen 9333d37e-25d4-43e3-a62c-969b51a7fb8e.png

Step 2 - Edit the image to fit in your lockscreen by perform the steps below:

• Press Windows + S to open Search Box.
    • Type Photos, then click it to launch this application.
    • Locate the image that you want to edit.
    • Click the image.
    • Press Ctrl + E to start editing.
    • Click Crop.
    • On the top right, click the Aspect ratio menu.
    • Click Lockscreen.
    • Click the check sign to apply changes.
    • Press Ctrl + S to save the image.

There is no shrink or expand image option available in Lockscreen settings since Windows 10 can already automatically resize the image to fit on your screen.

Let us know if the resolution above works for you.

Johann Eva, Nov 21, 2022
  3. Compumind Win User
    Cannot locate custom Lock Screen images in W10 Pro 1809

Success.

Here is the solution, but it is imperative to proceed carefully.
    There are also a couple of final steps that are missing and I had to think about it.

Retrieve Custom Windows 10 Lock Screen Image - Super User

This must be done as Administrator (True Administrator account) -

You must add "Administrator" to the additional fields not listed to get through the permission issues caused by NTFS.

Edit - I'm posting the missing steps:

how do i make a custom image fit my win. 10 lock screen [​IMG]

There's quite a bit going on here, but the important item to understand is that for each "picture" folder, you need to add yourself as Administrator.
    Just click on "Select a principal" and enter Administrator as the Object Name for each folder you wish to gain access to.

Hope this helps. Thanks for your help, Shawn.

Microsoft should not have any user going through this just to find a picture. It is insanity.

*Eek

Compumind, Nov 21, 2022
  4. how do i make a custom image fit my win. 10 lock screen

LOCK SCREEN: Can custom photos used by centered?

Hi ORR. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, specializing in Installation, Performance, Troubleshooting and Activation, here to help you.

You can crop them yourself so they aren't distorted by the Lock Screen, but they can't be centered like Desktop Backgrounds > Choose a fit.

See here How to custom-fit your images for the lock screen with Windows 10's Photos app:

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/custom-fit...

If you want to suggest this to Microsoft you can use the Feedback Hub app in Start Menu where developers are tasked to process consumer feedback and may interact with you. But Microsoft will not even see it here because this is a tech forums where we are mostly volunteers trying to help solve your problems.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions. Please report back results for all steps given so I know what else to suggest if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Nov 21, 2022
Thema:

how do i make a custom image fit my win. 10 lock screen

1. how do i make a custom image fit my win. 10 lock screen - Similar Threads - custom image fit

2. Finding my customer lock screen image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding my customer lock screen image: Some years ago I got an extra wide monitor. I found an image I liked, and made it the background when the system is locked. That was at least a couple of generations of Windows ago. I have thousands upon thousands of jpeg files on the computer. I would like to find the jpeg...
  3. Finding my customer lock screen image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finding my customer lock screen image: Some years ago I got an extra wide monitor. I found an image I liked, and made it the background when the system is locked. That was at least a couple of generations of Windows ago. I have thousands upon thousands of jpeg files on the computer. I would like to find the jpeg...
  4. How do i change my lock screen image?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i change my lock screen image?: I have a user account. I had changed my lock screen image so many time, but still it shows the windows wallpapers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-lock-screen-image/62d2eafa-564f-41fb-9a1f-3ec742decf14
  5. how do i make a custom image fit my win. 10 lock screen

how do i make a custom image fit my win. 10 lock screen: i found a thread in this community dating from 2017 saying i should edit the picture by croping it to lockscreen in the windows app Photo's but its not there.the only ratio's avalible are: custom, widescreen, square, 3:2, 4:3, 7:5, 10:8am i missing something? kind regards...
  6. how do i make a custom image fit my win. 10 lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do i make a custom image fit my win. 10 lock screen: i found a thread in this community dating from 2017 saying i should edit the picture by croping it to lockscreen in the windows app Photo's but its not there.the only ratio's avalible are: custom, widescreen, square, 3:2, 4:3, 7:5, 10:8am i missing something? kind regards...
  7. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen not changing to custom image.: I am attempting to change my lock screen image to one I have saved on my computer, but when I select the image in settings, the preview goes blank and just endlessly has a spinning loading circle, and even restarting my computer multiple times hasn't allowed me to change it....
  8. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen not changing to custom image.: I am attempting to change my lock screen image to one I have saved on my computer, but when I select the image in settings, the preview goes blank and just endlessly has a spinning loading circle, and even restarting my computer multiple times hasn't allowed me to change it....
  9. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

10. Make image fit screen.

in Browsers and Email
    Make image fit screen.: Hi, Used No Squint on FF which overode the default settings and was a boon for my octogenerian eyes. It has been withdrawn for sometime now and I have been having to continually use zooming (in-out) which is a real faff. I am wondering if anyone knows of something similar...