Windows 10: How do I make a exception for a dll in windows firewall?

Discus and support How do I make a exception for a dll in windows firewall? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I wanna make a exception for a dll in windows firewall but I cant find a way to do it.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LandonMeadows, Nov 3, 2020.

1. How do I make a exception for a dll in windows firewall?

I wanna make a exception for a dll in windows firewall but I cant find a way to do it.

:)

LandonMeadows, Nov 3, 2020

2. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Windows Defender uninstalls Google Chrome and it's Modifiers

Hello Sofia,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

At this point of time I suggest you to try your Windows firewall to make an exception rule. Follow the below steps.

To do so, follow the below steps to add an exception to the firewall list.

• Open Control Panel, and select Windows Firewall. Next click on "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
      in the left pane in the window.
    • To start making changes, you need to click "Change settings" located above the list of apps and features.

Note: that you need to be logged in as an administrator.

Let us know if the above suggestion helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 3, 2020
  4. David_203 Win User

How do I make a exception for a dll in windows firewall?

Windows firewall

I followed the steps and troubleshooter could not identify the problem. No changes were made to my computer since the problem started, except for a windows update or two.

David_203, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

How do I make a exception for a dll in windows firewall?

1. How do I make a exception for a dll in windows firewall? - Similar Threads - exception dll firewall

2. Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception: Hi,I am trying to define a program exception in Windows Defender Firewall on clients using a Domain Profile.The program is located on a network share.The problem is that every time the program gets updated the exe-file has a new name.For instance fof20020.exe.I've tried to...
  3. Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception: Hi,I am trying to define a program exception in Windows Defender Firewall on clients using a Domain Profile.The program is located on a network share.The problem is that every time the program gets updated the exe-file has a new name.For instance fof20020.exe.I've tried to...
  4. Exception policy for Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exception policy for Windows Defender Firewall: Hello Team,I believe you're doing well & keeping safe.I'm using an RPA tool to send emails to business. Sending email to business via tool is happening for more than 6 months. But all of sudden it has stopped working. We investigated the issue & found access is getting...
  5. How do I reinstall WIndows Firewall?

How do I reinstall WIndows Firewall?: I go to "Firewall & Network protection" and see... No action needed Then under Firewall & Network I see ... Domain Network - Firewall On Private Network active - Firewall On Public Network - Firewall On Then I go to "Manage Providers" I see ... Antivirus - Microsoft...
  6. How can I get winrm to setup Firewall Exceptions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I get winrm to setup Firewall Exceptions?: I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1903. When I run winrm quickconfig in PowerShell as an Administrator it stops with an error stating that one of the connection types is set to public and needs to be changed: WinRM service is already running on this machine....
  7. how do I block a .dll file from the Windows Firewall on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I block a .dll file from the Windows Firewall on windows 10?: I have contacted Norton and they can only currently block an application . This is not a workable solution when there is no application visible attached to it . an you please provide software that will block a .dll or service file from accessing the internet ? Our Case...
  8. how do I block a .dll file from the Windows Firewall on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I block a .dll file from the Windows Firewall on windows 10?: as the subject reads, how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-block-a-dll-file-from-the-windows/0abc878f-a165-40a1-8f52-c40c8e8fadd2
  9. Windows Firewall exception list (?) Is this for real?

Windows Firewall exception list (?) Is this for real?: From the Event Viewer, 'Applications and Services Logs', 'Microsoft', 'Windows', 'Windows Firewall With Advanced Security' event below, it appears that, in addition to the Inbound & Outbound Rules of which some of us (me) are familiar, there's also such a thing as a Windows...
  10. Windows Firewall Exceptions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall Exceptions: I have three computers on Local Area Network Computer "A" is Win10 and runs database Engine and stores Data Files - The Database Engine is listed as Firewall Exception. Computer "B" is Win7 and runs a program that makes TCP/IP requests for data to database engine on...