Windows 10: how do i make a good desktop

Discus and support how do i make a good desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i feel like my desktop has too many icons and its cluttered and i want to know how to make it look better submitted by /u/tushy444 [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tushy444, Oct 22, 2020.

1. how do i make a good desktop

i feel like my desktop has too many icons and its cluttered and i want to know how to make it look better

submitted by /u/tushy444
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tushy444, Oct 22, 2020

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 22, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 22, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

how do i make a good desktop

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond how do i make a good desktop :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

how do i make a good desktop

1. how do i make a good desktop - Similar Threads - desktop

2. problem opening documents on my desktop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem opening documents on my desktop.: When I click on an icon on my desktop designed to open a Word document, the system tries to open Word Professional 2007 then stalls. So I click Cancel. The screen changes to "chose a language!" then defaults to a chinese!...
  3. problem opening documents on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    problem opening documents on my desktop.: When I click on an icon on my desktop designed to open a Word document, the system tries to open Word Professional 2007 then stalls. So I click Cancel. The screen changes to "chose a language!" then defaults to a chinese!...
  4. how do I get my desktop icon back on the bottom of the screen they have vanished?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I get my desktop icon back on the bottom of the screen they have vanished?: icons on the bottom have disappeared and I would like to get them back as this task view option is waste of time. and the icons work better and more efficiently....
  5. Is remote desktop the best option?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is remote desktop the best option?: So, I have a PC desktop at home which is my main computer and a 2019 macbook pro 15, which I use for work and travel. I have been spending more and more time outside the house and unable to use my main computer. Is remote desktop the best way to use my computer while I am...
  6. Different taskbar for each Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different taskbar for each Desktop: How to have a different taskbar with different set of pinned apps on each new desktop opened through a Task View (on a Single Monitor). Can it be done through some other third party app? I've been searching for this and can't find the solution. submitted by...
  7. Nothing opens in my desktop!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nothing opens in my desktop!: Hello! I've been experiencing an issue with my desktop. I am unable to open apps, including the Settings, Command Prompt, PowerShell Admin, File Explorer, and Run. I've tried opening every single app and failed. I have tried going into Safe Mode but only get a black...
  8. Function key lock not found in MSI Bios setup Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Function key lock not found in MSI Bios setup Desktop: I have a desktop with a MSI Gaming plus X570 motherboard and when I go to Bios setup I cant seem to find the function lock key and I cant find a way to turn off the function lock because every time I have to press the volume or brightness button with the fn lock. I'm...
  9. Icons on Desktop are slow to respond to the cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on Desktop are slow to respond to the cursor: After a certain number of shortcuts the delay gets bigger with my cursor and the icon being highlighted. It's not my hardware's fault I have a good computer....
  10. Changing resolution modify desktop open windows.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Changing resolution modify desktop open windows.: I have changed my monitor to a 4K one (3840x2160), everything is perfect with my office applications but the problem arises when I run a game at 1920x1080 and when I exit the game and it returns to the desktop all the open windows that I had, it moves them and makes them...